Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
3 beta missions posted for the C-130 (Read 5952 times)
herkMX

3 beta missions posted for the C-130
Jun 10th, 2011 at 12:25am
Print Post  
After about 5 months of learning, flying other people's missions, and lurking around on mission building websites, I think I'm ready to release a couple missions out for beta.  

**EDIT** Most of these missions have been through some beta flying already; some of the comments have been incorporated, but I'm in the middle of moving from Instant Mission Maker to FSX Mission Editor, so there may still be some bugs in them. Feel free to drop me a message with suggestions, complaints, etc. I will try and go back and update these 3, but if not, your suggestions will be rolled into future missions.

Missions are available at website... http://www.c130flightops.com
Note there is a difference between the Captain Sim (unmarked) and the freeware (uses c130j30_4x from FlightSim.com) for each mission.

Three missions are on the homepage, available for download in zip format.

Couple things to mention:
-- I've identified 130 mission ideas for this project. They can be found on the Our Flight Plan tab of the website.
-- Downloads are about 25 meg each, as I'm using my voice for the audio prompts, and synthesized voice only for the ATC.
-- Missions will not be released in order (my thinking at this point) so that I can cater to many different skill levels. End goal is to be complete in about 2 years with a full library, starting from initial flight (mission # 1) to fini flight (mission #130).
-- I also fly with 2d panels, versus the virtual (3d) cockpit. Not sure if that will make a difference.
-- Most early missions will take place in the area of Northwest Florida, which is rich in training fields and military bases. It is also where I currently live.
-- Missions are designed to be placed in the Mission root folder,as I've included a C-130 Missions category banner in the download. (Actual C-130 Missions category in work)

Anyway, here we go.

Mission #1 is a local training orientation flight, originating at Hurlburt Field, heading down to Tynall AFB for a touch and go, and returning to Hurlburt.

Mission #2 is a VFR training mission in the local area; couple touch-and gos and some full stop landings, designed to get pilots familiar with locating airstrips without using instrumentation.

Mission #12 is a follow the leader mission, and involves 2 aircraft (a lead aircraft and you). This is the one I'm not sure about how it will work for the freeware model, as I'm loading an CS aircraft at the beginning. Think of this mission as a game of follow the leader, departing Eglin AFB and heading to Duke Field, with a timer in place to ensure you don't fall behind the lead aircraft.

Read the 1st notes included with each mission' they have some good information. Many of the triggers in the mission are activated via altitude or airspeed, so it's good to know what parameters I'm using so you get the proper responses.

Cheers and Happy Flying,

John
john@c130flightops.com

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: 3 beta missions posted for the C-130
Reply #1 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 2:26am
Print Post  
Hi John.

The missions sound really interesting and I'm going to give them a try. What is the difference between the normal zip file and the FREE zip files (Mission1_C130IntroFlight.zip and Mission1_C130IntroFlightFREE.zip)? If I'm ready you correctly, is that referring to some freeware C-130 add-on as compared to the CS C-130 X-perience (or Base Pack)?

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

herkMX

Reply #2 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 2:52am
Print Post  
Correct. Some of the beta testers didnt have the CS aircraft but I wanted to make them available to all. On a side note, mission 1 had the most user issues; i hope i managed to clean most of it up. Hard to know whether the freeware model or my mission that caused the problems.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Jun 10th, 2011 at 7:50am
Print Post  
Thanks John.

No need for me to download the ones that have FREE in them. Wink

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Don-P1126

Reply #4 - Sep 30th, 2011 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
Will be loading them to see how it works out.   Keep developing, I saw a few that would be very interesting to fly on your list of 130.

Don

IP Logged

zsoltfireman

Reply #5 - Oct 6th, 2011 at 5:16am
Print Post  
herkMX wrote on Jun 10th, 2011 at 12:25am:
After about 5 months of learning, flying other people's missions, and lurking around on mission building websites, I think I'm ready to release a couple missions out for beta.  

**EDIT** Most of these missions have been through some beta flying already; some of the comments have been incorporated, but I'm in the middle of moving from Instant Mission Maker to FSX Mission Editor, so there may still be some bugs in them. Feel free to drop me a message with suggestions, complaints, etc. I will try and go back and update these 3, but if not, your suggestions will be rolled into future missions.

Missions are available at website... http://www.c130flightops.com
Note there is a difference between the Captain Sim (unmarked) and the freeware (uses c130j30_4x from FlightSim.com) for each mission.

Three missions are on the homepage, available for download in zip format.

Couple things to mention:
-- I've identified 130 mission ideas for this project. They can be found on the Our Flight Plan tab of the website.
-- Downloads are about 25 meg each, as I'm using my voice for the audio prompts, and synthesized voice only for the ATC.
-- Missions will not be released in order (my thinking at this point) so that I can cater to many different skill levels. End goal is to be complete in about 2 years with a full library, starting from initial flight (mission # 1) to fini flight (mission #130).
-- I also fly with 2d panels, versus the virtual (3d) cockpit. Not sure if that will make a difference.
-- Most early missions will take place in the area of Northwest Florida, which is rich in training fields and military bases. It is also where I currently live.
-- Missions are designed to be placed in the Mission root folder,as I've included a C-130 Missions category banner in the download. (Actual C-130 Missions category in work)

Anyway, here we go.

Mission #1 is a local training orientation flight, originating at Hurlburt Field, heading down to Tynall AFB for a touch and go, and returning to Hurlburt.

Mission #2 is a VFR training mission in the local area; couple touch-and gos and some full stop landings, designed to get pilots familiar with locating airstrips without using instrumentation.

Mission #12 is a follow the leader mission, and involves 2 aircraft (a lead aircraft and you). This is the one I'm not sure about how it will work for the freeware model, as I'm loading an CS aircraft at the beginning. Think of this mission as a game of follow the leader, departing Eglin AFB and heading to Duke Field, with a timer in place to ensure you don't fall behind the lead aircraft.

Read the 1st notes included with each mission' they have some good information. Many of the triggers in the mission are activated via altitude or airspeed, so it's good to know what parameters I'm using so you get the proper responses.

Cheers and Happy Flying,

John
john@c130flightops.com

Hello,

Sorry! But link is dead!
Please reuploaded the mission pack
Thank you very much!
Zsolt

IP Logged

Don-P1126

Reply #6 - Oct 17th, 2011 at 7:22pm
Print Post  
Well looks like the previous link for these beta missions are dead now.   Possibly due to the lack of renewal of the web hosting site.

I was looking forward to the remainders to be completed.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top