Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Engine Thrust (Read 2239 times)
fontaine32

Engine Thrust
Apr 22nd, 2012 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
I noticed the static thrust was bumped up, now she's way too powerful on end of takeoff run and climb .. I don't think this is just a change a number in the .cfg.. Idle thrust is not powerful enough.. You should be able to taxi with idle thrust after you get the aircraft rolling and descend at idle without the aircraft slowing.. Could it be the weight of the aircraft that needs to be tweaked possibly? There's something that is out of balance..

IP Logged

MikaelJ

Re: Engine Thrust
Reply #1 - Apr 22nd, 2012 at 8:23pm
Print Post  
There's something about the drag, weight and thrust wich is unbalanced. I need to use 50% on my joystick throttles to get the airplane moving.

At 0.9 version static thrust (18100lbs) I consider the airplane to be behaving quite nice inflight. I've tried lots of different static thrust inputs.
JT8D-17/A 16000lbs/JT8D-17R 16400lbs but they are way low
at MTOW.
And as mentioned earlier idle thrust at decent would be nice if this is implemented to the flight model.
Please CS look into this  Roll Eyes

best regards
mikael

IP Logged

fontaine32

Reply #2 - Apr 22nd, 2012 at 9:11pm
Print Post  
Same here.. I moved the thrust back to 17000 on the -200adv, it's more accurate on takeoff, climb, and cruise.. From cruise, throttles to idle, pitched for a -3000fpm descent, and she slowed to 230kts very quickly when it should be a 290-300kt descent.. I agree, it's something in weight/lift/drag..

IP Logged

fontaine32

Reply #3 - Apr 22nd, 2012 at 9:17pm
Print Post  
If this helps CS any, the aircraft should not sink so rapidly when going to idle in the flare.. In the real plane, you can bring throttles to idle at about 30 feet and it'll settle nicely with a pitch up to about 5 degrees without sinking so fast..

IP Logged

upquark

Reply #4 - Apr 22nd, 2012 at 9:19pm
Print Post  
Same issues here. The whole weight/balance needs looking at. The pitch is also far too sensitive and twitchy I believe.

Steve Amsden

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top