Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
 25 767 issues! (Read 46592 times)
GregM

767 issues!
May 18th, 2012 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
I am new to CS products. I bought the CS 767-300 base pack but am having some issues that I just don't seem to be able to solve. I installed the aircraft in FSX.
When I load the 767 all the panels are blank (Black) and the windows are open. I have tried closing the windows but all I hear is the window sliding shut but it remains open.
I was able to start the aircraft but the panels are stick dark. I Aligned the IRS but the panel and window issues still remain - Could I have any help please. Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks in advance!
Greg

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Re: 767 issues!
Reply #1 - May 18th, 2012 at 10:17pm
Print Post  
Usually loading a default aircraft like the C 172 before will allow the CS products to start up properly. Try doing that then loading the 767.

Reinstall the CS 767 if that doesn't work.  Wink

IP Logged

GregM

Reply #2 - May 19th, 2012 at 6:10pm
Print Post  
I normally load the UltaTrike first always and then connect to VATSIM and then I choose my aircraft of choice and it still loads up with windows open and panel black!

I am busy with a long haul at the moment but will try and uninstall and re-insatll it later and report back!

Thanks for the reply!
Greg

IP Logged

GregM

Reply #3 - May 21st, 2012 at 4:33am
Print Post  
I have just uninstalled this AC and reinstalled it and I am still having the same issue!

There has to be a simple solution to this. It is a direct installation from CS site! 

Greg

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #4 - May 21st, 2012 at 7:07am
Print Post  
To get it installed and working, try the following:
1) Install it using the Right Mouse Click > Select "Run as administrator" (Vista/Win7 users), select Repair from the options (Repair or Remove are the options).
2) Turn of your Anti Virus software (especially if you are using the latest version of Avast free, it will not allow the file to install/uninstall correctly) it might be preventing you from installing it correctly.

If doing the above doesn't work and you are still having problems, try the following
1) Do an OFFLINE activation (the installer guides you through it, so it's easy to do)
2) Do the FULL uninstall as described the KB #685 (this is the last ditch effort to get it installed correctly and requires removing the CS767 entry in the Windows Registry)

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

GregM

Reply #5 - May 22nd, 2012 at 3:16pm
Print Post  
Wow Mark - That was a mouthful for a "Not so savvy" PC operator!!

I will try your suggestions - Hope I get it right!  Smiley

Thanks! I will try it later today and report back!

Greg

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #6 - May 22nd, 2012 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
Sorry Greg. I did not know you were a "not so savvy" PC operator. Sad

Just let me know if you need a more detailed set of instructions. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

GregM

Reply #7 - May 22nd, 2012 at 5:27pm
Print Post  
Mark, a layman's instructions would be nice - Thanks for your time!

Greg

IP Logged

GregM

Reply #8 - May 22nd, 2012 at 10:00pm
Print Post  
I have done (with help from some PC savvy guys) as you suggested and I get the same problem with black panels and open windows.

I just spoke to someone on my VA I belong to about this issue and he helped me. But I am still getting the same results!
The person I spoke to has just purchased the CS767 that I am having problems with and his is working fine!

So I am out of ideas!! -- CS767 does not like my computer  Cry

Greg

GregM wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 3:16pm:
Wow Mark - That was a mouthful for a "Not so savvy" PC operator!!

I will try your suggestions - Hope I get it right!  Smiley

Thanks! I will try it later today and report back!

Greg

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #9 - May 23rd, 2012 at 3:31am
Print Post  
GregM wrote on May 22nd, 2012 at 10:00pm:
I have done (with help from some PC savvy guys) as you suggested and I get the same problem with black panels and open windows.
Did this include the complete uninstall of the 767-300 Base Pack? If not. here is how:

1) Uninstall the Captain Sim 767 (Start > Control Panel > Programs and Features (Add/Remove Programs for WinXP) > click on 767 Captain (767-300 Base Pack) to uninstall.
2) Go to [FSX]\Captain_Sim and make sure that the 767 folder is not there (delete it if it is).
3) Go to [FSX]\SimObjects\Airplanes and make sure that the CS_B767-300 folder is not there (it will still be there if you added any Variants), I recommend that you delete the CS_B767-300 folder if it is there.
4a) Vista/Win7 - Start > type regedit in the search field > Right click on regedit and select "run as administrator"
4b) WinXP Open the run command (*Windows Key+R) > type regedit and then click OK
5) Once Windows registry is running, in the left pane, select HKey Local Machine > Software > Wow6432Node (for 64bit OS otherwise skip this one) > Captain Sim find the 767Captain (folder) entry (see image below), select it then delete it (click on yes when asked if you are sure you want to delete it).

You have completed the full uninstall of the 767-300 Base Pack. If using Vista/Win7, right click on the installer csx767_1500.exe and select "run as administrator" (for WinXP just double click on the installer). You will need to activate the 767 Captain again because you deleted the registry entry, so do that. Once the installation is completed, start FSX and see if the 767 is working correctly.

