Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Locking control surfaces (Read 3466 times)
NNewcomb

757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Locking control surfaces
Jun 14th, 2011 at 4:43pm
Print Post  
I've noticed that sometimes when my engines are  off, or just a few minutes ago when I was flying, all of my controls will lock. I can not use the rudder, ailerons, or elevators. I can only use the trim to pitch up and down. Is there a fix for this? Does any one else has this problem?

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium

IP Logged

CoolP

Re: Locking control surfaces
Reply #1 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 5:06pm
Print Post  
Sounds like you are seeing a feature instead of a bug.
The 727 has hydraulically operated surfaces, so they at least become very heavy when you don't have a system powering the hydraulics.

There are engine driven pumps (2, on engine 1+2) and some electrical driven ones (3), powering two systems, A (Engine driven) and B (electrical driven) which at some parts overlap, at others are separated unless forced to be interconnected. The standby system uses one separate electrical pump.
See the above colours to take a glimpse. Pure orange means "B" and pure blue means "A" while the mixture means that both systems power that surface/system.

Want to operate the gear in the air with your engines failed? Well, see where the gear is "located" hydraulically. You have to interconnect there or you don't have any hydraulic power available.
The whole left part of the blue system "A"  isn't powered if you lose your engine driven pumps, so that interconnect switch gains attraction in regard to the situation you are in.

There e. g. is this buddy to warn you about low pressure in some vital systems.

On the ground, for all the surface related movement the engines must run or you have to use the electrical driven pumps which are 9 and 11 in this screenshot.
Switch 18 connects the two circuits if necessary, so the electrical system B stuff can pressurize the system A circuit. That switch may be your friend in emergencies.

So if you need some "System A" movement without the engines running, you have to get electrical power from external sources or the APU, you have to enable the electrical system B pumps and you have to connect the system B to system A then.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #2 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 5:34pm
Print Post  
If your controls lock for no reason while inflight and with the engines running, check if you accidentally enabled the AP.
Maybe press "Z" once to check if the FSX internal function was enabled.

IP Logged

NNewcomb

757-200, 767-300, 727-100,
727-200, 727F, 737-200

Reply #3 - Jun 14th, 2011 at 8:04pm
Print Post  
Thanks for the nice reply! Grin

—Nick&&&&Dell Inspirion 15R | Intel Core i5 @ 2.5 Ghz (Up to 3.1Ghz) | 6GB DDR3 @ 1333Mhz | Intel Graphics HD 3000 | 750GB HDD | Windows 7 Home Premium

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top