Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8 Send TopicPrint
 25 ...there was a 2D panel as well. (Read 76073 times)
NaMcO
Ex Member

...there was a 2D panel as well.
Apr 24th, 2011 at 7:33am
Print Post  
Yes, some people don't like VCs at all, and i *REALLY* hope there is a 2D panel on this triple seven. I instantly purchased the 777 exterior model the moment i saw it (wow, was i waiting for a 777 for FSX!) like i did when the 707 was out and it was a major deception for me not having a 2D panel back then, please don't make me suffer now  Grin

I hope there is a 2D panel on the 777, it would be so so so perfect. Thank you Captain Sim for delivering such a great aircraft to the community.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: ...there was a 2D panel as well.
Reply #1 - May 4th, 2011 at 8:05am
Print Post  
Unfortunately there will be no 2D panel.

IP Logged

pj747

Delta 737-200

Reply #2 - May 4th, 2011 at 12:26pm
Print Post  
NaMcO wrote on Apr 24th, 2011 at 7:33am:
Yes, some people don't like VCs at all, and i *REALLY* hope there is a 2D panel on this triple seven. I instantly purchased the 777 exterior model the moment i saw it (wow, was i waiting for a 777 for FSX!) like i did when the 707 was out and it was a major deception for me not having a 2D panel back then, please don't make me suffer now  Grin

I hope there is a 2D panel on the 777, it would be so so so perfect. Thank you Captain Sim for delivering such a great aircraft to the community.

Why do you like 2-D panels so much? The VC is much better, more realistic and the 2-D panel is horribel for flying, you have hardly any depth perception now that the FS is as good as real life.

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #3 - May 8th, 2011 at 11:58am
Print Post  
Oh well, no 2D panel just put me 50% off  Sad

I enjoy 2D panels so much because i have all the instruments i need right at my disposal, instantly. I know there are addons for mouse movement and the such, but i just don't like the way it works (the 3D panels i mean).

3D panels are much more realistic and yes, they DO look much better, but functionality is very limited (my opinion) because i have to keep moving around the cockipt just to press a button sometimes, when i need to do it really quick. 2D panels, like i said above, have everything you need in front of your eyes, and you can switch view really fast to overhead or side panels.

These ofcourse are just opinions, i fly the 707 in FSX with the 3D panel - no other option - but if there was a 2D panel, i wouldn't touch the 3D unless while cruising "just for the realistic feel".

Shame, but keep it up, i will surely purchase it, just not as happy as with your previous 767-757 planes  Embarrassed

And... THANK YOU once again for picking up the 777, an incredible aircraft.

IP Logged

asanal

Reply #4 - May 8th, 2011 at 5:19pm
Print Post  
I also prefer 2D panel. It gives me steady instruments panel. VC /3D maybe  in future. More developers are for VC panels, it is not complicated/sophisticated as 2D panels. I can understand for  quick turn around. 2D is time consuming .

IP Logged

pj747

Delta 737-200

Reply #5 - May 8th, 2011 at 6:29pm
Print Post  
How is the VC not as complicated as 2-D panels? If you haven't seen, the 2-D panels don't actually look exactly like the cockpit should with easy access to everything just by looking. You guys should try teh TrackIR.

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Reply #6 - May 10th, 2011 at 4:40am
Print Post  
If they add views to each section of the VC (an overhead view, center pedestal view, glareshield view, etc...) there isn't really a need for a 2D panel. One thing I will say in defense of 2D panels is that in the 767, some of the buttons on the overhead panel (such as the fuel pumps) can't be pressed in the VC, so I have to use the 2D overhead panel. However, I don't really see any need for a 2D panel of the primary flight display, HSI, and such.

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Markoz
Beta Team

Reply #7 - May 10th, 2011 at 6:24am
Print Post  
boeing247 wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 4:40am:
If they add views to each section of the VC (an overhead view, center pedestal view, glareshield view, etc...) there isn't really a need for a 2D panel. One thing I will say in defense of 2D panels is that in the 767, some of the buttons on the overhead panel (such as the fuel pumps) can't be pressed in the VC, so I have to use the 2D overhead panel. However, I don't really see any need for a 2D panel of the primary flight display, HSI, and such.

What buttons can't be pressed in the 767 VC, but can in the 2D OH Panel? All of the switches/buttons that I can use with the 2D OH Panel, can be controlled on the VC overhead, in mine. Besides that, there is nothing wrong if a person prefers to use 2D Panels instead of the VC. Personally, though, I prefer to use the VC and not 2D Panels. The problem for the others is that 2D Panels are being left out of a lot of, but not all, new add-on aircraft.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 6700K @ 4.0GHz | Corsair H80i Liquid Cooling | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX1060 Xtreme Gaming | 27" LCD Monitor | 1x2TB SSHD, 2x2TB HDD, 1x4TB HDD, 1x275GB SSD | Win 10 Pro 64 - FSX, FSX-SE, P3Dv3.4 & P3Dv4.2
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 16GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE & P3Dv4.2

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #8 - May 12th, 2011 at 6:08pm
Print Post  
boeing247 wrote on May 10th, 2011 at 4:40am:

Yeah i tend to agree with this. As long as i can reach all the controls quickly like on a real aircraft, i don't really need the 2D panel and i can experience the better "as real as it gets" 3D panels offer.

