Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Problem with Weapon for FSX (Read 18079 times)
toktiny

Problem with Weapon for FSX
Apr 14th, 2012 at 2:37pm
Print Post  
Hi there
I purcased Weapon for FSX  just yesterday and I am afraiid that I am having no luck in getting it to work. I will explain what I have done so far to try and get it to respond and also what files and where they were downloaded which might give a better idea of where the problem lies. I am using the CS_Lx-45 Aircraft which is the default aircraft supplied to avoid the possabiity of any probem being introduced by using an aircraft from my own fleet and being “Armed” by myself with the “Loader“,  ( I might add that I have tried this and ended up with exactly the same results as I did with the CS_Lx-45 ).
My sim is FSX-SP2 and I use Xp-Pro –Sp3.

Just to make sure no files are missing the following was what was downloaded :

CS_Intruders, CS_Intruders_Heavy and CS_Lx-45 are all installed in the Airplanes Folder
CSWeapon .dll and CSWeapon_panel.cab are loaded in the main gauges folder.
CSWeapon.xml  is loaded in the folder with the CS_Lx-45.
Effects are loaded in the Effects Folder
Weapon Simobjects are loaded in the FSX\Simobjects\Misc - Folder
Sounds are loaded in the Captain_Sim\Weapon\Sound – Folder
The Captain_Sim\Weapon  Folder has 4 SubFolders ; Icons (1 File), Loader (1 File and 1 CFG Folder),
                                                   Sound Folder (20 Wav Files) and Textures Folder (9 Bmp Files)
I noticed that it stated in the manual that “OpenAll Library” must be installed and I confirmed this.

When I load up FSX and select “Bombardier LX45W Armed”with the green target showing from the list it provides same on the runway and when I change to 2D cockpit and press Shift+2 it provides me with all of the gauges in a row at the bottom of the screen  which I presume is what it is supposed to do. When I select ”ARM” it shows four Zeros on the “RDS REM” Gauge and the “Attack Hemisphere Indicator” lights up but showing just horizontal bars. I have tried firing guns etc. both on the ground and in the air but nothing happens ether visual or sound. I should add that I can change the Master Switch, The Weapon Selector Switch , Air-Surface Switch, Hud Mode Selector Switch and the  Radar Range Selector Switch with the mouse to their various selections with no problem but that is all that happens regardless of what position I have them in.

I read the SDK Manual regarding the “CSWeapon.xml “  file and from it as far as I can make out the quantity of ammunition is set by default to “Unlimited” .I tried changing this to 200 for gun bullets but still got the same as pointed out above. I then tried arming an FSX  default aircraft with just the bare minimum in the panel cfg. It armed it with the loader but again with the sme results as explained. I then uninstalled all of Weapon.for FSX from the computer, downloaded a new one from the site and reinstalled it but I am afraid I am gatting exactly the same results.

I feel that it may be something very simple that I am overlooking and would be most thankful for some help .

IP Logged

toktiny

Re: Problem with Weapon for FSX
Reply #1 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 2:56pm
Print Post  
Just to add a little information which I found out over the weekend and to outline behaviour established. As I have said above I have checked tha all files were loaded where they were meant to be loaded and they all seem to be in position.

1.  Everything seems to load properly at startup as described, providing all guages and also Loader can be used to arm 3rd party aircraft whic is shown as ARMED from aircraft selection screen.

2.  When Master Switch is used gauges light up and all Zeros appear in RDS REM gauge . SPACE bar or FIRE from joysick 0 button does nothing.

3.  I have checked Registry with the regitry utility to make sure that the proper path is available there and it states that everything is in order.

4.  When I press Shift + 2 the Gauges appear as they should. When I press Shift + 4 the glass hud appears as it shouls, however when I press Shift  + 3 a black rectangle flashes on screen in the area of the hud and quickly disappears. This will not occur again even if you press Shift + 3 a second time.

5.  As I have said all of the gauges seem to be operable by using the mouse,however , their is no responce from the gauges if you use the keyboard with the appropriate command assignments allocated to the various keys i.e. ctrl+6 : Weapon On/Off , ctrl+7 : Weapon Type  etc.etc.

5.  I have changed tried changing the ammunition quota in the CSWeapon.xml from "0" to "1" to provide an unlimited supply but this has no effect whatsoever.

6.  When Weapon for FSX is being installed it does not give any option as to where it is to be located. The only info that it asks for is where FSX is located and when you give it this it automatically loads the program into a Captain_Sim folder in the root folder of FSX. I find this a bit misleading as it does say on the installation screen browse to wher you wish to load it but does not provide this option !! Is the FSX root folder the only location that it should be loaded ?

7. It seems to me that taking the last two items which I have tested   ( i.e Ammunition allocation and Keyboard Commands ) which are both included the CSWeapon.xml file , that this information is not being transferred at all. Would this mean that a proper path is not being passed on as it should be ?

