Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Re: Hi. I'm new! Sound. Speed Brakes.... (Read 3485 times)
Markoz
CS Team

Re: Hi. I'm new! Sound. Speed Brakes....
Aug 12th, 2011 at 3:10pm
Print Post  
Hi vans.

Welcome to the Captain Sim forum.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I had hoped that LOU would jump in and respond to it.

Can't use speedbrake in VC. No ability to 'grab' it with mouse. Should I be able too?
Simply put. No. I wish we could. It could be worth adding it to the wishlist in the 727 Captain - It'd be nice if... forum.

Keep having to reload the plane for certain sounds  and altered the sound ini (I understand it's a known problem - it's inexcusable from a software publisher as this isn't freeware nor am I beta testing - reloading a plane for sound - embarrassing).
As far as I know, it has only ever been a problem with the current version (2.4). I'm sure it will be fixed in 2.5. I do not remember having this problem in my 2.2 and 2.3 versions.

Is the ADF tuner really 'that' sensitive? I note there's a forum member who flew 727's and I've many of his postings including under ADF. The slightest/smallest of clicks?
There a three members who frequent this Forum who are former real world 727 pilots. LOU is the one who is more often answering questions in here. Though I am not a RW 727 Pilot, I look at the ADF frequency change speed in this way: If I need to go from one end of the scale to the other and the change is slow, it will take forever to get there. Once I get close to the frequency I need it set to, I tap the mouse button on the knob, so that it doesn't speed past where I want it.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Reply #1 - Aug 13th, 2011 at 7:09pm
Print Post  
vans said: If you or anybody is interested - although I'm sure you and many already know - if I load the 727 three times I get working pressurisation. I can set the desired cabin pressure and even alter the rate using the manual/auto dial. I'm still unsure exactly how to use it - but at least it stays at the desired pressure - but only if I load three times. Equally - loading a different livery during flight will trigger it.

I wish it were true, but the pressurization panel does not work correctly. Sure dials move, but the indications are incorrect.  Undecided

Lou

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #2 - Aug 14th, 2011 at 12:26am
Print Post  
I think it never worked.
Regarding some more manuals, search avsimrus.com if you like, they had some more 727 docs if the CS manuals didn't help you so far.

Currently, your cabin alt will rise with the aircraft's alt and doesn't stop at e.g. 6000ft. The needles move in manual mode, but you can't bring the cabin down. Lets hope for 2.5 to arrive then.  Smiley

IP Logged

ottoramsaig

An earth bound misfit
I........

Reply #3 - Sep 12th, 2011 at 5:03pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 3:10pm:
Hi vans.

Sorry for the delay in responding. I had hoped that LOU would jump in and respond to it.

Can't use speedbrake in VC. No ability to 'grab' it with mouse. Should I be able too?
Simply put. No. I wish we could. It could be worth adding it to the wishlist in the 727 Captain - It'd be nice if... forum.

Keep having to reload the plane for certain sounds  and altered the sound ini (I understand it's a known problem - it's inexcusable from a software publisher as this isn't freeware nor am I beta testing - reloading a plane for sound - embarrassing).
As far as I know, it has only ever been a problem with the current version (2.4). I'm sure it will be fixed in 2.5. I do not remember having this problem in my 2.2 and 2.3 versions.

Is the ADF tuner really 'that' sensitive? I note there's a forum member who flew 727's and I've many of his postings including under ADF. The slightest/smallest of clicks?
There a three members who frequent this Forum who are former real world 727 pilots. LOU is the one who is more often answering questions in here. Though I am not a RW 727 Pilot, I look at the ADF frequency change speed in this way: If I need to go from one end of the scale to the other and the change is slow, it will take forever to get there. Once I get close to the frequency I need it set to, I tap the mouse button on the knob, so that it doesn't speed past where I want it.

Mark

Hey Mark, I had to re-install 727 but still no sounds. When you say re-load the aircraft do you mean from the drop down box present while operating the 727? I have tried it a few times with no luck.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #4 - Sep 13th, 2011 at 3:57pm
Print Post  
ottoramsaig wrote on Sep 12th, 2011 at 5:03pm:
Markoz wrote on Aug 12th, 2011 at 3:10pm:
Hi vans.

Mark

Hey Mark, I had to re-install 727 but still no sounds. When you say re-load the aircraft do you mean from the drop down box present while operating the 727? I have tried it a few times with no luck.

To reload the 727:

ALT (open Menu) - A (Aircraft) - A (select Aircraft) - ENTER (the 727 that you have chosen will be highlighted and reloads when you press ENTER).

I have created a keyboard shortcut for reloading the aircraft (CTRL+R) in Options > Settings > Controls > BUTTONS/KEYS.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

b1m2d3

Reply #5 - Oct 21st, 2011 at 10:28pm
Print Post  
Hey Vans,

For what its worth, I have the speedbreak function mapped to one of my throttle switches, (x-65, so lots to play with). I know not everyone has all the bells and whistles.

Admittedly, with some of these bugs CS puts out, I have a soft spot for their products. I also own the B-52 and their 757 and I love em both. Just recently purchased the 721 and I like it as well, although very dissapointed about the sound issue.

Looking forward to their 731 and 777. I just can't fathom purchasing them NOW without so much as a VC yet..  Roll Eyes

&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top