Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Old 60s material (Read 2852 times)
simbiosi
Full Member
*
Offline



Posts: 94
Joined: Mar 1st, 2008
Old 60s material
Oct 23rd, 2011 at 10:55pm
Print Post  
I would like to find info on flight plan and ceiling altitude in the 60s.
I discover this incredible blog with lot's of info
http://propspistonsandoldairliners.blogspot.com/2011/03/flying-boac-707-420-to-s...
Anyone got info or scanned chart of this period.
Thank's
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
CoolP
Senior Member
*
Offline



Posts: 2568
Joined: Jan 17th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: Old 60s material
Reply #1 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 2:29am
Print Post  
Seems like they've used some of Lou's stories.  Huh
Seriously, nice catch and interesting read. Thanks! Look, they even have old DC-8 checklists.  Shocked

So you are looking for old enroute charts or something?
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Old 60s material
Reply #2 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 4:17am
Print Post  
simbiosi wrote on Oct 23rd, 2011 at 10:55pm:

WOW. That blog is great and very interesting reading. It looks like I'm going to up for some reading if I want to read more of those great stories!

Thanks for the link simbiosi. I've bookmarked it for future viewing. Smiley
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
simbiosi
Full Member
*
Offline



Posts: 94
Joined: Mar 1st, 2008
Re: Old 60s material
Reply #3 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 10:53am
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Oct 25th, 2011 at 2:29am:
So you are looking for old enroute charts or something?

Yep my VA got classic route so would be nice to have chart and info at that time.
For now I go to http://rfinder.asalink.net/free/ uncheck RNAV and do my flight at maximum of FL 33000
In the same blog you can find really great stuff: here KJFK SID and STAR in 70"
http://propspistonsandoldairliners.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-york-metroplex-proce...
but there is other chart.
I hope that someone start to write book and do some reserch on all this subject maybe Lou can do it Wink
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
CoolP
Senior Member
*
Offline



Posts: 2568
Joined: Jan 17th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: Old 60s material
Reply #4 - Oct 26th, 2011 at 12:08am
Print Post  
Lou doesn't have to do research, he is the research object.  Cheesy I'm sure he can tell you how the old routings differed from the current ones.
I remember the thing with the Ocean Stations for example, although those could indeed have happened a bit before his time, but the remains in knowledge may have been there for longer.
But he once had that story where his captain joked around on the frequency calling for the station, right?

simbiosi wrote on Oct 25th, 2011 at 10:53am:
In the same blog you can find really great stuff: here KJFK SID and STAR in 70"
http://propspistonsandoldairliners.blogspot.com/2011/01/new-york-metroplex-proce...

Now how cool is that? Look at those! Thanks for the link again.  Smiley

Do you fly the B377 too? Would be a nice addition if you are that much into history and the first commercial Atlantic services for example.
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
simbiosi
Full Member
*
Offline



Posts: 94
Joined: Mar 1st, 2008
Re: Old 60s material
Reply #5 - Oct 27th, 2011 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
I haven't read this one but i shure i keep riding the 44 page time to time.
I think would be nice if He can start a blog or we can do it for him so everybody can read easly instad going through 44 page to read all his story.


Unfortunately I don't have much time to cross the pond but when kids will grow I shure my spare time will follow Wink
No I haven't try this one B377 but I wold like to to enjoy the C47, also be inspired by www.icepilots.com
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
CoolP
Senior Member
*
Offline



Posts: 2568
Joined: Jan 17th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: Old 60s material
Reply #6 - Oct 28th, 2011 at 11:55am
Print Post  
Ah, I see, you are up for adventures.  Smiley Nice direction.
  
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
 
  « Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top