Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Slow needle refresh in gauges (Read 4800 times)
alexcolka

Slow needle refresh in gauges
May 2nd, 2012 at 2:50pm
Print Post  
Hello,
I'm having this issue, is this reported or adressed before? What could cause this to me?
Thanks for your help,
Alex

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Re: Slow needle refresh in gauges
Reply #1 - May 2nd, 2012 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Nothing, it's programmed this way. It would be nice to see them refresh faster...

IP Logged

alexcolka

Reply #2 - May 2nd, 2012 at 8:36pm
Print Post  
Hmmm... ok I guess then that it is done that way to save some FPS perhaps. I hope too that this could be improved soon.
Thanks for your reply,
Alex

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #3 - May 2nd, 2012 at 9:10pm
Print Post  
I was actually looking into that one too as I find the altimeter needle to come in rather choppy. A friend of mine tried to help as I don't have any xml code talent at all, but, so far, I could only break the gauge code or the 'update' parameter had no effect at all. I know that you can alter the xml code to allow for a higher refresh rate though.

The MS SDK describes the parameter here. http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/cc526953.aspx#mozTocId45130

Update Objects
Update objects are used to provide time based updates to a gauge. The GPS system is an example of a complex instrument requiring the use of Update objects.

Frequency      Integer value indicating how often the update should be run, in updates per second. Enter 1 for the slowest frequency of updates (one per second).

Thanks to some help, I now know that the code should look like this.
Code
Select All
   <Update id="fastgauge">
     <Frequency>1</Frequency>
   </Update> 

with the number defining the refresh rate per second.

As said, I've tried a bit, but I think I've placed it the wrong way or so. I know that some Airbus flyers used that tweak on another dev's plane and received fluid gauges for trading in a few fps. That's my plan.  Cheesy

IP Logged

alexcolka

Reply #4 - May 2nd, 2012 at 9:34pm
Print Post  
wow! great finding but I don't mess with xml codes, I don't want to ruin my gauges so I will wait for the mod.
Thanks!
Alex

IP Logged

Rogerox

Reply #5 - May 6th, 2012 at 7:36pm
Print Post  
Im experiencing the same problem with gauges refresh. Hope someone could explain where and how to make changes. Tried some insertions myself but refresh continues the same.

It really disappoints me the way it is refreshing. So many 'stutters' on the needles, etc.

IP Logged

Rogerox

Reply #6 - May 7th, 2012 at 12:34pm
Print Post  
Wonder if someone could explain in more detail how to increase refresh rate on the gauges, if there's a way to do it, of course.

I ask Capt Sim to insert, if possible, on the next update, a 'tool' to configure the gauges refresh rate.

Smiley

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - May 7th, 2012 at 1:58pm
Print Post  
Depending on whether the gauges a coded in the MDL file (3D gauges) or added to the panel using the normal 2D gauges, will determine how easy it can be fixed. I think they are 3D gauges, but I don't know for sure.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

marvic

Re: How To Increase VC Gauge Refresh Rate?
Reply #8 - May 7th, 2012 at 2:32am
Print Post  
Rogerox wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 2:14am:
Is there any way to manually change VC gauge refresh rates? Or maybe will CS create some setup to change it?

I think the gauges refresh rate could be a bit faster, imho.

Wink

Why are you starting another topic on the same question as you replied to in the Slow needle refresh in gauges
topic?

Cheers, Mark Win7 64bit, i5 2500K 4.2Ghz, Gigabit Z68X-UD4-BE, GSkill 12800 DDR3 8gig ram, GTX960,WD 2t, 250gb SSD, P3Dv3, GSX, REX E. EZDok, Accu-Feel, ORBX,Track IR5, Saitek PRO; Yoke, pedals, Xtra throttles & headset

IP Logged

Rogerox

Reply #9 - May 7th, 2012 at 4:54pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on May 7th, 2012 at 1:58pm:
Depending on whether the gauges a coded in the MDL file (3D gauges) or added to the panel using the normal 2D gauges, will determine how easy it can be fixed. I think they are 3D gauges, but I don't know for sure.

Oh, I see. Well... I hope someone can make it. For me the way refresh is now is not ok. I would like to see a more smooth move. Anyway, I like this plane and I'm glad CS and community are working to make it better. Smiley

Imho it's better than the 727 in term of flight modeling, but still need some adjustments. Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top