Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Flight planning with vertical profile (Read 1522 times)
theguz

Flight planning with vertical profile
Dec 3rd, 2011 at 5:28am
Print Post  
So what is a good resource to do flight planning but with vertical profile?  I can get the way points in Flight Aware but not altitudes at each point.  Maybe the altitude profile is my problem that my flights do not turn out well.  The aircraft has to climb or descend too quickly to result in a successful flight.  It seems like it is struggling to turn and get to the correct altitudes dictated in the FMC.  Thank you.

Bob&&757-200&&767-300&&757-300&&777-200&&http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner.gif

IP Logged

windycityflyer

Re: Flight planning with vertical profile
Reply #1 - Dec 3rd, 2011 at 2:33pm
Print Post  
Hi:

My favorite are the "Jet Airliners" Tutorial articles by Jane Whittaker in one of the two prominent sim magazines (the one by Key Publishing). I highly recommend those extremely well-written and readable articles.

The articles specifically related to VNAV start at issue 49 for about 4-to-5 subsequent issues with titles such as: VNAV - The Vertical Navigation Tool - keep to the path, Mastering VNAV - managing your profile, Vertical Navigation and the FMC - VNAV'ing with experts,  and Climb and descent with autopilot - what goes up must come down etc. The series is ended w/ a Putting theory into practice tutorial flight where SPD interventions and FLAP controls during a (sharp turn) VNAV active climb are explained.

Hope you can get hold of those back-issues. You can, of course, also find other related references/resources of more technical nature elsewhere.

Have fun.

IP Logged

theguz

Re: Flight planning with vertical profile
Reply #2 - Dec 3rd, 2011 at 7:56pm
Print Post  
thank you I will have a look.

Bob&&757-200&&767-300&&757-300&&777-200&&http://www.captainsim.com/user/dl/b757/752_users_banner.gif

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top