Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Default P51—Highly lacking? (Read 1880 times)
NNewcomb
Senior Member
*
Offline


757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Posts: 604
Location: United States
Joined: Jun 29th, 2010
Gender: Male
Default P51—Highly lacking?
Dec 13th, 2011 at 3:13am
Print Post  
I was just flying the P51 included in FSX and I noticed that it is very slow and very hard to maneuver. I can only get a top speed of about 100 mph even though the real P-51 has a top speed of 436mph. I also felt as if I was always just above a stall. The aircraft is hard to turn and hard to fly straight. Does anyone else know about these issues and do you know how to fix them?
  

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Default P51—Highly lacking?
Reply #1 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 3:45am
Print Post  
Not me. I have no problems at all in reaching 400mph.

EDIT: Although you can't see the VSI, I was climbing at over 4000 fpm AND doing a turn, when I took the screenshot, and was still gaining speed too!

Mark
  

2011-12-13_14-42-23-734.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
NNewcomb
Senior Member
*
Offline


757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Posts: 604
Location: United States
Joined: Jun 29th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: Default P51—Highly lacking?
Reply #2 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 4:09am
Print Post  
Could It be because the radiator flap is closed when I fly? I haven't flown the P51 much so I don't know much about how to fly it.
  

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Default P51—Highly lacking?
Reply #3 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 4:30am
Print Post  
I don't know. I just started FSX, loaded the P51, started the engines and took off. Battery, Generator, Avionics, NAV and Strobe lights, pitot heaters. That is all that I can remember I had turned ON to go flying.
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
701151
Senior Member
*
Offline


Delta 737-200

Posts: 1009
Location: UNITED STATES
Joined: Jan 29th, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: Default P51—Highly lacking?
Reply #4 - Dec 13th, 2011 at 2:06pm
Print Post  
NNewcomb wrote on Dec 13th, 2011 at 3:13am:
I was just flying the P51 included in FSX and I noticed that it is very slow and very hard to maneuver. I can only get a top speed of about 100 mph even though the real P-51 has a top speed of 436mph. I also felt as if I was always just above a stall. The aircraft is hard to turn and hard to fly straight. Does anyone else know about these issues and do you know how to fix them?


The solution is to wait a few months and buy the A2A Mustang with Accusim.
  

Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: Default P51—Highly lacking?
Reply #5 - Dec 14th, 2011 at 4:19pm
Print Post  
I don't know if it was related, but I once flew the P-51 and noticed choppy viewing and the aircraft veering. This soon appeared in my other aircraft, eventually to the point where I had to reinstall FSX. I don't know if it's related, but I'm still suspicious of it.
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
 
  « Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top