Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
 10 Super 80? (Read 3652 times)
NNewcomb
Senior Member
*
Offline


757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Posts: 604
Location: United States
Joined: Jun 29th, 2010
Gender: Male
Super 80?
Aug 9th, 2011 at 2:12am
Print Post  
Would you (Captain Sim) ever consider producing an MD-80 add-on in the future? What does everyone else think about this idea? Personally I think that It would be a great addition to the the short to medium range aircraft the Captain Sim has released/is working on (727/737)
  

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
701151
Senior Member
*
Offline


Delta 737-200

Posts: 1009
Location: UNITED STATES
Joined: Jan 29th, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: Super 80?
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:58am
Print Post  
I'd rather a DC-8
  

Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Super 80?
Reply #2 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:24am
Print Post  
There are payware add-ons already available. Another developer has the MD-81/82 and MD-87, which is very good.
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
boeing247
Senior Member
*
Offline


Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Posts: 1506
Location: Southern CA
Joined: Feb 23rd, 2011
Gender: Male
Re: Super 80?
Reply #3 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:25am
Print Post  
An MD-88 would be better than a MD-80 (for the cockpit). As much as I like CS's vintage aircraft, I enjoy flying more modern aircraft more.

I own the MD-81/82 that Mark is talking about, and it's good, but it's systems are just not as complex and detailed as CS aircraft.
  

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
Back to top
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged
 
NNewcomb
Senior Member
*
Offline


757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Posts: 604
Location: United States
Joined: Jun 29th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: Super 80?
Reply #4 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:42am
Print Post  
boeing247 wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:25am:
An MD-88 would be better than a MD-80 (for the cockpit). As much as I like CS's vintage aircraft, I enjoy flying more modern aircraft more.

I own the MD-81/82 that Mark is talking about, and it's good, but it's systems are just not as complex and detailed as CS aircraft.


I also own the MD-81/82 and it is a very nice aircraft but I would like more complexity like CS has. Plus more animations.

Also the MD-80 that I was talking about in the first post would not be a classic but a modern model with the updated EFIS cockpit and maybe even the modern PFD/MFD and 1 FMC and classic engine instruments like American Airlines has on their MD-80 series aircraft.
  

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Super 80?
Reply #5 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:55am
Print Post  
I prefer the MD-87 expansion. I think it looks nicer than the MD-81/82. Just my preference. Wink
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
NNewcomb
Senior Member
*
Offline


757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Posts: 604
Location: United States
Joined: Jun 29th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: Super 80?
Reply #6 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:12am
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 4:55am:
I prefer the MD-87 expansion. I think it looks nicer than the MD-81/82. Just my preference. Wink


It looks very similar to Qantas's 717s  Wink (If you have a Qantas livery of course)
  

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Super 80?
Reply #7 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:45am
Print Post  
It looks very similar to Qantas's 717s Wink (If you have a Qantas livery of course)
I haven't found one yet Sad

Maybe when Nathan gets better I can get him to do one for me. Wink

Mark
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
NNewcomb
Senior Member
*
Offline


757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Posts: 604
Location: United States
Joined: Jun 29th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: Super 80?
Reply #8 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:28pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 5:45am:
It looks very similar to Qantas's 717s Wink (If you have a Qantas livery of course)
I haven't found one yet Sad

Maybe when Nathan gets better I can get him to do one for me. Wink

Mark


Maybe  Wink Because the MD-87 is almost the same as the 717 minus the engines, cockpit, and some model differences.
  

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Super 80?
Reply #9 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 7:02pm
Print Post  
NNewcomb wrote on Aug 9th, 2011 at 3:28pm:
minus the engines, cockpit, and some model differences.

You make it sound quite a bit different there. I know that the Boeing 717 was originally designed and marketed as the MD-95, before Boeing bought them out, so I guess there must be quite a few similarities with the MD-80 series.
But this Topic is about the MD-80, not the B717. Wink

Mark
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
NNewcomb
Senior Member
*
Offline


757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Posts: 604
Location: United States
Joined: Jun 29th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: Super 80?
Reply #10 - Aug 9th, 2011 at 7:19pm
Print Post  
Yeah It does sound different haha. Basically the main differences are the engines are RR BR715s instead of the the P&W JT8Ds. Also the cockpit instruments and systems are the same as the MD-11s. The model differences are that the 717 has the DC-9 shaped wings (pretty much the same thing with a few minor differences  on the trailing-edge) And the MD-87 has the MD-80 shaped wings. Another difference is the MD-87 is 130' 5" and the 717 is 124' 0". The bottom line is that they're very similar but the 717 is more advanced.
  

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
 
  « Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top