Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
I'm in trouble (Read 4657 times)
Berlopez

Denmark<br />

I'm in trouble
Aug 18th, 2011 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
After attempting toinstall FSForce DEMO version in my FSX \Gold install I made a mistake and deleted it.th deletion took with it my FSX.exe and I can't start FSX. Because of all this I have decided to reinstall the whole thing.Now after checking if I have everything nessesary for the new installation,I went checking for my addons,to see if I had ecerything in order to uninstall/reinstall.

Now I see the uninstaller of my 727 is missing as well.I'm afraid of how to proceed/delete in case it doesn't work any more when I reinstall...Can anyone advice in detail please; I'm desperate. Undecided

<div class=
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: I'm in trouble
Reply #1 - Aug 18th, 2011 at 4:38pm
Print Post  
Hi Bernardo.

Insert FSX Disc 1 and when it gives you the option, run "Repair". You will then need to Do a repair of Acceleration when the FSX is finished. Once you have finished those two "repairs", run the 727 installer and select "Repair" from the options once it asks. That should get it all back. Read the next part before trying this!

If you originally installed it in its default location and then MOVED IT, this could be a problem because it will just do a complete reinstall in the default location again. If this is the case, use one of these FSX registry repair tools: Flight1 - FS_Registry_Repair.exe OR Captain Sim - fsx_path_fix. It will help point FSX to the correct location of where FSX is installed and not where it was originally installed. This should be done before running the FSX, Acceleration and CS 727 repairs.

To find out where your FSX is installed on your computer, open the Run command (Windows Key + R) and type regedit. Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0 for Windows 32bit or HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0 for Windows 64bit. Look at the line that says SetupPath for where your FSX is thought to be installed. See attached image.

Hope this helps.

Mark

FSX_registry_location.jpg (Attachment deleted)

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #2 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 9:05am
Print Post  
Wink Hi Mark, Thanks for your advice. I managed to delete everything related to the software, Mind I'm not blamming the author, It was entirely my fault! Now I reinstalled FSX\Gold\Accel. and Well I have run into some little issue installing  some of my old addons but it's working.

Bernardo

<div class=
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 10:59am
Print Post  
Hi Bernardo.

Just a simple question. Have you ever installed (not repaired) FSX Gold into the directory it is in now? I remember a long time ago that you moved it from its default location (C:\Program Files....etc..) to C:\FSX (or something to that effect). But actually uninstalled it and CHOSEN to install it in C:\FSX? If you have never done it that way, it would explain why you keep getting these strange errors coming up. So...If you were to install FSX Gold (not repair) directly into C:\FSX, I'm sure most things (I'm not game to say all) would work as they should. I know it is a difficult thing to do, but it would be worth doing it.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #4 - Sep 6th, 2011 at 12:16pm
Print Post  
Hi Bernardo.

I felt I needed to add some more info to my previous reply.

First registry location: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0 -

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0]
"FIRSTRUN"=dword:00000001
"AppPath"="F:\\Flight Simulator X\\"
"MicrosoftAppDataComponent"=dword:00000001
"FsxCfgExtraCache"=dword:00000001
"FsxStandardXmlExtraCache"=dword:00000001
@="F:\\Flight Simulator X"
"SetupPath"="F:\\Flight Simulator X"

[HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0\Launch]
"F:\\Flight Simulator X\\Modules\\LVLD.dll.number removed to prevent piracy"=dword:00000001

Second registry location:HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0 -

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\microsoft games\flight simulator\10.0]
"LangID"=dword:00000409
"CDPath"="G:\\"
"SetupPath"="F:\\Flight Simulator X\\"
"PID"="number removed to prevent piracy"
"CurrentXPackProductCode"="{number removed to prevent piracy}"

FSX Path Fix. Now. If you used the fsx_path_fix.bat (MSDOS batch file) that is available from Captain Sim Support. This is what it has inside it:

@echo off
if exist "%CD%"\fsx.exe (
REG ADD "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Microsoft Games\Flight Simulator\10.0" /v SetupPath /t REG_SZ /d "%CD%"\ /f
) ELSE (
echo Please make sure you run this file from your FSX root folder.
echo Currently the file is located in wrong folder: "%CD%"
)
@pause

The bold text part fixes (by finding fsx.exe, it verifies the location and then adds that same location to the registry) in only one part of the second registry location, HKLM (HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE) above. It does not alter the first one. From what I can figure, some add-ons read more than just the SetupPath and so there is a conflict of locations. One is saying C:\FSX the other is saying C:\Program Files...etc. See what I mean? The free FSX registry tool from Flight 1 does the same thing. If I modify them all (after backing up of course) and then use either tool, they don't all get fixed. If you do a completely NEW installation of FSX Gold and select C:\FSX as the location to install it, they will all match up, leading to there being less likelihood that you will get errors.

The Windows registry is very complex, and although both the path fixes can be of great help, they are not perfect. There are a lot of other little bits of information throughout the registry that FSX adds to it during the installation. Most are minor, they don't care WHERE FSX is installed, they just need to know that it IS installed. Others have to know that FSX IS installed and WHERE it is installed.

Don't worry too much if you find this confusing. It is a LOT of information to try to understand fully. I am doing this is to try to show you the importance of selecting the location to install FSX Gold at the beginning. So you don't go: "OH sh*t! I forgot to select the location at the beginning. I'll just move it and use the registry fix and it will be fine." As you can see, it might NOT be fine at all.

Mark

For Captain Sim. I hope you don't mind my divulging the information inside the fsx_path_fix.bat file.

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #5 - Sep 20th, 2011 at 5:13pm
Print Post  
OK Mark Thanks all is fine now....Except my CS727_100 cockpit sounds issue, I ahve studied the fixes I didn't have the sound.ini fix I have done that...Then I realized I din't/don't have the msvcb71.dll present anywhere in my computeror a X86 folder or X32???, so maybe that's why? I dare ask...Where do I get it and where do I put,please and thanks in advance Smiley

GOT IT FIXED! Grin wAS MISSING THE msvcr71.dll..Downloaded it and installed and run the vcredist_86...That did the trick Smiley

<div class=
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #6 - Sep 21st, 2011 at 1:49am
Print Post  
Hi Bernardo.

Glad to hear that it's all sorted out now.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #7 - Sep 21st, 2011 at 7:16am
Print Post  
I still can't believe that by me starting at the wrong location with FsForces' Demo-version could have had such drastic effects in my FSX installation; It moved all kinds of files and folder out of FSX? Luckily I have back-up in temp folders.Now that all is working ok, BTW Mark My FSX \Gold is installed straight into my C:\ I created a folder there.
I'm as in begging having problems with pushback, I only pushes back on straight lines...No turns? I might have to reinstall R Barengrents GH gauge.

<div class=
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top