Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
CS707 and FsPassengers... Deep Stall (Read 5959 times)
cj95

CS707 and FsPassengers... Deep Stall
Apr 11th, 2012 at 7:08pm
Print Post  
Anyone here use both the CS707 and FSPassengers together?

Twice in a row now, I can be flying along no problem, and all of the sudden FSPassengers pops up a screen saying that "you cannot add fuel to a flight in progress."

No big deal since I wasnt trying to add fuel in the first place, but then when I click off the warning, all of the sudden Im upside down in a deep stall and spin that takes my from 33,000 feet to ground level in a few seconds.....CRASH.

Twice in a row.

Im 100% percent positive I didnt hit anything by accident, so Im wondering if somehow the programs are not playing nicely.

Only add on Im using is the CIVA INS

First occurance happend a few seconds after lift off...the second occured during cruise.

Ideas?

(Im trying this forum because people are friendlier....as a last resort I go to Fspassenger forum where they openly mock people.  Embarrassed  )

IP Logged

windplayer

Re: CS707 and FsPassengers... Deep Stall
Reply #1 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 8:00pm
Print Post  
win 7?

I flying with FSP extensively. Both cargo and passenger flights. Never experienced something like you described, but it looks like well known FSP problem. it can come with many faces, looks like you saw one of em Wink

google that - uiautomation fsx. this file may need to be fixed.

Another idea - check that you disabled option "unlimited fuel" in realism tab of FSX.

IP Logged

cj95

Reply #2 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 8:16pm
Print Post  
Yes Windows 7....Ill look into that fix you mentioned.

Here are some more details, the text of the pop up warning I got just before it flipped me over on my back.

Sorry no in-flight refuel allowed

Once a FsPassengersX flight is started you cannot add more fuel as it would cause problems with fuel consumption and quantities in the flight report.

FsPassengersX has restored your original quantities in the tank(s).

Want refuel truck, fuel zone or FSX fuel dialog ?

In this case call the fuel truck, select the FSX fuel dialog or put your aircraft on a fuel zone before starting a FsPassengersX flight and then don't touch the fuel sliders in the FsPassengersX payload dialog. Your aircraft will remain loaded exactly as you set it.

Remember: You can also load fuel per tank with the FsPassengersX payload dialog, click on "advanced fuel" button.

Short on fuel in flight ? (FSX refuel key in flight)

Then sorry for you, try to sort out this situation. Wrong fuel management is a frequent cause of accidents in reality so it should be planned carefully before flight. FsPassengersX is here to make you a better pilot.

Somehow, FSP is thinking I am adding fuel somehow?  Is this s byproduct of the way the 707 transfers fuel around?

I'd ask on the FSP forums but apparently not only do they mock peoples problems, but then they ban your entire Ip address from even accessing the website....fun and games. Tongue

Will let you know how this progresses.....

(Surely it could not be the CIVA INS?)

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #3 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 8:39pm
Print Post  
Wink i've experienced similar bug. FSP suddenly poped up a FSX map, and said - you cant slew. Ok, i said, but after i closed window - FSP said that i tried to move Aircraft and terminated flight.

You case looks the same, but with another menu. And if fuel and payload menu used, its quite possible that it sets SPEED=0. Thats the possible reason why you got a stall after quiting menu.

Actually its not FSP problem, that module (uiautomation) - a part of MS NET Framework. it used by developers and FSX itself to get acess to menus. and its buggy offcourse Angry
CIVA INS or any addons only increase possibility of some bugs happening. Since they all using that MS NET Framework.

Try it, and if it not helps, we'll find something else Smiley
Have a nice fixing  Wink

IP Logged

cj95

Reply #4 - Apr 11th, 2012 at 10:40pm
Print Post  
Well it happened for the third time after about 40 minutes of flight.

uiautomation.dll didnt seem to make any difference.

This time I can 100% confirm that it was not in responce to any keypress.

I was sitting back away from the computer letting CIVA INS handle the navigation at cruise altitude.

I didnt touch anything!

All fuel tanks were half full and no other errors were evident.

After the so called "fuel warning" I once again got dumped into a spin, and was semi-amused to note that  (now that I had crashes turned off)  even after I hit the ground the 707 continued to spin crazily in the grass.

A few more options exist:

1. Flight with FsPassengers but without CIVA INS.

2. Flight with CIVA INS but without FsPassengers

3. Anything else you guys can come up with.

To be fair this is my 4th time flying the 707 since purchasing it, but the previous 3 flights had no problems at all.   (all made with INS and FSP running)

Help?

IP Logged

Edwin

Reply #5 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 7:00am
Print Post  
I played with FSP and had similar problem. With my situation it occured when i opened the valves of the spare wing tanks when the main tanks were running low.

See screenshot and the not so well drawed circles Smiley

I quit FSP and went to FSCaptain combined with FS Flight Keeper for my personal VA.

2010-10-24_6-57-11-547.JPG (Attachment deleted)

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #6 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 10:48am
Print Post  
hmmm. I filling tanks with FSP advanced mode. I never tried to open emergency tanks x-feeds inflight. but i did it onground while checking fuel systems with FSP already running.  And i opened and closed X- feed inflight on every flight.

My bug experience came when i started recording in FS-Recorder. After that FSP disconected from FSX and gived me that bug.
I dont use INS, so cant tell. But trying to fly it without INS good idea.

Anyway i think its Net Framework problem. trying to reinstal MS Net 3.5 may be good idea too.

IP Logged

cj95

Reply #7 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 3:20pm
Print Post  
All good ideas....Im going to try mucking with the fuel transfer first and see what that does.

Thanks guys. You're awesome.

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #8 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 4:06pm
Print Post  
BTW Edwin, why are your air conditioning systems, both packs off, and temp control not set, and flight recorder off? that can be REEEALY uncomfortable Cool
P.S. just kidding

Cj95 - dont despair, we gonna find some solution i think Wink

IP Logged

Edwin

Reply #9 - Apr 12th, 2012 at 5:32pm
Print Post  
this is not a picture from me flying the 707.

I picked this one from the internet, just to get a visual of what i meant Smiley

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top