Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 707 PILOTS POLL - QUESTION ?? (Read 5499 times)
JetRanger

JETRANGER

707 PILOTS POLL - QUESTION ??
Oct 22nd, 2011 at 6:56am
Print Post  
How many 707 Pilots out there have "Actually" taken the time to Download all the PDF how to information files available, that Captain Sim provided ,  on how to fly the Boeing 707, and printed off the over 99 page Instructions ???
  • Answer : YES  Answer : NO

IMG_1298_001.JPG (Attachment deleted)

YouTube  
IP Logged

CoolP

Re: 707 PILOTS POLL - QUESTION ??
Reply #1 - Oct 22nd, 2011 at 11:33pm
Print Post  
Got them all, but didn't print much except for the checklists. Does that count?
I think Avsimrus also hosted a version of a full Boeing doc on the 707.

IP Logged

JetRanger

JETRANGER

Reply #2 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 12:54am
Print Post  
Well, kinda sorta it counts I guess,,,

YouTube  
IP Logged

CoastalDriver

Reply #3 - Oct 23rd, 2011 at 10:29pm
Print Post  
The answer is YES.

You need the manuals to give yourself a thorough understanding of what is a very complex aeroplane and the real first swept wing jet transport. Like all these turbine aircraft it is a fly it by the numbers exercise. Your appreciation of the quality of this aeroplane and the work of Captain Sim will improve immeasurably once you understand its quirks and characteristics.

IP Logged

giorgio nicola

Reply #4 - Oct 25th, 2011 at 1:18pm
Print Post  
yes of course... I've red and printed the manual before I had came here to make question

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #5 - Oct 30th, 2011 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Im not a 707 pilot, but i downloaded all 3 parts of 707 manual. i just decided to "pig wrestle" on a shorter routes Smiley but since it much more detailed then the 727 manual, and systems..hmmm... "sort of a simillar", im reading em both in cruise Wink i dont know if it counts too, but thats the story Smiley

IP Logged

Delta 737-200

Reply #6 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 12:17am
Print Post  
There's a manual?  Tongue

IP Logged

Pinatubo

Reply #7 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 12:47am
Print Post  
701151 wrote on Nov 1st, 2011 at 12:17am:
There's a manual?  Tongue

No...There are three !  Smiley

My fleet (CS and from others developers):

L1011; B777-200/F; B777-200/F (LR); MD-11/F;B737-600/700/800/900NG; B767-300/200/F/KC ; B757-300/200/F ; C130 X-perience All-In-One; B707-300/300C; B727-100/200; B737-200/200ADV; WX Radar

IP Logged

Kapitan

Reply #8 - Nov 1st, 2011 at 12:30pm
Print Post  
Well, I have the original 707 Opeations Manual, heritage of my father, but that doesnt count to fly a captainsim version.

I downloaded them...but didnt read them.
As others I just read a few pages, how to turn lights on, etc., and the checklists.

And I will continue to do so with all other addons.

The reason is simple.
Developpers like Captainsim do something in their manuals that annoy me severly. They tell you to make things and to follow procedures that have no practical symptom in the sim.

Meaning they are mock knobs, buttons, switches, etc.
This confuses us in the operation of buttons that do have some effect in the sim. And I dont mean a little needle moving...I mean practical simming operations, buttons that if not operated properly the plane wont fly or be unstable, or loose power, or run out of fuel, turn lights etc etc

They should have TWO different Manuals.
One with all the mock buttons that its only purpose is to simulate buttons that SHOULD have some effect. In any case its irrelevant because a REAL 707 has FIVE HUNDRED additional tasks that are not simulated anyway.

And another Manual that has exclusively buttons-switches and operations that have an effect on the flying model.
The checklist is the only that gets NEAR this, but still has many useless mocked items.

IF THE MANUAL INCLUDED ONLY OPERATIONS WITH PRACTICAL EFFECTS IN THE SIM AND FLIGHT MODEL, I WOULD READ THEM THOROUGHLY.
K

&&&&

IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #9 - Nov 2nd, 2011 at 7:54pm
Print Post  
well, there is another perspective of that mock knobs and "dead" procedures. im ordinary guy, never touched the sky in real life (except i logged some time as my butt slowly decended on parachute from 3000ft once, and i flied tu-134 and tu-154 when i was a child and M.Gorbachev did perestroyka ) And i never dreamed to be a pilot.  I love my job and what im doing now, but sometimes i need rest. It happens that i got into aviation via old fs5.1, fs98, films, reading, - so flying jurassic jet in FSX - works for me Cheesy "Dig into" all aspects of being a pilot is huge part of fun. Ground flight planning, fuel calculation, "mock" procedures, - more i do, deeper i get involved into it, = more fun, better rest. I know that i dont need all that knobs and tables to fly it but they a very atmospheric nuts Smiley)
so for me skipping it = major loss of funtime. So even knowing they dont have effect, i dont skip it.

I'd like to see that knobs all working as it should, but well...i guess nothing ideal Smiley maybe next version will be much kooler   Cool

P.S. From "go for realism" buyer perspective i agree that there is need to mark what really works in model, and what not. but if that done, splitting the manual for "working\ mock" not required then.

IP Logged

JetRanger

JETRANGER

Reply #10 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 8:03am
Print Post  
Ohhh Boy - Ol' "Joe Patroni" is gonna be so Proud of you All !!  as he said recently (41 years ago), I quote " Joe Patroni: That's one nice thing about the 707. It can do everything BUT read.
[throws his chewed and soggy cigar over his shoulder] !!!                    JetRanger : from the Joe Patroni, University .

joe1.jpg (Attachment deleted)

YouTube  
IP Logged

windplayer

Reply #11 - Nov 4th, 2011 at 3:50pm
Print Post  
Man, he can do that because he got that cigar and cap! If i had this cigar'n'cap, then i'd be this cool too  Cool

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top