Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Where's the ammo? (Read 7983 times)
StephenL

Where's the ammo?
Sep 9th, 2011 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
My Computer crashed again. (But this time the Motherboard didn't fry!) This time, A virus got in. We had to wipe the Hard drive, and I re-downloaded the CS weapons. When I loaded a another company A-10, the ammo showed none. help please!

i7-4790k @ 4.00GHz - H100i Water cooling (Corsair SP120Quiet fans) - MSI Gaming 5 mobo - MSI GTX 970 4GB OC - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA 850w Bronze PSU - 240GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 1TB HDD - NZXT Phantom 530 (Custom Modded) - Windows 8.1 64bit Pro

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Where's the ammo?
Reply #1 - Sep 10th, 2011 at 5:57am
Print Post  
When the ammo shows as 0000, it means there is an error in the CSWeapon.xml. When I mess around with the CSWeapon.xml and see the ammo at 0000 when I load the aircraft, I know I made a syntax error when I modified it.

If this is happening by just adding it to the aircraft (without modifying it) it probably means that the FSX\Captain_Sim\weapon\loader\cfg\unit.dat is corrupt. Use the Extended Download Service and download a new installer.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Flounder

Reply #2 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 8:29pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Sep 10th, 2011 at 5:57am:
When the ammo shows as 0000, it means there is an error in the CSWeapon.xml. When I mess around with the CSWeapon.xml and see the ammo at 0000 when I load the aircraft, I know I made a syntax error when I modified it.

If this is happening by just adding it to the aircraft (without modifying it) it probably means that the FSX\Captain_Sim\weapon\loader\cfg\unit.dat is corrupt. Use the Extended Download Service and download a new installer.

Mark

What if it keeps happening mark? I'm in a panic. If I can't fix this by tuesday, I'm out of luck. A waste of 33 freaking dollars. Nice job captainsim.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Aug 19th, 2012 at 3:05am
Print Post  
It can also be happening if you are using Vista/Windows7 and you did not install it using "Run as administrator".

In Vista/Windows7 you might need to use the "Loader" using "Run as administrator".

If using Vista/Windows7 and FSX installed in the default location (C:\Program Files or C:\Program Files (x86)) AND FSX is not being "Run as administrator".

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

ptds

Re: URGENT!!! Ammo count 0000! Please help!
Reply #4 - Aug 18th, 2012 at 11:12pm
Print Post  
Just as an experiment try downloading one of my missile packs from the free liveries section. This contains a working original .xml file with the additional weapon added. At least that will highlight if it is a problem with the install or the .xml file.

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Flounder

Reply #5 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 11:14pm
Print Post  
ptds wrote on Aug 18th, 2012 at 11:12pm:
Just as an experiment try downloading one of my missile packs from the free liveries section. This contains a working original .xml file with the additional weapon added. At least that will highlight if it is a problem with the install or the .xml file.

Pete

Okay I'll try this. Is there any IM website that I can get help from you with? Using the forums is kind of slow :/

IP Logged

Flounder

Reply #6 - Aug 21st, 2012 at 11:48pm
Print Post  
ptds wrote on Aug 18th, 2012 at 11:12pm:

Pete

Wait no. It's only working for the Draaken. :c What else can I do to get it working? I have an idea. I'll take the panel, and the working CSWeapons from my Draaken. Make a copy of it, delete the one in my F-16, make a copy of it, and paste the draaken in it. It works. Except for my panel is a black square.

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #7 - Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
I think you should only need to copy the .xml file from the working aircraft and replace the bad .xml in the F16.

The panel folder is holding the info for the HUD & the weapons panel only. If you have Armed the F16 with the loader program the panel will be re configured already and should be OK, the missing information is coming from the .xml file. By copying the Draken panel to the F16 in total will cause problems with the F16 panel in FSX! I would sugest that you undo this change and just copy over the .xml file to the F16 and that should see you working. I hope you kept a copy of the F16 Panel folder?

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #8 - Aug 23rd, 2012 at 2:55am
Print Post  
Flounder wrote on Aug 21st, 2012 at 11:48pm:
Wait no. It's only working for the Draaken. :c What else can I do to get it working? I have an idea. I'll take the panel, and the working CSWeapons from my Draaken. Make a copy of it, delete the one in my F-16, make a copy of it, and paste the draaken in it. It works. Except for my panel is a black square.

Add Weapon for FSX to the aircraft you are trying to get it to wok in (using the "Loader"), then if you still see the zero's. If you do, copy the CSWeapon.xml from the Draaken and overwrite the one already there. This should make the Weapon Control Panel appear, and not just a black square.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Flounder

Reply #9 - Aug 25th, 2012 at 3:23pm
Print Post  
ptds wrote on Aug 22nd, 2012 at 4:26pm:
I think you should only need to copy the .xml file from the working aircraft and replace the bad .xml in the F16.

The panel folder is holding the info for the HUD & the weapons panel only. If you have Armed the F16 with the loader program the panel will be re configured already and should be OK, the missing information is coming from the .xml file. By copying the Draken panel to the F16 in total will cause problems with the F16 panel in FSX! I would sugest that you undo this change and just copy over the .xml file to the F16 and that should see you working. I hope you kept a copy of the F16 Panel folder?

Pete

Now that I've got everything working, do you know where I can get a MK-82 All Purpose Unguided Bomb? Also, is there any way to make the explosions a little larger? Those rocket splashes are pathetic.

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #10 - Aug 26th, 2012 at 6:51pm
Print Post  
If you go to the free liveries section and you will find a weapons pack (the second entry I think, by Chris Sykes). If you download this I am sure it contains one. You will have to make the new entry in the .xml file and move the model folder etc. yourself, but just copy the standard layout of the existing weapons and you will be fine.

To make the effects bigger you will have to look to the effects files - I have no idea what to adjust but thats where the data is.

Pete

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Flounder

Reply #11 - Sep 2nd, 2012 at 3:54pm
Print Post  
ptds wrote on Aug 26th, 2012 at 6:51pm:
If you go to the free liveries section and you will find a weapons pack (the second entry I think, by Chris Sykes). If you download this I am sure it contains one. You will have to make the new entry in the .xml file and move the model folder etc. yourself, but just copy the standard layout of the existing weapons and you will be fine.

To make the effects bigger you will have to look to the effects files - I have no idea what to adjust but thats where the data is.

Pete

I install it, and it shows up on only one aircraft. And that aircraft SHOWS the extra bombs and rockets etc as there, there is just no splash, or no ordinance dropped.

IP Logged

ptds

Reply #12 - Sep 3rd, 2012 at 8:03pm
Print Post  
Do you have the 'Advanced Animations' checked in FSX? It should be checked. This maybee why you see no explosions.

If you can now see the weapons in the HUD and have rounds in the counter then the problem is with the .XML file.

If you copy the working aircraft CSWeapons.xml to other aircraft they will work as well I suspect.

,,,  &&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top