Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
FSX C130E sound problems (Read 5614 times)
uk511

FSX C130E sound problems
Feb 6th, 2012 at 12:08pm
Print Post  
Hi all,

I have read the various posts re the 'faulty' engine erratic sound problems and annoyingly, I suffer the same. 
Until the sound update, that I see should come as soon as CS have time, I have to get round these by using the Q key reset, and a few others methods that have been mentioned on the forum.

There are 3 things I would like to check that I haven't seen answers to on this forun.

1.  I cannot control the volume of the engine sounds using the FSX menu : Options > settings > sound.  Moving the sliders or unchecking the box to turn off the sound has no effect at all.  Is this another problem that the update will solve ?

2.   I was advised to use the sound update available on the another company site called - updates/another company/C-130/C130FSXSound - to solve the sound problems.  I installed this update, but it had no effect at all.  What should this update have done to the 'faulty' engine sounds ?

3.  The payware update I have seen on the forum (from TSS ? ) for about $14,  apart from giving me 'better' engine sounds, does this also solve any of the current engine sound problems as well ?

The flight model and visual aspects of this FSX C130 are absolutely great,  it's such a shame that the sound problems I am having are so off-putting.   Hope you it is sorted out soon.

thanks

Peter

IP Logged

Petrsurf

Re: FSX C130E sound problems
Reply #1 - Apr 1st, 2012 at 1:35am
Print Post  

Hi,
I have to second that i've been waiting for this fix for few months and no fix without flying using all ather planes but not CS . It is enoying how the market works . all other developments they are push as first but such a issue as sound cracking it doesn't get fix even thought they know about issue . Last reply to this issue was need to wait till next year hmm very nice .  Sad

IP Logged

dt

Reply #2 - Jun 17th, 2012 at 6:49am
Print Post  
Just bought the C-130 X-perience base back and engine sound were rather annoying. My problem was that there was only two sound sets for four engines and sounds were in phase. It didn't made it sound like four engines running, rather two very loud ones. Also I found that vramps made sound behave rather strange.

I made solution to the problems, but since I have less than 10 posts I can't post link to modifications. I can post it later when I have 10 posts.

IP Logged

azcat

Reply #3 - Oct 9th, 2015 at 6:13am
Print Post  
Are we ever going to see an update for the C130 sound problems?

IP Logged

azcat

Reply #4 - May 12th, 2017 at 3:06am
Print Post  
Haven't checked in quite some time (2 yrs) to see if there has been any attempt to correct the c130's ongoing sound issues.   

I really like the C130 and have recently gravitated back to flying it.  However,  I'm so disappointed that the sound issues havent been addressed over multiple years.    I've intentionally avoided other Captain Sim products as a result of the fear of CS neglecting to correct issues with their product.

Has anybody come up with a solution?    I've tried installing other sound packs.... but nothing seems to get rid of either the variation in sound intensity during takeoff or what I can only describe as "sound thru a tunnel" sound changes when panning in the VC cockpit.    I've tried hitting Q periodically as it seems to reset the sound somewhat....but it always degrades.  Can anything be done via the sound.cfg file to improve this..?....   Or is this an issue that can only be fixed when Captain Sim finally decides to spend some time on it rather than spend time building a new "flying cow" to attract new revenue sources instead of fixing core products and earning revenue thru customer loyalty.

Frustration setting in.

IP Logged

Captain Kirk

Reply #5 - Jul 7th, 2017 at 1:56am
Print Post  
Running the TSS C-130 pack with CS...very happy with the overall effect that is has added to the C-130

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top