8.  I should point out that all of my efforts are using the default   CS_Lx-45 Aircraft which is provided and loaded by Weapons for FSX. Ther is no point in going any further with 3rd.party aircraft until at least the one provided by default works.

As I am sure you can appreciate I am getting a little disappointed with the program at this stage as I have put a lot of time into trying in vain to get it off the ground over the last few days.
I very much appreciate that 22 of you have read my mail but unfortunatly I have had no reply . I would be most thankful for any response even if it does not solve the problem but would help in some way.

My sincere thanks in anticipatuon.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - Apr 16th, 2012 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
For some reason, there is a problem with the CSWeapon.xml file in the Aircraft\CS_LX-45 folder and all the other aircraft you are adding it to.

There could be something wrong with your installer (csw001_1000.exe), or the activation didn’t work properly. When the ammo displays 0000, then there is a sytax error in te CSWeapon.xml. This is why I think that the installer or product activation is faulty. If this is the case, then:
Check-in to Your Profile > Product > Extended Download Service > Get New Links and download a new installer.

In the mean time, I replied to your email and sent you a copy of my CSWeapon.xml from my FSX\SimObjects\CS_FA-18 (without unlimited ammo). You can change that yourself if it works.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

PHo27

Reply #3 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 2:42pm
Print Post  
Why I cannot install the Weapons for FSX on my new Windows 7 Pro (64bit) computer because the activation window never shows up (the installation goes on, but the progran doesn't work because of lacking activation), but can easily install it on my 5 years old second computer with Windows XP Pro (32bit) where the activation shows up? The later is too slow to run FSX to use the program anyway.

The only difference is that the activation window never showed up in my new computer, but did while installing on the old. I first tried on the new one of course, but because it didn' t succeed, I tried it to the old one to bee sure that the installation program isn't corrupted.

While installing on the W 7 Pro I did it as administrator (as told in the manual) and even took off the UAC. What more should I do?

Pekka

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #4 - Apr 21st, 2012 at 6:28pm
Print Post  
PHo27 wrote on Apr 21st, 2012 at 2:42pm:
Why I cannot install the Weapons for FSX on my new Windows 7 Pro (64bit) computer because the activation window never shows up (the installation goes on, but the progran doesn't work because of lacking activation), but can easily install it on my 5 years old second computer with Windows XP Pro (32bit) where the activation shows up? The later is too slow to run FSX to use the program anyway.

The only difference is that the activation window never showed up in my new computer, but did while installing on the old. I first tried on the new one of course, but because it didn' t succeed, I tried it to the old one to bee sure that the installation program isn't corrupted.

While installing on the W 7 Pro I did it as administrator (as told in the manual) and even took off the UAC. What more should I do?

Pekka

Maybe your antivirus is causing problems.

As an example, I updated my Avast Antivirus (Free version) recently and it now has an affect on the installing and uninstalling of my add-ons. More specifically, the Captain Sim 737 Experimental (v0.6 through to v0.9). I had to turn of the "shields" OFF (I selected to turn them off for 10 minutes) so that the installers would work like they were supposed to work.

Sometime (recently) they changed how it works with the computer. I know I need to turn the "shields" OFF if the installer gets a red box (frame) around it.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

PHo27

Reply #5 - Apr 23rd, 2012 at 3:30pm
Print Post  
My system is Windows 7 Pro 64 bit (Finnish language) so I did all this said on the CS support site (for Vista/Windows 7):

Q: I use Windows Vista and trying to install your FSX product. But after using your redirection utility (according NOTAM 1204-1) your installer still responds with error messages: "Our product activation system has been transferred to a new server. In order to redirect an installer to the new server please follow NOTAM 1204-1 instructions".

A: Please make sure you have the latest version of the product

In your case this error message means: for some reason our redirection utility does not work on your Windows Vista system.

As listed in Systems Requrements all of our FSX expansions (except the '727 Captain') are Windows XP titles. Because they were created before Windows Vista was released. They run OK on our test systems but unfortunately we cannot guarantee compatibility with all Windows Vista systems.

If are having trouble running our products on Windows Vista you may try the following:

Note: You will be altering OS security and Parental Controls when performing the steps below. Please be aware that if you follow these steps, you will need to contact Microsoft for further support.

1. Verify first if the software is indeed Vista compatible. There is no need to go through extra steps on non-compatible programs.
2. Disable User Account Control - or you can try to right-click the file and run it as administrator.
3. Disable Windows Defender.
4. Disable any 3rd party security software including any virus or spyware scanner.
5. Make sure your 3rd party firewall software allows the proper exceptions.
6. Run the software in Windows XP compatibility mode.
7. Make sure your user account is a top-level Adminstrator acount, and does not have reduced rights to any areas on the computer.

Windows Vista User Account Control Step by Step Guide

If the above does not help we'd recommend to use our product on Windows XP system or request a refund.

