Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

 

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
VCs transfers (Read 3641 times)
NNewcomb
Senior Member
*
Offline


757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Posts: 604
Location: United States
Joined: Jun 29th, 2010
Gender: Male
VCs transfers
Jul 25th, 2011 at 4:18am
Print Post  
Does anyone know how to put the VC from a default aircraft (737) into a freeware aircraft?
  

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: VCs transfers
Reply #1 - Jul 25th, 2011 at 5:14am
Print Post  
Yes. I did it for the 777.

I'll need more details before I can tell you what you need to know.

Important things to know:

(1)
[Window00]
file_1024=..\..\B737_800\panel\737-800_panel_background.bmp
file_1024_night=..\..\B737_800\panel\737-800_panel_background_night.bmp
size_mm=1024
position=7
visible=1
ident=MAIN_PANEL

gauge00=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!pfd_screen,                    189,548
gauge01=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!pfd,                           210,567,179,179
gauge02=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!mfd_screen,                    409,548
gauge03=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!mfd,                                      430,567,179,179
gauge04=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!eicas_screen,                  740,548
gauge05=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!eicas,                         760,565,179,179
gauge06=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!compass,                          839, 39
gauge07=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!autopilot,                      561,330
gauge08=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!knob_1,                        329,501
gauge09=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!knob_2,                        390,501
gauge10=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!knob_3,                        830,480
gauge11=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!clock,                          77,570
gauge12=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!attitude_backup,                630,444
gauge13=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!adf_vor_backup,                      630,662
gauge14=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!alti_and_asi_backup,                631,555
gauge15=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!gear_lever,                          959,524
gauge16=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!annunciator_below_glideslope,  214,517
gauge17=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!annunciator_le_flaps,          854,516
gauge18=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!annunciator_speed_brake_armed, 516,516
gauge19=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!annunciator_auto_brake_disarm, 823,441
gauge20=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!annunciator_anti_skid_inop,    812,517
gauge21=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!efis_control_panel,                416,344
gauge22=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!flap_indicator,                  892,452
gauge23=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!annunciator_panel_1,                    267,361
gauge24=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!annunciator_panel_gear,            958,454
gauge25=..\..\B737_800\panel\B737_800!Knob_N1_Set,                   755,454

Notice that the images (BMPs) are preceded by ..\..\B737_800\panel\. That is so that it reads the gauges from the default 737. But there is a catch. NOT all the gauges for the 737 are in the B737_800\panel folder, they are in the FSX\Gauges folder so they won't need to be preceded by ..\..\B737_800\panel\:

[Window02]
size_mm=159,441
position=8
visible=0
BACKGROUND_COLOR=16,16,16
ident=RADIO_STACK_PANEL

gauge00=737-400!Comm 1,            0,   0,159, 68
gauge01=737-400!Comm 2,            0,  68,159, 68
gauge02=737-400!Nav 1,                  0, 135,159, 68
gauge03=737-400!Nav 2,                  0, 203,159, 68
gauge04=737-400!Transponder,      0, 271,159, 68
gauge05=737-400!ADF,                  0, 340,159, 68
gauge06=737-400!Audio,                  0, 409,159, 32

Notice that these ones are NOT preceded with ..\..\B737_800\panel\. The 737-400.cab is in the Gauges folder, while the B737_800.cab file IS located in the B737_800\panel. This also applies to the gauges in the [VCockpit0X] sections as well.

(2) So that the VC does not appear jet black, you need to add this line into the texture folder for each variant:

fallback.5=..\..\B737_800\texture

The number (5) MUST be the next consecutive number! So if the one above it is number 3, that line would then become fallback.4=..\..\B737_800\texture.

(3) You need to add this line in the model.cfg in the model folder: interior=..\..\B737_800\model\B737_800_interior

That's the best I can do for now, without more information.

