Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Sluggish handling on the 757 (Read 2418 times)
Jonathan Slade

Sluggish handling on the 757
Jul 2nd, 2011 at 11:27pm
Print Post  
Hi guys,

New to the forum and to the Captain Sim 757 - I used to fly the another company 767 a lot but have given simming a break for a few years.  Well I'm rediscovering it now and all the systems are coming back to me fairly quickly (though the right click on the heading select button took me a while to figure out!) and as I've always been a big 757 fan I'm really enjoying the Captain Sim product.

I must admit to being disappointed, however, with some aspects of the handling of the aircraft.  There seemed to be such a long delay between me moving the stick and the aircraft obeying my instructions that I thought there was a problem with my joystick.  But I've fiddled with the Sensitivities menu and although I'm getting a good response from other aircraft, the 757 seems permanently behind my instructions and actually quite 'muddy' out of turns as well, and not even just at slow speeds.

If there's anything I can do to improve this or any suggestions anyone has to make I'd be very grateful, as it's spoiling my enjoyment of an otherwise brilliant product.

Thanks!  Smiley

Jonathan

IP Logged

Jonathan Slade

Re: Sluggish handling on the 757
Reply #1 - Jul 8th, 2011 at 10:16pm
Print Post  
Any ideas/suggestions anyone?  Thanks  Smiley

IP Logged

Raven

Reply #2 - Jul 9th, 2011 at 11:26am
Print Post  
The only solution that I can suggest is to edit Aircraft.cfg flight tuning section.

IP Logged

Jonathan Slade

Reply #3 - Jul 10th, 2011 at 10:56pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the suggestion - I had another look at it today and it does actually look like this delay I experience between my control input and the aircraft's response is not just confined to the CS757. 

Does everyone get this brief time lag?  I don't remember experiencing it back in the day but maybe I just got used to it Undecided  Would be interested to hear your thoughts.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top