Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
New purchase from old expereince (Read 2762 times)
scarlson

New purchase from old expereince
Jan 31st, 2012 at 1:13am
Print Post  
So I recently installed FSX on a computer that can finally hack it, up to my previous FS9 expectations (after a long FS break), and I'm starting to look at some aircraft I used to own.

I had the FS9 757 back when it was the block mess, and there were quite a few issues with it that I remember. However it was in general flyable. My question is, whats the status of the 757 now. I see there is a ton of updates since, and I see they are talking about a v5.0 (got to love paying to beta) that's going to be a paid update bug fix I suppose.

Since I don't see a thread with known issues, how buggy is the current release? Is it worth purchasing or waiting most likely a few months + for them to update?

Thanks

Steve

IP Logged

windycityflyer

Re: New purchase from old expereince
Reply #1 - Jan 31st, 2012 at 3:15am
Print Post  
Hi Steve:

After a long break from FS, you're restarting w/ FSX...welcome back and I'm sure it will be an exciting time selecting your FSX aircraft! Hope you go for your favorites built from scratch on the FSX platform (taking advantage of all the FSX nuances)....

Regarding CS 757, the latest/last available official version is 4.6. Some users have stuck w/ 4.4. It really does not matter for you since you are starting fresh on FSX. The official word is that a payware 5.0 757 will be released after CS 777 and 737 releases. Whether to purchase now or wait is your decision...I would prefer not to influence your decision. You can read about 757 4.6 Feedback in the Thread below (and other related threads). Have fun w/ FSX.

http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1320279038

IP Logged

guigui44

Reply #2 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 8:25pm
Print Post  
Dear Steve,

Regarding the comments on th forum and my expérience with this plane, i am sure that captain sim will do better with the new release; you should wait....

Regards

IP Logged

CXA546

Reply #3 - Feb 1st, 2012 at 8:59pm
Print Post  
Definitly wait for version 5

IP Logged

scarlson

Reply #4 - Feb 2nd, 2012 at 9:26pm
Print Post  
Windycityflyer,

Thanks for that link, I never spent much time on these boards and am used to people sticking important topics... like an issues thread, didn't think to look for "feedback". oops!

I downloaded and installed the demo version... and all I can say is wow...  Its easy on the frame rates though LOL

Yeah I'm going to take your advice and wait for 5.0, at least I won't have to pay to beta test two models right  Tongue

Still can't believe after several years of being "gone", no one else has provided any serious competition. There really is no other 757 with a full FMC... and I won't even broach the Airbus topic.

Thanks again guys, looking forward to 5.0 (stable release please!)

IP Logged

tasev1

Reply #5 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:44am
Print Post  
I am so glad to hear it.  I gave up on the 757 because of problems.  Now that the latest 757 for FSX is 29.99, I'm THINKING about buying it....though it depends on what version 5 will entail.  Is it an upgrade price, or a a whole new $70 purchase?  If its full price, I'll buy the current version for cheap.....

IP Logged

DAL191

Reply #6 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 4:46am
Print Post  
tasev1 wrote on Feb 4th, 2012 at 1:44am:
I am so glad to hear it.  I gave up on the 757 because of problems.  Now that the latest 757 for FSX is 29.99, I'm THINKING about buying it....though it depends on what version 5 will entail.  Is it an upgrade price, or a a whole new $70 purchase?  If its full price, I'll buy the current version for cheap.....

Go ahead and buy it for $29.99 and you will regret it. Something that does not work is no bargin. Wait on Version 5, read the 757 forum to see if there are any serious issues and if there are not buy it.

Michael Cubine

Cooler Master HAF 932 Case, Corsair 1200W PS, Corsair H50 Liquid Cooler,I7-2700K 4.6GHz, ASRock Z68 ProfessionalGen3 MB, 8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1866 MHz 2-300GB VelociRaptor 10000RPM SATA 16MB Cache, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780ti, 3072MB, GDDR5, PCIe, ASUS 27" LED Monitor, Windows7 64bit, FSX Gold

IP Logged

tasev1

Reply #7 - Feb 4th, 2012 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
That's why I am contemplating it, because I haven't seen any serious issues reported - most comments I've come across are positive.  Certainly can't be worse than what I have now for FS9.  I never touch it because 90% of my flights fail.  If I didn't own it to begin with, I wouldn't bother...but I really want a good working 757.

What issues to you have with the latest?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top