Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
767 FMC Approach Issues (Read 4283 times)
flightsimcreator

767 FMC Approach Issues
May 29th, 2012 at 5:18am
Print Post  
Not sure if anyone has ever encountered this problem, but when ever I want to select a ILS Arrival or RNAV Arrival it never goes all the way to the runway. It will usually either end on a VOR and Waypoint. It happens just with ILS or RNAV Arrivals for both the 767 and 757 for Captain Sim. However when I just select a runway approach it works, but the controllers on Vatsim hate it. Is there any fix for this? It's driving me crazy and I love flying the 767.  Embarrassed

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Re: 767 FMC Arrival Issues
Reply #1 - May 29th, 2012 at 5:35am
Print Post  
I think you're mixed up on some terminology (either that or I'm just tired and not understanding you--that's always a possibility).

An arrival, or a STAR, does not lead all the way to the runway--it brings you into the general vicinity of an airport. There aren't "ILS Arrivals", only ILS Approaches. (there are RNAV arrivals, though, just not RNAV approaches).

An approach is what actually takes you to the runway. Approaches can be classified as ILS, LLZ, LDA, etc.. When you're on the Arrival page in the FMC, you select both an Arrival and an Approach (the Arrival leads into the approach--sometimes you need to delete a couple waypoints to clean it up, though).

For example, my arrival into LAX might consist of the RIIVR6 (or whatever it is--just doing this off the top of my head) Arrival (a.k.a. STAR), and the 25R ILS approach.

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

flightsimcreator

Re: 767 FMC Arrival Issues
Reply #2 - May 29th, 2012 at 6:17am
Print Post  
Ya it's late I mixed up the terminology... I meant Approach. When ever I fly any other plane with a FMC other then Captain Sim and select a approach it brings me all the way down to the runway. However when I select the Approach with Captain Sim planes it stop at a VOR around my intended flight level.

IP Logged

mbucholski

Re: 767 FMC Approach Issues
Reply #3 - Jun 7th, 2012 at 8:31am
Print Post  
It's some sort of a bug. Same happens when you don't select a transition but only an approach and the Missed Approach procedure is ignored and not inserted into the LEGS page. Annoying. Not sure whether this is a problem of CS or Navigraph.

IP Logged

passeur

Paraglider Pilot, Student,
Airplane lover.

Reply #4 - Jun 9th, 2012 at 9:15am
Print Post  
the same thing happen to me all the time the flight goes well and then when about to start the approach the plane stops following the flight plan and fly straight forward to it's fate (i.e the ground) and I can't use the heading selector to change the situation (i select the heading then right click on the knob and nothing happens...if i click on the hold button i have LNAV+VNAV+heading hold buttons lit...that's a strange combination)
And now the fun part : the 767/757 used to fly quite well but suddenly this bug happened...Is there some sort of black magics involved? Grin or is there a logic explanation?
PS : i'm having trouble setting an altitude for the holding patterns, no matter what i type (FLxxx, xxx etc...) it says "invalid entry"

&&  &&

IP Logged

oskiatl

Reply #5 - Jun 15th, 2012 at 3:59am
Print Post  
I have landed this aircraft once! I get the same thing,then sometime I get a violent rocking motion sometime also.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top