It didn't help, althoug I  turned off fire wall, virus/malware detection, everything... temporarely.

That is why I made according to the last recommedation above and installed the WfFSX on my old (second) XP computer. That was "a piece of cake". The only trouble is that that computer is 6 years old and far too slow to run FSX. So I can't use it for running WfFSX either.

As one last trick today I copied everything of the program from there to my new Windows 7 rig and how come the Weapon for FSX started to work!

It's a nice program - harmfull that the installation is so tricky on new PCs. Maybe CS should upgrade the installation program?

Pekka

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #6 - Apr 24th, 2012 at 6:11am
Print Post  
Hi Pekka.

Try the offline activation. You could use your old Windows XP computer to do it if your Windows 7 computer won't let you do it.

Q: Manual Offline activation. My computer is not connected to Internet, how to install?

A:
'Updated on 12OCT09.

For older products (L-39, MiG-21, Yak-3, C-130 for FS9) please search the KB (keyword = offline).

For all other products only:

If you are unable to use instant Online Activation you can try to activate product manually Offline.
- First of all please make sure you have the latest version of the product
- GENERATE AND SEND YOUR SYSTEM CODE.
- Run a product installer .exe file at your computer upon which you intent to use the product.
- Review the license terms and click 'I Agree' if you accept them to proceed.
- Select Manual Offline Activation method.
- Submit Activation Request: enter the Order Number (make sure you enter correct Order Number for the product you are activating!) and valid e-mail address. Please double check you enter Order Number and e-mail address WITHOUT SPACES
- You will get a message that System Code file has been generated and saved to selected location. Click 'Next' to continue.
- Transfer System Code (code_xXXX.txt) file to any computer connected to the Internet.
- At the computer connected to Internet open this page. Click 'Browse' and select the System Code (code_xXXX.txt) file. Press 'Send a code'.
- System will connect to our server and generate a Key file.

HOW TO USE THE KEY FILE:
- Save generated Key (key_xXXX.txt) file. Do not rename it!
- Transfer the Key (key_xXXX.txt) file to your MSFS gaming computer.
- Run the product installer file (.exe)
- Choose 'Manual Offline Activation'
- Choose 'Use a Key received from Captain Sim' and follow the installer prompts.

Hope this helps.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

PHo27

Reply #7 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 5:59am
Print Post  
Thank you for help! As I told I got it working by copying all files from XP computer to Win 7 computer.

The problem was that the Activation window never showed/show up in Windows 7. Then I was unable to activate it both through Internet and manually.

However it works now and that's the main thing. Nice addon.

Pekka

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #8 - Apr 27th, 2012 at 9:18am
Print Post  
Yeah. That is a good trick to use. Grin I must have missed that part of the previous post. I thought everything up to second last line was part of the error/trouble report.

I have never had a problem activating a Captain Sim product on my computer using Win 7 Professional, so I wouldn't really say that the installer needs updating (but that's only my opinion). Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Hellraiser 1000

Reply #9 - Oct 23rd, 2013 at 10:11pm
Print Post  
Do the fire and smoke effects only show up on the military aircraft? Whenever I shoot regular planes, they go down, but with no fire or anything. Also, them,isles have no contrails like in the video. I cannot hit boats either.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 1:59am
Print Post  
Hellraiser 1000 wrote on Oct 23rd, 2013 at 10:11pm:
Do the fire and smoke effects only show up on the military aircraft? Whenever I shoot regular planes, they go down, but with no fire or anything. Also, them,isles have no contrails like in the video. I cannot hit boats either.

See my response here: http://captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1367173032/4#4. That should help you solve the problem. Wink

As for the boats, some can be hit and destroyed, others can be hit, but not destroyed and then there are some that you can't even lock missiles on (which don't get destroyed either).

I'm hoping that an update might address this so that Weapon for FSX can cause more destruction on the scenery/AI traffic (boats AND carts)! Smiley

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Hellraiser 1000

Reply #11 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 2:22am
Print Post  
Never mind, I ran as administrator and voila! Carnage. That mooney bravo never knew what hit it  Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #12 - Oct 24th, 2013 at 9:19am
Print Post  
Hellraiser 1000 wrote on Oct 24th, 2013 at 2:22am:
Never mind, I ran as administrator and voila! Carnage. That mooney bravo never knew what hit it  Wink

Grin Grin Grin Glad to hear you got it working!

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

jann8372

Reply #13 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 9:40am
Print Post  
Hey guys,
I have bought the weapon for fsx and i have bin trying to install this for 2 days now but i can't make it work. when i install it there are no errors i have followed all in the manual run everything as administrator but in game nothing no hud nothing

Please help me  Undecided

Running windows 7 and with spec more than enough for running it

IP Logged

Xpel

Reply #14 - Nov 27th, 2013 at 10:05am
Print Post  

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top