Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Cockpit lights? (Read 3029 times)
SoulFlight

Cockpit lights?
Apr 25th, 2012 at 10:44am
Print Post  
I recently got the new 737-200 v1.0 (?) and I am very glad for the new development. For example using a TSS soundpack was the smartest thing CS could do and you should have started with that much earlier. Wink

There is only one thing: the cockpit lights are still not working as they should. I know the entries are there in the aircraft.cfg, but the dome light doesnt show and the only things that are illuminated in the panel are the gauges.

EDIT: I looked into part one of the manual and it seems like there are illuminated gauges listed only. Is v1.0 still missing night cockpit textues with illuminated switches and a working dome light? It almost impossible to fly that thing at night because you cannot see the autopilots switches properly.....

IP Logged

windycityflyer

Re: Cockpit lights....as always.....
Reply #1 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
Hi SoulFlight:

Sorry, I do not remember all the lighting effects now, but, below, I believe, are all the light controls on 737-200 (that CS has provided). It will take you a good few minutes to locate and turn/try all of them... Smiley...

Are you trying all?

1. L09 [LIGHTS CONTROL PANEL]
2. R09 [PANEL LIGHT CONTROL]
3. O12 [OVERHEAD/CIRCUIT BREAKER PANEL LIGHT CONTROLS]
4. A07 [DOME LIGHT CONTROL]
5. S01 [MAP LIGHT CONTROLS]
6. P16 [FLOOD LIGHT CONTROL]
7. O06 [LANDING, RUNWAY, TURNOFF, TAXI LIGHTS]
8. O29 [MISCELLANEOUS EXTERIOR LIGHTS]

IP Logged

SoulFlight

Re: Cockpit lights....as always.....
Reply #2 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 12:52pm
Print Post  
OK, 1/2 my bad Wink i just noticed the problem appears only on one addon livery, the conviasa one. It works with all the others so I think there are some texture links missing for that one.

Dome light is still not working but I can install one myself in the aircraft.cfg

EDIT: fix for missing textures on addon liveries, interior or exterior:

Inside the texture.cfg of the livery, check wether there are valid source directories in the "fallback"-entries. In my particular case there was an "LM" given by the creator of the livery, where the real folder was called "night".
It also happens when there is the wrong plane model "737-100" entered.
This is due to captain sim's changes in file structures and their decision to release the -200 as base pack. Gives you some headache when installing liveries that were created during public beta testing.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Re: Cockpit lights?
Reply #3 - Apr 25th, 2012 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Sounds like you are a bit messed with older version and some free liveries.
Please read the manuals, and this, cleanup, check your settings, try.  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top