Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Poll
Poll Question: How does your APU generator work? (Ground, engines OFF)

No problems    
  18 (32.7%)
No power in 5-10 minutes    
  37 (67.3%)

Total votes: 55
« Created by: Captain Sim on: Apr 30th, 2012 at 6:02pm »

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9  Send TopicPrint
 25 737 locks up (Read 92242 times)
Crabs25

Re: 737 locks up
Reply #90 - Jan 7th, 2013 at 8:17pm
Print Post  
Quote:
After loading fuel, pax and running checklists, it's very frustrating.

Here here!!!

Is this something that can re-written?

[imghttp://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/x737/x737_T.jpg

IP Logged

Crabs25

Reply #91 - Jan 7th, 2013 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
No. Tried all suggested here. Don't open a menu (impractical anyway), had the switches set exactly as you show in the previous post, ground power selected, on and showing a voltage.

Ten minutes in, battery dies, avionics noise dies but lights remain on. No engine start. APU fires up but does nothing.

This is a bit poor.  Angry

IP Logged

EdwardS

Reply #92 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 7:58pm
Print Post  
As I write this it has been 25 minutes since I started the APU and switched the AC to APU GEN. I have bleed air but have lost all power, electronics have gone out and engines will not start.

IP Logged

Crabs25

Reply #93 - Jan 8th, 2013 at 9:44pm
Print Post  
EdwardS wrote on Jan 8th, 2013 at 7:58pm:
As I write this it has been 25 minutes since I started the APU and switched the AC to APU GEN. I have bleed air but have lost all power, electronics have gone out and engines will not start.

Same as my situation. Surely someone can work round this there are some very clever people here. You only have to look at the V1 gauge to see that!    Undecided

IP Logged

Bobby Boucher

Reply #94 - Jan 9th, 2013 at 12:35am
Print Post  
I'm working on it..  I could make a quick fix right now.. if I had the documentation for their naming conventions... but I'll figure it out eventually..

The quick fix that would at least get us by.. would make it so that when the CaptainSim APU generator is on-line, the FSX APU generator was also "on" (bool)..  battery stays charged.. problem solved..

This has been an issue long enough, that it's fair for us to get impatient..

IP Logged

Crabs25

Reply #95 - Jan 9th, 2013 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Bobby Boucher wrote on Jan 9th, 2013 at 12:35am:
The quick fix that would at least get us by.. would make it so that when the CaptainSim APU generator is on-line, the FSX APU generator was also "on" (bool)..  battery stays charged.. problem solved..

I agree with you. I feel awful for moaning but at the end of the day, it's an error in the design so should be addressed swiftly.

IP Logged

Caribflyer

Reply #96 - Jan 10th, 2013 at 12:38pm
Print Post  
I experienced this issue for the first time yesterday. I was actually on APU power for quite a while and when I was about to start the engines everything went dead.

I don't know if this is important but I had also accidentally switched off one of the fuel pumps prior to the complete lock up..

Marlon Carter

IP Logged

marvic

Reply #97 - Jan 10th, 2013 at 6:59pm
Print Post  
Crabs25 wrote on Jan 9th, 2013 at 10:11pm:
The quick fix that would at least get us by.. would make it so that when the CaptainSim APU generator is on-line, the FSX APU generator was also "on" (bool)..  battery stays charged.. problem solved..

I agree with you. I feel awful for moaning but at the end of the day, it's an error in the design so should be addressed swiftly.

Well Crabs25, whether you call it moaning or complaining, you paid for a finished product. I personally have worked around some of the issues and will continue to fly the plane regardless. Sorry to hear it is not working for you. One thing for sure, a service pack is needed to complete the aircraft. Many thanks to the many who have helped me and everyone out, I hope soon CS steps up to the plate on the 737.

Cheers, Mark Win7 64bit, i5 2500K 4.2Ghz, Gigabit Z68X-UD4-BE, GSkill 12800 DDR3 8gig ram, GTX960,WD 2t, 250gb SSD, P3Dv3, GSX, REX E. EZDok, Accu-Feel, ORBX,Track IR5, Saitek PRO; Yoke, pedals, Xtra throttles & headset

IP Logged

Crabs25

Reply #98 - Jan 10th, 2013 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
marvic wrote on Jan 10th, 2013 at 6:59pm:
Crabs25 wrote on Jan 9th, 2013 at 10:11pm:

Well Crabs25, whether you call it moaning or complaining, you paid for a finished product. I personally have worked around some of the issues and will continue to fly the plane regardless. Sorry to hear it is not working for you. One thing for sure, a service pack is needed to complete the aircraft. Many thanks to the many who have helped me and everyone out, I hope soon CS steps up to the plate on the 737.

True. I still fly it, and enjoy it, but would enjoy it that bit more if it worked properly. There are some great features, but some of these extras could have been left for a later upgrade if a set release date was an issue.

Nice as it is to look in the lavatory access panel, I'd rather be able to press the "ENGAGE" button on the PCDS and it set the EPR bugs, or sit with the APU running the electrics as it should.

No word from Captain Sim since May 1st despite the poll showing a 70% error rate. Not encouraging to a prospective buyer is it?  Huh

IP Logged

fsxpaul
Ex Member

Reply #99 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 2:48am
Print Post  
EdwardS wrote on Jan 8th, 2013 at 7:58pm:
Surely someone can work round this there are some very clever people here. You only have to look at the V1 gauge to see that!    Undecided

I think you meant me? Thanks Wink

Well the good news is I did for you  Cool

This is just the APU fix. I'll try and combine the Gound Power later.

Place the 'CS737_APU_Gen_Mod.xml' into your \panel folder.
Add this line to your panel.cfg under [VCockpit01]:
gaugeXX=!CS737_APU_Gen_Mod, 0,0,0,0

Where 'XX' is the next available gauge number.

https://docs.google.com/file/d/0B5Daz07NnS0Jak81UmZ0YUpPTGs/edit

IP Logged

Crabs25

Reply #100 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 9:59am
Print Post  
Hurrah!!! I did mean you, of course!!   Cheesy

Tried; works; brilliant. Thank you.

IP Logged

Bobby Boucher

Reply #101 - Jan 11th, 2013 at 12:06pm
Print Post  
Trying it now.. a quick glance at the code looks just the ticket.. Thank you ! Smiley

IP Logged

AirCanadaGuy
Ex Member

Reply #102 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:36pm
Print Post  
Remeber that the aircraft is still perfectly flyable even without the nice addon from FSXpaul. If you loaded a flight with the engines running, then cut them and turned APU on you can stay at the gate for hours, atleast until you run out of fuel. Wink

IP Logged

EdwardS

Reply #103 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 1:49pm
Print Post  
Actually, AirCanadaGuy, while you can stay at the gate for hours you cannot restart the engines to go flying with the fuel you have left over. Technically that makes the plane un-flyable simply because the engines won't start back up.  Sad

IP Logged

fsxpaul
Ex Member

Reply #104 - Jan 12th, 2013 at 4:05pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Remeber that the aircraft is still perfectly flyable even without the nice addon from FSXpaul. If you loaded a flight with the engines running, then cut them and turned APU on you can stay at the gate for hours, atleast until you run out of fuel. Wink

With all the tesing I've done with my new gauge, I've never had the APU circuit work correctly doing what you've described.
Maybe I'll try some more  Undecided

Edited:
I disabled my APU/Grd Pwr gauge, loaded up with a running aircraft, shut down the engines, started the APU: didn't work. Same with the ground power.
I have FSUICP on my system and had the battery set to 'indefinitely' so I never noticed the APU/Grd Pwr issue before.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 ... 5 6 [7] 8 9 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top