Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
SOS - MAYDAY PILOT in Distress - Needs Help ! ! (Read 3707 times)
JetRanger
Full Member
*
Offline


JETRANGER

Posts: 137
Location: KMKC - Kansas City Missouri
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011
Gender: Male
SOS - MAYDAY PILOT in Distress - Needs Help ! !
Oct 10th, 2011 at 1:19am
Print Post  
10/10/2011 - Help - this is "JetRanger" , and I'm having Problems - I have Flight Simulator "FSX" Gold Acceleration Edition,,, and Windows 7, using IE, and microsoft Security Essentials,,, When ever I try to pull up and Menu like by hitting the "Shift" 1-2-3-4- buttons to Display a GPS, MAP or Throttle Quadrant, all I get is a Quick black screen and it it goes right back off, on ALL my Aircraft, Default Planes/ Aircraft too,,, I even turned off my POP-UP Blocker, and that didn't work ,,,, so now this Pilot is Stumped on what to do next, so, I thought I'd ask one of you seasoned Pilots if you can Help me out - any other ideas ???   I'll check back here everyday, and you can also contact me here - E-Mail : JetRanger7777@hotmail.com  
  


 
Back to top
YouTube  
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: SOS - MAYDAY PILOT in Distress - Needs Help ! !
Reply #1 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 4:11am
Print Post  
Hi JetRanger

Go to your FSX route folder i.e. C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X and find the fsx.exe file. Right click on it and select Properties from the list that comes up. Now select the Compatibility tab the in Privilege level, and checkmark (place a tick in) the box beside Run this program as an admistrator. Click on OK.

See if doing that helps. If you do have FSX in its default location, it can cause big problems for those using Vista or Window 7 because of the protection.

If you continue having problems after that, you might want to consider uninstalling FSX and reinstalling it in another location. Like C:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X or better yet, on another drive/partition D:\Microsoft Flight Simulator X (mine is on another HDD in J:\Flight Simulator X).

Hope this helps.

Mark
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
JetRanger
Full Member
*
Offline


JETRANGER

Posts: 137
Location: KMKC - Kansas City Missouri
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: SOS - MAYDAY PILOT in Distress - Needs Help ! !
Reply #2 - Oct 10th, 2011 at 6:00am
Print Post  
Thanks, Mark,,, I went into my Microsoft FSX Folder, and looked for the FSX.EXE File,,, I can't find it,,,, I can't uninstall it, I have a few Payware add on's, I'll lose everything,, like A2A Simulations Boeing 377, and Captain Sims 707,, and Fraps and I don't know about my Track IR5,,,, Would just inserting the Discs again and trying to repair it maybe work ??????   I even tried shutting down all my Firewall settings and my pop up blocker,, all I get when I hit any of the Shift and number keys is that black screen pops up real quick then disappears, like the pop up blocker or something is blocking it,,,,, I'm wondering if I have all the settings right in the keys section, I didn't see any number pads assigned to any keys specifically,,, for any GPS or Throttle quadrant or Enginers station,,  this Sucks, I been 4 hours now trying to figure this out !!!!  I'll have to try tomorrow, I'm tired ----- thanks JetRanger !
  


 
Back to top
YouTube  
IP Logged
 
JetRanger
Full Member
*
Offline


JETRANGER

Posts: 137
Location: KMKC - Kansas City Missouri
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: SOS - MAYDAY PILOT in Distress - Needs Help ! !
Reply #3 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 2:18am
Print Post  
I stiil haven't got around to re-installing the FSX Discs to see if it'll make my navigation pop up windows work yet,, hopefully I can find time this week,,, and see what happens if anything, will keep ya posted what happens !
  


 
Back to top
YouTube  
IP Logged
 
JetRanger
Full Member
*
Offline


JETRANGER

Posts: 137
Location: KMKC - Kansas City Missouri
Joined: Oct 10th, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: SOS - MAYDAY PILOT in Distress - Needs Help ! !
Reply #4 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 12:44pm
Print Post  
Everybody - I finally after almost 3 weeks finally figured out what the problem was,, it turned out to be a Windows Docking problem,, within Flight Simulator,,,, I just Right Clicked, a menu screen came up,,,, and I Undocked it,,,, and PRESTO' all my little windows for my throttle Quadrants, GPS, Compass etc,, started coming back up again,,,,, keep that in your Fix it notes !!!! I have FSX Gold edition. Windows 7,, on a new computer with 6 GB,,,, thanks everybody !!  Dave / Jetranger
  


 
Back to top
YouTube  
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: SOS - MAYDAY PILOT in Distress - Needs Help ! !
Reply #5 - Oct 20th, 2011 at 1:24pm
Print Post  
Thanks you for telling us you got it fixed. The cause was a new one for me that has been added to my list of problems dealing with FSX. Grin

I'm glad you got it fixed and I wish you happy flights for the future! Wink

Mark
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
 
  « Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top