Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
TCE in FSX (Read 6029 times)
MR

TCE in FSX
Jul 7th, 2011 at 12:01am
Print Post  
I need help
I installed CS F-104 in to FSX and everything works fine except I can’t or don’t know how to change to a different aircraft.  Did some search on the web? And people are talking about TCE so I founded the TCE file but the file does not open. Get a message that said can’t find Microsoft Flight Simulator X.
Sistem: Windows7 64 bit

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Re: TCE in FSX
Reply #1 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 12:30am
Print Post  
What do you mean you can't change to a different aircraft? (When? With all aircraft? Just from the F-104? You can't find the button's location? The selection screen isn't appearing?)

I don't know much about the TCE (though I would assume it's pretty much the same as the ACEs), but the fact that it's a program designed to work with FS9 (along with the F-104) is almost certainly the cause.

As a tip, it's generally not a good idea to buy FS9 payware for FSX. You may have had some success in the past with installing FS9 freeware, but payware aircraft are much more complex and it's more than likely that something won't work.

-boeing247   Smiley

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 3:50am
Print Post  
TCE will probably be look for you FS9 installation. And a big problem with CE will be the location of the aircraft in FSX.

FS9\Aircraft versus FSX\Simobjects\Airplanes. You can install the F-104 in the folder FSX\AIRCRAFT if you like but you must edit the FSX.CFG (C:\User\username\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\fsx.cfg) BACK IT UP BEFORE YOU MODIFY IT!!!

ADD this line: SimObjectPaths.6=Aircraft, like this:

[Main]
HideMenuFullscreen=1
HideMenuNormal=0
Location=440,130,1480,908,\\.\DISPLAY1
Maximized=2
SimObjectPaths.0=SimObjects\Airplanes
SimObjectPaths.1=SimObjects\Rotorcraft
SimObjectPaths.2=SimObjects\GroundVehicles
SimObjectPaths.3=SimObjects\Boats
SimObjectPaths.4=SimObjects\Animals
SimObjectPaths.5=SimObjects\Misc
SimObjectPaths.6=Aircraft
User Objects=Airplane, Helicopter
ProcSpeed=6735
PerfBucket=7

The good thing about adding that line, is that if you install an FS9 aircraft into FSX, you don't have to move it from the newly created FSX\Aircraft folder to the FSX\SimObjects\Airplanes folder. I made this change in fsx.cfg back in the early days of FSX because most of my add-on aircraft were for FS9 and it was a real PITA to move them all to the default Airplanes folder every time I installed another one!

If the TCE has a similar Tools TAB to the ACE Tools TAB (see pic) and you set it to point to FSX rather than FS9, I'm pretty sure that the TCE will allow you to make changes. Make sure you run the TCE as an administrator!

I can't say for 100% sure that it will work. I have not installed or flown on FS9 for more than two years. I think about installing it every now and then, but it's too much hassle and FSX is just sooooo  much better than FS9. IMO. Wink

I hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

MR

Reply #3 - Jul 7th, 2011 at 8:09pm
Print Post  
Hello again and thanks for the info but I was not opening the TCE file properly I was using left mouse button.  When I try the right bottom I notice the (Open as administrator selection) I try it and said can’t find FS 2004 is it a fix for that problem.

Thanks again
Mike

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top