Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4 Send TopicPrint
 25 CP Air (Read 24867 times)
CPC900

CP Air
Apr 26th, 2012 at 4:25pm
Print Post  
There isn't a CP Air livery, by chance is there??

Bruce

IP Logged

CPC900

Re: CP Air
Reply #1 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Ok, I assume there is not from the lack of response Smiley

I will try to do one up.  I am fighting with it a bit.  I believe the .dds textures are dtx1 type, correct?!  I tried to do a quick test on the repaint, but am left with just black empty textures?!  I obviously am missing a simple step, methinks.  Any help would be appreciated.
Keep in mind, I am NOT new to painting, but it has been a little while for me, is all.  Thanks.

Bruce

IP Logged

simbiosi

Reply #2 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 9:33pm
Print Post  
CPC900 wrote on Apr 26th, 2012 at 9:07pm:
Ok, I assume there is not from the lack of response Smiley

I will try to do one up.  I am fighting with it a bit.  I believe the .dds textures are dtx1 type, correct?!  I tried to do a quick test on the repaint, but am left with just black empty textures?!  I obviously am missing a simple step, methinks.  Any help would be appreciated.
Keep in mind, I am NOT new to painting, but it has been a little while for me, is all.  Thanks.

Bruce

Yes DXT 1 no alpha
On Photoshop layer are hidden so if you open with what ever software you get empty texture.
You can rent photoshop for a month so you can have fun with it and able to do your beloved CP AIR.
It's not that complex livery.
You can download a plugin from Nvidia website so you can export in DXT within Photoshop.

IP Logged

CPC900

Reply #3 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 9:55pm
Print Post  
Ok, DXT no alpha.  Thanks, that all I needed.

Bruce

IP Logged

speck

Reply #4 - Apr 26th, 2012 at 10:27pm
Print Post  
Hi Bruce,

What a coincidence. I started doing a CP air repaint just 2 days ago. This is really my 1st FSX attempt for a repaint. The red triangle is still work in progress. I guess I'm still learning. I would also like to do the cabin but cannot find good references for the interior colors.

Here is a screenie

Btw where did you get that CP air 727 skin?

IP Logged

CPC900

Reply #5 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 2:19am
Print Post  
Awesome.  I started the front fuselage, but it is a pain in the a$$ to do the red stripe around the whole top front of the airplane.  Doing repaints is simple with horizontal lines; CP Air was a bit more complicated.  This repaint kit is NOT making it easier to complete.
As for the tail, unfortunatly, it is split up, otherwise your job would be a lot easier too Smiley

If anyone has any easier tips, please let me know.  Is there an easier way for me to wrap the red line around the top?!

Bruce

IP Logged

CPC900

Reply #6 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 3:09am
Print Post  
Sorry Speck, I forgot to mention......that 727 paint id for the vistaliners 727.  There is also a repaint for the another company 727.  They are available at the CP Air Virtual Airline site:
canadianclassicairlinesDOTcom/CPC/

Bruce

IP Logged

speck

Reply #7 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 3:50am
Print Post  
Thanks for the info Bruce, I'm gonna do my best on that CP air skin. Hopefully it will come out good.

IP Logged

marvic

Reply #8 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
speck wrote on Apr 26th, 2012 at 10:27pm:
Hi Bruce,

What a coincidence. I started doing a CP air repaint just 2 days ago. This is really my 1st FSX attempt for a repaint. The red triangle is still work in progress. I guess I'm still learning. I would also like to do the cabin but cannot find good references for the interior colors.

Here is a screenie

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v428/Speckfire/2012-4-26_18-22-31-325.jpg

Btw where did you get that CP air 727 skin?

Wow, keep up the great work. Looking Forward to using the  "EMPRESS" call-sign (CPC) on Vatsim.

Cheers, Mark Win7 64bit, i5 2500K 4.2Ghz, Gigabit Z68X-UD4-BE, GSkill 12800 DDR3 8gig ram, GTX960,WD 2t, 250gb SSD, P3Dv3, GSX, REX E. EZDok, Accu-Feel, ORBX,Track IR5, Saitek PRO; Yoke, pedals, Xtra throttles & headset

IP Logged

CPC900

Reply #9 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 6:18pm
Print Post  
I am in the VERY EARLY stages of working with this paintkit.  It's gonna take some time Smiley
I was going to post a picture of what i had done, but apparently I do not have enough posts on this forum yet Sad

Bruce

IP Logged

CPC900

Reply #10 - May 8th, 2012 at 3:35am
Print Post  
This is one of the most annoying paint kits I have ever used for a payware aircraft Sad
I am not a photoshop genius, but for gawds sake.  Trying to get the red strip around the whole aircraft, smoothly transitioning from side to top etc. is a real pain.  Having to do the nose in 4 different places to make a circle seems stupid.  Maybe I am making my life more difficult than it needs to be?!?!?!
Anyways, I hope someone can do this challenging repaint Sad

Bruce

IP Logged

marvic

Reply #11 - May 8th, 2012 at 4:12am
Print Post  
Sorry to hear you have stopped working on this nice classic bird. Thanks for trying. Is there anyone who can paint this classic jet?

Cheers, Mark Win7 64bit, i5 2500K 4.2Ghz, Gigabit Z68X-UD4-BE, GSkill 12800 DDR3 8gig ram, GTX960,WD 2t, 250gb SSD, P3Dv3, GSX, REX E. EZDok, Accu-Feel, ORBX,Track IR5, Saitek PRO; Yoke, pedals, Xtra throttles & headset

IP Logged

speck

Reply #12 - May 8th, 2012 at 3:17pm
Print Post  
I'm still working on mine time permitting and it's proving to be a challenge indeed. I'll post pics of my progress later on.

IP Logged

CPC900

Reply #13 - May 8th, 2012 at 4:03pm
Print Post  
Good to hear.  I will keep tinkerring with it, but it will probably take weeks to get this fully complete...if I even get that far.  Angry

Bruce

IP Logged

CPC900

Reply #14 - May 8th, 2012 at 4:53pm
Print Post  
For you experiened photoshop'ers, is there an easier way to do the circle around the nose of CP Air, where it can be separated into the 4 needed sections? (I hope that makes sense)

Bruce

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 4
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top