Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Takeoff Thrust Settings (Read 9220 times)
transitmiguel757

Takeoff Thrust Settings
Nov 15th, 2011 at 4:56am
Print Post  
I have been trying to create a trouble ticket on this issue and Captain sim keeps closing my tickets saying that the question has already been answered, so they give some KB number that has nothing to do with my question at all.

so my problem is that the aircraft wont go to 1.79EPR (RR) and the same thing also happens on the PW version since I like the RR Version i will keep the topic on that for now.  when I start to take off  and press the EPR switch on the MCP and it always hits the a Wall at 1.66EPR and never goes any higher even though the commanded thrust is 1.79EPR I would like to know if this is normal or is this a bug Please i need help on this because i bought this aircraft on the 12 of October and i want to get my monies worth so any help would be gladly
T      

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: Takeoff Thrust Settings
Reply #1 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 5:37am
Print Post  
It may be that you are seeing the outcome of the sort of reversed engine model on the 757. The real engine would have a slow spool up at low N-values, whereas the sim gives you an almost instant response. On the other side of the spectrum, the real engines are fast if you already have some 'rpm' on them, but that's where the 757 begins to slow down severely.

I could see her 'hitting a wall' at TO well below the commanded EPR value, but then very slowly advancing to a somehow usable value.

IP Logged

transitmiguel757

Reply #2 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 6:40am
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Nov 15th, 2011 at 5:37am:
It may be that you are seeing the outcome of the sort of reversed engine model on the 757. The real engine would have a slow spool up at low N-values, whereas the sim gives you an almost instant response. On the other side of the spectrum, the real engines are fast if you already have some 'rpm' on them, but that's where the 757 begins to slow down severely.

I could see her 'hitting a wall' at TO well below the commanded EPR value, but then very slowly advancing to a somehow usable value.

So what do you think i should do because no matter what she wont go past 1.66EPR at all even though the commanded thrust is set for 1.79 and when i derate to 1.76 or any other value higher then 1.66 EPR it wont go any higher then that. now i want to know is is there a fix for this and is there any modifications out there that would help me. thanks so much for the response.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #3 - Nov 15th, 2011 at 10:17am
Print Post  
When you don't use the EPR button but manually advance the throttles to full, do you reach the top margin then?
Can you post a screenshot when this 'EPR value stuck' happens?

IP Logged

transitmiguel757

Reply #4 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 3:41am
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Nov 15th, 2011 at 10:17am:
When you don't use the EPR button but manually advance the throttles to full, do you reach the top margin then?
Can you post a screenshot when this 'EPR value stuck' happens?

Sure this is the screenshot that you requested and thanks again for your prompt reply

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #5 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 7:01am
Print Post  
Thanks for the screenshot, Miguel.
Well, at least on that screenshot, you are missing quite some systems on the 757. You have some warnings there and I doubt that the plane is ready to fly yet.

I may suggest some things. A vital one are the manuals which include descriptions of the systems but also full checklists. Get them here. http://www.captainsim.com/products/x757/manuals.html
Those are recommended since the CS 757 tries to render the real 757 in quite some aspects, so you e.g. program the FMC first to make sure it drives the autothrottle correctly.

If you need help on those items, maybe take a look into this thread. http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1220997876
If you then find out that you still get a totally wrong behaviour out of the plane, feel free to post again. As said, I currently think that the checklists are the biggest help.

IP Logged

transitmiguel757

Reply #6 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 11:59am
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 7:01am:
Thanks for the screenshot, Miguel.
Well, at least on that screenshot, you are missing quite some systems on the 757. You have some warnings there and I doubt that the plane is ready to fly yet.

I may suggest some things. A vital one are the manuals which include descriptions of the systems but also full checklists. Get them here. http://www.captainsim.com/products/x757/manuals.html
Those are recommended since the CS 757 tries to render the real 757 in quite some aspects, so you e.g. program the FMC first to make sure it drives the autothrottle correctly.

If you need help on those items, maybe take a look into this thread. http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1220997876
If you then find out that you still get a totally wrong behaviour out of the plane, feel free to post again. As said, I currently think that the checklists are the biggest help.

