Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
"Wild Side".. Is it therapy? (Read 1814 times)
flawlesspaul1

"Wild Side".. Is it therapy?
Aug 18th, 2011 at 6:34pm
Print Post  
I recently downloaded (WEAPON FOR FSX) and really hav'nt been able to determine if I made a good choice.. Of course my expectations were quite elevated by the video sales pitch on (C S ) websight.
In my opinion, anyone who would dare step up to the challenge of developing this kind of software for (FSX) add-on deserves my attention and praise..
I certainly hope that since I paid for the very raw and not quite finished software that I will be awarded upgrades and extra perks if this ADD-ON really takes off.
I honestly can not say that I'm impressed with this software but the mere anticipation of what the possibilities of a full grown version of what (WFSX) can become, 'kinda' keeps my hands on the yoke here.
To me this ADD-ON is a refreshing break from the disciplines of everyday commercial and passenger type "Sim-Flying"..
The "Bonus" here is you get the same "Flight-Sim" ability and graphics with an almost "feel-there" emotion..
The one thing that I would like to see is the actual impact, explosion, fire, physical damage and the dust.
I would like to see the actual weapons mounted on the aircraft as well.
Hopefully the aforementioned "visuals" will be on a future update or patch..
One other thing I should mentioned is that when I fire a missle my entire screen freezes for several seconds and then continues.. I can not see the missle fired from my aircraft at all but I can hear it.
I am a very organic flyer.. I know how to do it more than I can explain.
I've been waiting for something like this every since I started "Simming" 5 years ago..
I sometimes want to  blow up buildings or shoot at the landscape or get in to a dog fight in the air with another "Sim-Pilot"..
But what is really gonna make this (ADD-ON) fly is the GRAPHICS..
There should be no deletion in anyone's frame-rate.
I think the developers are on to something.. I am going to stand by my purchase and hope they make this ADD-ON (Weapon for FSX)  the greatest we have seen in a long time.
On a scale of 10 "WINGS"
I give this software 7 "WINGS".

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: "Wild Side".. Is it therapy?
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2011 at 7:59pm
Print Post  
I certainly hope that since I paid for the very raw and not quite finished software that I will be awarded upgrades and extra perks if this ADD-ON really takes off.
With every update or SP that Weapon for FSX gets, you will be entitled to it. That should make you happy on that score.

The one thing that I would like to see is the actual impact, explosion, fire, physical damage and the dust
Make sure that you have advanced animations checked (ticked) in Options > Settings > Display > Global options > Advanced animations.
I see all of those except physical damage. You can't see physical damage UNLESS it is modeled in the aircraft MDL file. Only the developer can do that, not Captain Sim.

I would like to see the actual weapons mounted on the aircraft as well.
As far as I know, only the developer can do that too.

One other thing I should mentioned is that when I fire a missle my entire screen freezes for several seconds and then continues.. I can not see the missle fired from my aircraft at all but I can hear it.
I don't have this happen to me unless there are a lot of AI aircraft around. I get to see lots of missiles fire from my aircraft that I have "loaded" Weapon for FSX on to. They are not mounted on the aircraft, of course, but as soon as I press the fire button, I see the missile(s). This is an awesome spectacle with the Hydra 70 rockets!

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

flawlesspaul1

Re: "Wild Side".. Is it therapy?
Reply #2 - Aug 19th, 2011 at 4:50pm
Print Post  
Okay.. I tried the adjustment in the options window, and to no avail.
I see a streak of light shooting outward and I hear the weapon sound.. That's it.
Will it take more than 3 G's of ram to get that visual? Or perhaps a very high-end graphics card?
I'm going to continue to tweak here and there until I run out of options.
Never-the-less, I'm very excited about this add-on..

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top