Mark
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
NNewcomb
Senior Member
*
Offline


757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Posts: 604
Location: United States
Joined: Jun 29th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: VCs transfers
Reply #2 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 3:44am
Print Post  
Okay, thanks Mark. What kind of details do you need?
  

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: VCs transfers
Reply #3 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 9:23am
Print Post  
NNewcomb wrote on Jul 26th, 2011 at 3:44am:
Okay, thanks Mark. What kind of details do you need?

The name of the freeware aircraft and where I can get it from. That way I can see if there is anything else that needs to be taken into account. I doubt that you will need to do more than I already showed you, but I can't be sure without looking at it myself.

Mark
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
NNewcomb
Senior Member
*
Offline


757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Posts: 604
Location: United States
Joined: Jun 29th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: VCs transfers
Reply #4 - Jul 26th, 2011 at 2:49pm
Print Post  
Okay, It is the Project Open Sky (Now Free Sky Project) B737-900 in Boeing Original House colors. It is available on this page.
  

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Markoz
CS Team
*
Offline



Posts: 12453
Location: Victoria, Australia
Joined: Apr 24th, 2009
Gender: Male
Re: VCs transfers
Reply #5 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 4:20am
Print Post  
Ok. I downloaded it and ran into all kinds of problems.

1. Every time I alias to the default B737_800 VC, I lose the exterior model and the VC isn't there either. It turns out that the MDL (model) file is for FS9 and not for FSX which explains this. In FS9, the exterior and interior are included in the MDL file. There is an updated MDL for FSX, but I still can't get the default B737_800 VC to display. I think that although the MDL file is updated, they have still used MakeMDL.exe to create it. MakeMDL can only create a single MDL file that has the Exterior and Interior (VC) in the same file. If they were to use XtoMdl, from the FSX SDK, they could create the Exterior without the VC and the capability to ALIAS to the B737_800 VC would be there.
2. I can use the B737_800 2D panels, but without a VC, no 3D panels.

In the end, I downloaded a few different 737-900's but the results were the same. I had this exact same problem with their 777 models when trying to see if I could use their 777 VC's for the CS777. For some reason, they don't want to use XtoMdl.exe to create their aircraft. I wouldn't bother with them myself. Unless they start using XtoMdl.exe for creating FSX models. No VC means I would rather not have it nor would I fly it.

Out of all the information I gave you in my first reply, the only thing you need to use is panel.cfg info. But there is a much better way:

1. Back up the panel.cfg that you get with the plane. Make a copy of it and call it panel.bak (or something like that).
2. Open the original and delet EVERYTHING inside it.
3. Add the following:
[fltsim]
alias=\B737_800\panel

4. Save the file.

You will now have the POSky 737-900 with the default B737_800 2D panels.

Hope this helps.

Mark
  

Mark Fletcher



PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD + 2TB SSD + 2TB HDD | Win 11 Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
NNewcomb
Senior Member
*
Offline


757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Posts: 604
Location: United States
Joined: Jun 29th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: VCs transfers
Reply #6 - Jul 28th, 2011 at 5:15am
Print Post  
Okay, Thanks for your help, Mark. No big deal that it won't work that was an aircraft that I installed a while ago and I was curious to see if I could get the VC in there. Thanks anyways!
  

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
StephenL
Senior Member
*
Offline



Posts: 260
Location: D.C.
Joined: Dec 26th, 2010
Gender: Male
Re: VCs transfers
Reply #7 - Aug 3rd, 2011 at 6:19pm
Print Post  
Could you transfer the 737-800 cockpit to the Project opensky 737-700 v2 from Simviation?
  

i7-4790k @ 4.00GHz - H100i Water cooling (Corsair SP120Quiet fans) - MSI Gaming 5 mobo - MSI GTX 970 4GB OC - 8GB DDR3 1600MHz - EVGA 850w Bronze PSU - 240GB SSD - 500GB HDD - 1TB HDD - NZXT Phantom 530 (Custom Modded) - Windows 8.1 64bit Pro
Back to top
 
IP Logged
 
Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint
 
  « Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top