*Windows Key. This is the key between the ALT and CTRL keys (bottom left side of the keyboard) with the Flying Windows logo on it.

Here is an image of what you will see in the Windows registry:

This image shows the Captain Sim entries in Windows Registry - notice that the 767 Captain (and 757 Captain) is highlighted.

Hope this gets you through the complete uninstall process so that the 767 will (hopefully) work correctly after reinstalling and reactivating it.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

GregM

Reply #10 - May 23rd, 2012 at 4:13am
Print Post  
I have just completed exactly "Step by Step" all that you wrote. Uninstalling the aircraft completely and going into the registry and deleting folders and files you mentioned.

I then re-installed the 767-300 as you suggested with right clicking and running the "Run as administrator" for Win7 -- I activated the 767 again and -------------------- Same problem!

Have the same black panel and windows open!

So, that didn't solve the problem.

I even got another exe file from the friend that has the AC and used that but got the same problem. His works, mine does not!

This is really getting frustrating - Not sure what to do!!

Greg

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #11 - May 23rd, 2012 at 5:04am
Print Post  
Start > Enter %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX\DLL.XML in the search field > click on the resulting file to open it.

See if the following entries are in there:

<Launch.Addon>
       <Name>Captain Sim 767 Menu</Name>
       <Disabled>False</Disabled>
       <Path>Captain_Sim\Captain_Sim.b767.menu.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
       <Name>Captain Sim 767 Sound</Name>
       <Path>Captain_Sim\767\cs.sound.dll</Path>
   </Launch.Addon>

If they are not listed, add them manually. Copy the lines above. Scroll to the bottom of the DLL.xml file. Paste them directly above the line reads: </SimBase.Document>. The bottom of the DLL.xml file should then look like this:

<Launch.Addon>
   </Launch.Addon>
   <Launch.Addon>
   </Launch.Addon>
</SimBase.Document>

save it.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

GregM

Reply #12 - May 23rd, 2012 at 1:51pm
Print Post  
When I type that it the search box and try and open the file(s) it opens in Internet Explorer --- Which isn't even my default browser. Why would it open up in a browser?

Not sure what I should do there!

Greg

IP Logged

GregM

Reply #13 - May 24th, 2012 at 12:54am
Print Post  
This is what comes up in Internet Explorer, but I am not able to modify anything! ---- But from what I can see at the bottom, the info you wanted me to see if it was there, is there!

Greg

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="Windows-1252" ?>
- <SimBase.Document Type="Launch" version="1,0">
 <Descr>Launch</Descr>
 <Filename>dll.xml</Filename>
 <Launch.ManualLoad>False</Launch.ManualLoad>
- <Launch.Addon>
 <Name>Addon Manager</Name>
 <ManualLoad>False</ManualLoad>
 <Path>bglmanx.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
 <Name>FsPassengersX</Name>
 <Path>FsPassengers\bin\fspassengersx.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
 <Name>Object Placement Tool</Name>
 <Disabled>True</Disabled>
 <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Mission Creation Kit\object_placement.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
 <Name>Traffic Toolbox</Name>
 <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Traffic Toolbox SDK\traffictoolbox.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
 <Name>Visual Effects Tool</Name>
 <Path>..\Microsoft Flight Simulator X SDK\SDK\Environment Kit\Special Effects SDK\visualfxtool.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
 <Name>another company HUD interface</Name>
 <Path>another company\DLLs\another company_HUD_interface.dll</Path>
 <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
 <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
 </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
 <Name>FSUIPC 4</Name>
 <Path>Modules\FSUIPC4.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
 <Name>FSCopilot</Name>
 <Path>Modules\FSCopilot.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
 <Name>another company Options</Name>
 <Path>another company\DLLs\PMDGOptions.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
 <Name>another company Events</Name>
 <Path>another company\DLLs\PMDGEvents.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
 <Name>another company Sounds</Name>
 <Path>another company\DLLs\PMDGSounds.dll</Path>
 </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
 <Name>GPS Module</Name>
 <Path>Modules\GPSModule.dll</Path>
 <DllStartName>module_init</DllStartName>
 <DllStopName>module_deinit</DllStopName>
 </Launch.Addon>
+ <Launch.Addon>
 </Launch.Addon>
- <Launch.Addon>
 </Launch.Addon>
 </SimBase.Document>

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #14 - May 24th, 2012 at 4:50am
Print Post  
Hi Greg.

The info is there, so you don't need to change anything. I have got .CFG file extensions to open with Notepad. I forgot about that. Sad

If you enter this: %APPDATA%\Microsoft\FSX in the Search Bar, instead, it will show the C:\Users\<USERNAME>\AppData\Roaming\FSX folder, just click on it to open it and all the files are there for you to access.

I wonder if FsPassengersX is causing a problem? I doubt that the PxDG items are because I have them too (although my entries are below the CaptainSim entries). I don't have FsPassengersX.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top