Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 787 Captain (Read 7586 times)
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: 787 Captain
Reply #15 - Dec 18th, 2011 at 5:00pm
Print Post  
Perhaps I misunderstood you the first time, because yes, anything we suggest now, even if CS decides on producing it, will not be seen for some time, which is something I've stated in other threads like this. As I've said before, I would just want to see Captain Sim produce a full 777. In fact, once I have that coupled with a few products from other companies, I would have plenty of jetliners to keep me busy and anything produced after that would just be like added bonuses.

And do I think that an L1011 would sell better than a 787? No, I don't, but if both came out tomorrow, I would buy the L1011 over the 787 (although I don't have any real interest in the L1011--there are many better planes that could be made for FSX in my opinion, but for the sake of example...). However, a year or two down the road I would love to see a 787. The reason for this is that the plane is currently so new, so a sim recreation would not be as realistic as it could be. Additionally, there are no regular 787 routes, and considering I use FlightAware to get real-world routes, that would be a drawback for me.

But once the 787 is a regular site at world airports, I think it would blow the TriStar out of the water.

And also remember that once Flight comes out, things may change.
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
dbhally
Beta Team
*
Offline



Posts: 445
Location: KSFO
Joined: Jul 2nd, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: 787 Captain
Reply #16 - Dec 18th, 2011 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
Your right, how long will FSX be the engine?

and..Same here Smiley



  

Dave
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Panny
Full Member
*
Offline


FSX is a pain in the ass.

Posts: 242
Joined: Mar 5th, 2011
Re: 787 Captain
Reply #17 - Dec 19th, 2011 at 10:18am
Print Post  
Being British, I have a natural love for my own country's aircraft. So when I heard the QWsim AvroRJ is going to be released, I was really excited! I love the plane and have been in one. I have yet to find a good payware for the BAC 1-11, HS Trident, older Comets(Comet 3 is out of the question as only 1 was made), and the Vickers VC-10! At my old school we were under the finals for the RAF Brize Norton airbase, so we saw VC-10s, A330s, and the L1011-500. I would love to see the VC-10 in FSX, it is such a cool plane. The wow factor and elegance surpasses many other aircraft!
  

ASUS P9X79 Deluxe, i7 3930k 4.4Ghz, Corsair H100i, 16GB 2400Mhz RAM, 2 X GTX 670, OCZ 500GB SSD, Corsair 650D case
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint
 
  « Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top