Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Can't fire AS.34 Kormoran (Read 3909 times)
Reber

Can't fire AS.34 Kormoran
Feb 21st, 2012 at 2:29pm
Print Post  
I can't fire a AS.34 Kormoran guided missile to sink ships. Nothing happens, the switch is set to "surface" it idicates track-mode.
What do I do wrong?

IP Logged

ptds

Re: Can't fire AS.34 Kormoran
Reply #1 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 12:15am
Print Post  
You must have the 'in range' and 'lock on' lights before you will be able to fire the missile.
Also, make sure you have the range knob set to the correct distance or greater than the range of the missile.

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Reber

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:21pm
Print Post  
Thank you for your answer Pete.
The problem is, the radar target tracking mode doesn't recognize (acquire) the target, in my case a ship off San Diego harbour. The target range is set to 100 miles, yet the ship is only at about 10 miles away. I point the nose of the F/A-18 direktly at the ship but the system stays in tracking-mode and nothing happens. If J fly towards the harber, the tracking mode acuires a target at the shore, but not a ship in the harber at wich I point my nose to. I think basically the problem is for air-to-survace missiles. Air to air missiles work perfect.
I appreciate your help! Thank you and best regards from Switzerland
Toni

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 2:47pm
Print Post  
Are you able to target the ship with other missiles? If you can't, then the ship is probably one that can't be targeted regardless of weapon.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Reber

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 5:08pm
Print Post  
I can't target any of the ships with all other AS-missiles I tried out also in other locations. I'can't target any groundtargets what so ever. The target mode takes me to other airports. I should be able to target buildings and other targets on the ground wich I choose not the system.
Toni

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #5 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 9:07pm
Print Post  
Toni,

I think that to get a lock on, the object must be AI. For example I have downloaded a HMS Ark Royal aircraft carrier and when I get a lock on to this ship it is actually the Ai aircraft onboard the ship that I get locked on to, not the boat itself. Not all ships in FSX are true AI models. This is a limitation in this mode.

As for locking on to any other ground targets, I can certainly lock on to ground targets in the form of AI aircraft at airports and also the little fuel truck that runs around some of the supplied airports in the package (Bournmouth airport in the UK for instance, I can target all of the AI aircraft and fuel truck using A to G missiles).

Another way to fire the Kormoran at ships of your choice would be to define them as 'rockets' in the CSWeapon.xml file. In this mode you would select the Kormoran with the selector switch set to 'Rocket' and then fire at will using your assigned trigger. The only downside to this is the missile will explode on contact with the ground/sea and the boat would remain intact. Not all bad though as it means you can swing around for another shot at the same target!
Find this text below in the CSWeapon.xml file and change the word 'MissileLauncher' to read 'RocketLauncher'. Use 'open with' and notepad to edit the file, and dont forget to make a backup first.

<Gun>
           <Type>MissileLauncher</Type>
           <Name>AS-34</Name>
           <Desc>AS-34 Kormoran</Desc>
           <HudString>AS</HudString>
           <Pix />
           <ConeAngle>0.005</ConeAngle>
           <TargetRange>23000</TargetRange>
           <MinRange>2000</MinRange>
           <MaxGForce>3</MaxGForce>
           <Delay>0.0</Delay>

I hope this helps.

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #6 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 1:16am
Print Post  
Reber wrote on Feb 22nd, 2012 at 5:08pm:
I can't target any of the ships with all other AS-missiles I tried out also in other locations. I'can't target any groundtargets what so ever. The target mode takes me to other airports. I should be able to target buildings and other targets on the ground wich I choose not the system.
Toni

Have you set it to Air to Ground? I can fire missiles at AI aircraft parked at airports as well as the Tanker Trucks and a few other vehicles (all at the airports).
At the moment, Weapon for FSX does not have the capability to target or destroy buildings. I am hoping that these features, and the capability to drop bombs, will become available in a future update.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Reber

Reply #7 - Feb 23rd, 2012 at 10:11am
Print Post  
Thank-you for your help! It is what I thought, the objects have to be "AI-objects" otherwise the search mode does not recognize it as a target.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top