IP Logged

Recency

Reply #9 - May 17th, 2011 at 10:58pm
Print Post  
I would also like to see a 2D_Panel.

So the questions that I have, is why not include a full function 2D_Panel? Is it really that difficult to make a 2d panel in comparison to a 3d panel?

Yes, there is some realism with a 3d panel, but I would have to say there is some realism with a 2d panel also.  With a 2d panel you see and operate switches with out zooming and panning around the cockpit with a camara.  Zooming and panning around the cockpit with a camara does seem to remove some of the realism in a FS 3d cockpit.  In other words, in a real cockpit a camara is not used to zoom in and out on guages.

In addition, I have noticed better frame rates with a 2dpanel compared to 3d.

Just to be clear, I am not suggesting to eliminate the 3d but rather suggesting to build a full and complete packaged aircraft. There are some who still enjoy flying a FS aircraft with a 2d panel also.

IP Logged

rsvette12

Reply #10 - May 20th, 2011 at 1:18am
Print Post  
I would also miss a 2d cockpit usually hard to adjust settings in vc, just my thoughts.

Rich

IP Logged

NaMcO
Ex Member

Reply #11 - May 24th, 2011 at 9:01am
Print Post  
Since we're not getting a 2D panel, the least that could (maybe) be done, is ask Captain Sim if...

"Can you give us a 3D panel view that resembles the 2D cockpit?"

...like this, we could see and reach all necessary switches quickly while maintaining the high quality visuals that a 3D panel provides.

An overall view of the 3D panel, slightly zoomed in and moved to the left, just like a 2D panel. I know you will probably be able to do this yourself, but having the view predefined for quick access would be much better.

Just my 2 cents to try and "fix" this... "flaw"  Tongue

IP Logged

matsuman

B777 and B787 driver

Reply #12 - May 24th, 2011 at 2:26pm
Print Post  

2D panel is very usefull when you are into actual flight procedures, doesn't have to be exact gauges or buttons to be right on the money. At least there is an option to flight prep on 2D and then use VC when you are flying. That comment about the VC is more realistic, what more realistic about that? you are looking at the plane with no one in it. Virtual your way to the back of the plane and you don't see any passengers. Is like a ghost plane......
All you have is the detail of the inside a plane and not a lot of the flight dynamic and the general characteristic of the B777 as a flight simulator.

Kin M.
(Klax)

IP Logged

Jean-Louis

Reply #13 - May 25th, 2011 at 9:01pm
Print Post  
I am one of those who like 2D panels. Why ? Simply because I am builing a home cockpit. The 2D panels can be "customised" and displayed on differents screens. And an other screen (and later 4 videoprojectors) is used for ouside view.
With a 3D Cockpit, it is impossible to use this kind of cockpit...
Here are some pictures of my cockpit, here with a customised panel for EMB 120.  I had no pictures with the Captain Sim B 757, but I have customised for myself the 2D panels, and it is really a pleasure to fly it with 2D panels in this cockpit, with a FMC. Sure, I have to use the mouse dor some parts, but with only 3D Cockpit, it would be impossible.
It is why I now only buy planes add-ons with 2D panels, even if I really find 3D Cockpit splendids ! They are beautiful, but I can't use them...

Jean-Louis Coussot&&&&Pentium Dual Core 6750-2 Go Ram-Geforce 8800GTS 640 Mo+ Matrox Triple Head 2Go Analogique+Geforce 7600 512 Mo.&&Win XP SP3 - FS X+SP1+SP2-FS Commander-Active Sky X-FS Inn-IVF-TeamSpeak

IP Logged

wb2002

Reply #14 - May 31st, 2011 at 2:25am
Print Post  
Excuse me but after reading the above posts, am I understanding that there will not be a 2D panel with this A/C? I do hope that is NOT what I understand.

wb2002&&&&ASUS P6X58 Premium/Intel i7-930 OC TO 4.2&&Mushkin Redline (3x2GB) 6-8-6-24/Win 7 Ultimate 64&&2x150GB SATA WD Raptor-No Raid/2x1TB SATA WD ST31000524AS-No Raid&&2x SATA DRW-24B1ST/EVGA GTX580 2Gigs/Thermaltake W0106 700W PSU&&3x SILENX 120X25MM FANS + 2x 10in XCLIO Wind Tunnel Case Fans

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 8
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top