Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
T/D Has a mind of it's own? (Read 4447 times)
IanB2469

T/D Has a mind of it's own?
Dec 22nd, 2011 at 2:04pm
Print Post  
Hi,
Running the newest version of the base pack bought today in the sale in FSX.
I consider myself to be well up to speed with the operation of the FMC in Boeings.
The 757 seems to have a mind of it's own when calculating the VNAV profile for descent. My T/D appears and disapears constantly, both on the ND and on the FMC's progress page. Likewise on the legs page the descent estimates next to the waypoints alter from cruise level to estimate and back again in sync with the above T/D issue.  If I add a STAR and select an approach (rather than simply the runway) for my arrival (in this case I'm currently flying to Ibiza (LEIB), it removes the T/D completely, and even shows my fuel prediction for my arrival (in an hours time) as my current fuel load.
Clearly something is up. I have checked and double checked the PERF pages, VNAV pages etc etc and everything is entered correctly (ZFW etc etc). Does anyone have an idea as this will drive me mad and probably result in this first flight in the 757 being my last!
Cheers,
Ian.

IP Logged

IanB2469

Re: T/D Has a mind of it's own?
Reply #1 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 3:06pm
Print Post  
Update - had to plan the descent manually and use v/s mode on the ap. FL CH was useless! Landed with a vertical track error on the PROG 2 page of my cruise altitude! If the FMC had its way I'd be overhead Ibiza having never started a descent.
I've just programmed the return trip in and it seemed ok until I selected preliminary arrival details for Newcastle. As soon as I selected ILS25 for my approach (which is the approach in use based on today's wind direction) it deleted all of the fuel predications etc. I've decided not to bother any more today.
As a veteran of another company I have to say that this isn't very good. I've either missed something entirely or there's some sort of bug. Any ideas?

Ian

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Reply #2 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 3:47pm
Print Post  
I am no expert on VNAV by any means, but it sounds like you're doing everything correctly. setting a STAR or altitude restrictions will allow calculation of the T/D, so everything should be working correctly. The only thing I can recommend is reinstallation. Undecided

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

wims

Reply #3 - Dec 22nd, 2011 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
There's a bug with T/D calculation in the CS 757 im afraid. Its no good Sad If you add and delete crossing restrictions the T/D calculation might come back again.

IP Logged

theguz

Reply #4 - Dec 25th, 2011 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
I get to T/D.  It starts to descend but then it stops at say 20 kft.  Then it actually starts to climb slowly.  then it waits about 50 NM before it descends again and then like a lead balloon.  I've had very few nice landings, if any.  Is there something I'm missing?  Or is there a bug? Embarrassed

Bob&&757-200&&767-300&&757-300&&777-200&&http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner.gif

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top