Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Data Execution Prevention with FS9? (Read 3754 times)
AABoeing
Full Member
*
Offline



Posts: 219
Location: Texas
Joined: Oct 9th, 2009
Gender: Male
Data Execution Prevention with FS9?
Jul 26th, 2011 at 3:49pm
Print Post  
Ok now after that problem, I am hit up with another one, Data Execution Prevention is closing FS9. It is a real pain as it closes it right after I start it. I know CS doesn't really support fs9 stuff or if it is their products, just thought I should put this in here so I might get some help. I'm in Vista btw, that might help a bit.
  

Alex
CFI/CFII
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Edwin
Full Member
*
Offline



Posts: 225
Location: Netherlands
Joined: Jul 27th, 2010
Re: Data Execution Prevention with FS9?
Reply #1 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 5:04pm
Print Post  
google is your friend Smiley

i found this that might help you out:

http://ask-leo.com/how_do_i_turn_off_data_execution_prevention_errors.html

other than that i strongly recommend upgrading to win7 at least, or go back to winxp if possible.
  

Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
AABoeing
Full Member
*
Offline



Posts: 219
Location: Texas
Joined: Oct 9th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Data Execution Prevention with FS9?
Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 11:18pm
Print Post  
I don't have the money to go to Windows 7, how do I go back to XP?
  

Alex
CFI/CFII
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
DAL191
Senior Member
*
Offline



Posts: 388
Location: Tampa FL USA
Joined: Nov 26th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Data Execution Prevention with FS9?
Reply #3 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 4:03am
Print Post  
AABoeing wrote on Jul 26th, 2011 at 11:18pm:
I don't have the money to go to Windows 7, how do I go back to XP?


Try this link http://www.pcworld.com/article/129977/how_to_reinstall_windows_xp.html and see if it is of any help.

Michael Cubine
  

Cooler Master HAF 932 Case, Corsair 1200W PS, Corsair H50 Liquid Cooler,I7-2700K 4.6GHz, ASRock Z68 ProfessionalGen3 MB, 8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1866 MHz 2-300GB VelociRaptor 10000RPM SATA 16MB Cache, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780ti, 3072MB, GDDR5, PCIe, ASUS 27" LED Monitor, Windows7 64bit, FSX Gold
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
AABoeing
Full Member
*
Offline



Posts: 219
Location: Texas
Joined: Oct 9th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Data Execution Prevention with FS9?
Reply #4 - Jul 27th, 2011 at 11:41pm
Print Post  
Would I be able to do this if I had Vista on my computer when I bought it? And, would restoring my pc to factory settings help? That is the very last resort.
  

Alex
CFI/CFII
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
DAL191
Senior Member
*
Offline



Posts: 388
Location: Tampa FL USA
Joined: Nov 26th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Data Execution Prevention with FS9?
Reply #5 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 4:35am
Print Post  
aaboeing

Someone other than me would need to anwser those questions. I have no idea.

Michael Cubine
  

Cooler Master HAF 932 Case, Corsair 1200W PS, Corsair H50 Liquid Cooler,I7-2700K 4.6GHz, ASRock Z68 ProfessionalGen3 MB, 8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1866 MHz 2-300GB VelociRaptor 10000RPM SATA 16MB Cache, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780ti, 3072MB, GDDR5, PCIe, ASUS 27" LED Monitor, Windows7 64bit, FSX Gold
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Data Execution Prevention with FS9?
Reply #6 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 7:32am
Print Post  
AABoeing wrote on Jul 27th, 2011 at 11:41pm:
Would I be able to do this if I had Vista on my computer when I bought it? And, would restoring my pc to factory settings help? That is the very last resort.

It's difficult to say. If you bought an OEM computer (Acer, HP, Dell, IBM etc.) they come with an OEM Operating System that can only be activated on the computer you bought from them. To change it to Win XP, you would need to ask the manufacturer if they can change it to XP. I don't like your chances of that though. Microsoft no longer support Win XP (so they say).
If you bought the system from someone who builds and sells them, then the chances are that you still an OEM version of the Operating System on it. Some come with pirated version of an Operating System, but that isn't all that common, I hope (wishful thinking on my part?).

If you search places like eBay, you might be able to get your hands on a cheap legal version of Win XP.

If you got a disk with the computer you bought, which is highly unlikely these days, you can reinstall from it. Otherwise you might need to do a "Restore" (from a hidden partition on the HDD) which will most likely wipe everything on your computer and return it to the way it was when you got it. Back everything up before you try that! Undecided

Mark

BTW. Data Execution prevention is usually turned on and off in the BIOS.
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
DAL191
Senior Member
*
Offline



Posts: 388
Location: Tampa FL USA
Joined: Nov 26th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: Data Execution Prevention with FS9?
Reply #7 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 3:04pm
Print Post  
aaboeing

FYI about three years ago I had Dell 1720 with a Vista OS on it. I had had the laptop for about 2 months when in conjunction with Dell Support it was determined that that the OS, applications such as Office, Norton Internet Security, Roxio DVD burner and so on needed to be restored from the DVDs' and CDs' that came with the PC. For some reason the image restore point that was needed was no longer on the PC's HD. For some reason Vista would not restore from the DVD. I can't remember why. You have to remember this was three years ago. Anyway, after two weeks of trying to install Vista, Dell support just gave up and shipped a new laptop with the OS and applications that were on the original computer. Good luck.

Michael Cubine
  

Cooler Master HAF 932 Case, Corsair 1200W PS, Corsair H50 Liquid Cooler,I7-2700K 4.6GHz, ASRock Z68 ProfessionalGen3 MB, 8GB G.Skill RipJaws DDR3 1866 MHz 2-300GB VelociRaptor 10000RPM SATA 16MB Cache, NVIDIA GeForce GTX 780ti, 3072MB, GDDR5, PCIe, ASUS 27" LED Monitor, Windows7 64bit, FSX Gold
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
 
  « Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top