Thanks again for your quick reply no i have followed the right checklist set up the fmc correctly and everything and i am still having the same issue this is an updated procedure screenshot showing everything configured correctly for takeoff and you can still see that the EPR with out autothrottle still hits the wall at 1.66EPR still the same problem.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #7 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 12:00pm
Print Post  
That screenshot looks like it is the main 2D panel from the 757 Captain for FS9, not for FSX. Wink

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

transitmiguel757

Reply #8 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 12:07pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 12:00pm:
That screenshot looks like it is the main 2D panel from the 757 Captain for FS9, not for FSX. Wink

Thats true however i felt like posting this here because i have posted this in the fs9 section countless times and nobody seems to answer so I looked for help anywhere i can get it I am so sorry but I need assistance and i have exhausted all measures from reinstalling and setting up the plane correctly and everything i Certainly need the help I really appreciate it

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #9 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 12:13pm
Print Post  
No harm done. But I can't explain why there's a wall.  Undecided

IP Logged

transitmiguel757

Reply #10 - Nov 16th, 2011 at 12:15pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Nov 16th, 2011 at 12:13pm:
No harm done. But I can't explain why there's a wall.  Undecided

Do You have the same issue with the 757 are you able to get the max power of 1.79 EPR if so there is a problem on my end some where

IP Logged

bbain

Reply #11 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 12:33pm
Print Post  
This is a bug that I'm surprised more hasn't been said about on these forums. I can confirm it is a bug in FSX as well. I'm pretty disappointed they didn't fix this for 4.6. I made a workaround a long time ago. This site won't let me post a link to my old thread but search for "my fix for takeoff epr bug"

That will at least get you ballpark realistic performance, even though the EPR values still won't be right. So basically at 1.66 now or whatever the wall is it will perform as if it is a max EPR takeoff.

Ben

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #12 - Nov 29th, 2011 at 2:26pm
Print Post  
bbain wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 12:33pm:
This is a bug that I'm surprised more hasn't been said about on these forums. I can confirm it is a bug in FSX as well. I'm pretty disappointed they didn't fix this for 4.6. I made a workaround a long time ago. This site won't let me post a link to my old thread but search for "my fix for takeoff epr bug"

That will at least get you ballpark realistic performance, even though the EPR values still won't be right. So basically at 1.66 now or whatever the wall is it will perform as if it is a max EPR takeoff.

Ben

Hi Ben.

Now that you have 10 posts, you should be able to add a link to the Topic/thread where provide a fix for the "takeoff EPR bug". Not being able to add web and image link when under 10 posts is to guard against spammers in the forum. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

transitmiguel757

Reply #13 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 5:48am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 2:26pm:
bbain wrote on Nov 29th, 2011 at 12:33pm:

Ben

Hi Ben.

Now that you have 10 posts, you should be able to add a link to the Topic/thread where provide a fix for the "takeoff EPR bug". Not being able to add web and image link when under 10 posts is to guard against spammers in the forum. Wink

Mark

Hey Mark do you know if there is any plans to fix this or is Captainsim going to ignore this I Work For American and i talk to pilots and they say 1.66 in unacceptable it must go past 1.6 epr especially for etops takeoffs and climb so to be honest with you this model has not been accurate as they claim so please any info would be gladly appreciated because like I said I spent money and this and i feel like Captainsim is giving me the runaround which i dont believe is fair. They have yet to address my situation and i feel like thats bad business practice please respond!!!!!!!!!

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #14 - Dec 1st, 2011 at 9:36am
Print Post  
transitmiguel757 wrote on Dec 1st, 2011 at 5:48am:
Hey Mark do you know if there is any plans to fix this or is Captainsim going to ignore this I Work For American and i talk to pilots and they say 1.66 in unacceptable it must go past 1.6 epr especially for etops takeoffs and climb so to be honest with you this model has not been accurate as they claim so please any info would be gladly appreciated because like I said I spent money and this and i feel like Captainsim is giving me the runaround which i dont believe is fair. They have yet to address my situation and i feel like thats bad business practice please respond!!!!!!!!!

I wouldn't know if they are going to fix this. And because I am not on the Captain Sim staff, nor the development team, they wouldn't tell me if they were going to.

Sorry I can't help you. But if you were to try the method that Ben has provided in his "my fix for takeoff epr bug" thread/topic, then that might help. You can find it here: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1271112345

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top