Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Where to fly? (Read 3797 times)
keithb77

Where to fly?
Jul 10th, 2011 at 7:33pm
Print Post  
Currently working through the C130 Ops missions using default scenery, and exploring FTX Tasmania and Pacific North West Demos.
Any really good scenery for the C130?
I've found a vietnam scenery, which might be very good, but I'm still trying to understand the installation....
http://forum.avsim.net/topic/281879-fsx-vietnam-war-project-released-freeware/
Cheers
Keith

IP Logged

LloydC130

Re: Where to fly?
Reply #1 - Aug 1st, 2011 at 4:26pm
Print Post  
Vietnam war project is great, not perfect, but pretty good. I love taxiing in an "A" while following a C123 and passing F100's and OV10's and KC135's. The only draw back with this is some of the paint jobs on the static aircraft are in correct for the time period i.e gray B52's and KC135's and wrong green colors on F4's.

Flying out of Elmendorf to Fairbanks in Alaska is nice

IP Logged

Sactargets

Reply #2 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 5:19am
Print Post  
I have loaded and fly in the Vietnam scenery with AI also running. I flew EC-47s out of Phu Cat. It is a very well done airfield. Only missing revetments in which the EC-47s parked and the crew trailers which were on the other side of the base. There was also a Korean Camp on the same side as the crew trailers. I like the AI, the only flaw there is you see B-52s at several locations. Buffs would only be incountry in the event of an emergency landing. There was one of those at Danang IIRC and the bird ran off the end of the runway. The airfields and special forces, helicopter pads etc are great. Even has Anderson AFB, Guam; Utapao, Thailand; Clark AFB, P.I.; and a long list of others. There is a list in the download. Khe Sahn is there complete with some smoking fires, Ben Het also has damages, Pleiku has some crashed airplanes.
I wish there were a B-52D but the G will do for fun. I also flew two Arclight tours.  The C-130 is also good to fly into some bases and camps.  I really like the scenery and the AI packages and I recommend it highly Cool

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 5:33am
Print Post  
I recently install the Vietnam scenery on my computer to show someone (from the CS Forums) how to get the scenery added into FSX. I still have it installed, but have not yet tried any of it out. Might go and take a look at it. Captain Sim should update their Legendary MIG 21 to go with this scenery.

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Don-P1126

Reply #4 - Feb 22nd, 2012 at 3:59pm
Print Post  
You can start looking at virtual organizations online as some things for C-130's. 
vUSAF.org is one place where C-130's are used in an online format as well as other airframes.
catfishair.com is another
There was some people creating C-130 missions but after 4 of them were created they fell off the earth.  Website was gone and I haven't seen anything else from them.

IP Logged

wahnsim

Reply #5 - Feb 26th, 2012 at 8:35pm
Print Post  
I have the vietnam project install and I don't want to miss it. Also, with the Extra Pack, I fly the Royal Australian Airforce version in OrbX/FTX New Zealand South Island scenery - very lovely.

Having  a squad online is not the worst idea. Maybe I should connect my new PC to the Internet soon ...

cheers
wahnsim

&&currently on DELL 6510 i7 M640 4G RAM, Windows 7 64bit&&soon: MSI Z68 with SSD, i7 2600K, 8 G RAM, likely som

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top