Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Captain Sim... a little "orientation," please! (Read 5213 times)
TrojanBUFDriver

Captain Sim... a little "orientation," please!
Apr 18th, 2011 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
I'm newly registered on your site, and I'm nearly clueless as to what it's about/what you do here. I found the site through a Google search on "B-52 radar navigator."

But after I read through a few messages on the forum, I got the impression that you all somehow "fly" a B-52 simulator. Is it on-line, or is it a stand-alone package? Please educate me a little...

I have 4,000 flying hours in real B-52s, in four of the six crew positions (pilot, copilot, navigator, and radar navigator). I have about 80 combat missions in Southeast Asia and I flew in two SAC Bombing Competitions, one as a navigator and one as a copilot.

I have a fair amount of knowledge about B-52s, though on old equipment (none of the current generation avionics), and I have a couple of tech orders ("Dash-1") that I can look up what I don't directly remember.

So I have an abiding interest in what's going on here...but I need a little explanation...as you would a complete "newbie." Any help you'd care to offer would be appreciated...

TrojanBUFDriver

IP Logged

fs_addict

Re: Captain Sim... a little "orientation," p
Reply #1 - Apr 18th, 2011 at 10:35pm
Print Post  
Hello, TrojanBUFDriver, and welcome to the Captain Sim forums. Here's an answer to your question.  You 'fly' the B-52 through a program called Microsoft Flight Simulator X, or FSX for short, you can buy it here: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-X-Gold-Pc/dp/B001DPZE84/ref=sr_... Also if you get FSX I'd recommend having a very new computer. Then from the Captain Sim homepage you can enter the online store and buy the B-52 for 25 Euros. After you buy it, you should receive an email and then run a .exe file to install the B-52, as you run the .exe it will ask you to enter your order code. Just copy/paste this from the email you received. After the install you'll be able to fly this plane on your computer. Most anywhere you want to. So in short, the B-52 is just an addon for FSX which you can use to fly a B-52. Wink

&&Win7 Home SP1|Nvidia GT 220 1GB Memory|8GB RAM|550GB HDD 500GB External HDD|Intel Quad Core CPU @ 2.50 GHz

IP Logged

TrojanBUFDriver

Reply #2 - Apr 19th, 2011 at 1:47am
Print Post  
fs_addict wrote on Apr 18th, 2011 at 10:35pm:
Hello, TrojanBUFDriver, and welcome to the Captain Sim forums. Here's an answer to your question.  You 'fly' the B-52 through a program called Microsoft Flight Simulator X, or FSX for short, you can buy it here: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-X-Gold-Pc/dp/B001DPZE84/ref=sr_... Also if you get FSX I'd recommend having a very new computer. Then from the Captain Sim homepage you can enter the online store and buy the B-52 for 25 Euros. After you buy it, you should receive an email and then run a .exe file to install the B-52, as you run the .exe it will ask you to enter your order code. Just copy/paste this from the email you received. After the install you'll be able to fly this plane on your computer. Most anywhere you want to. So in short, the B-52 is just an addon for FSX which you can use to fly a B-52. Wink

Thanks, fs_addict. That's a great summary. I can see I have a lot of catching up to do...I guess I'd better get started.  Smiley

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: Captain Sim... a little "orientation," please!
Reply #3 - Apr 19th, 2011 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
Welcome aboard Captain!

IP Logged

cpt.Gee

Reply #4 - Apr 24th, 2011 at 4:28pm
Print Post  
CaptainSim is among the best of the best, i rank them at two Wink HIGHLY recommend the B52 though, bought it not long ago and am addicted:) have fun!

IP Logged

Razordraac

Reply #5 - Nov 21st, 2011 at 12:23am
Print Post  
TrojanBUFDriver wrote on Apr 19th, 2011 at 1:47am:
fs_addict wrote on Apr 18th, 2011 at 10:35pm:
Hello, TrojanBUFDriver, and welcome to the  forums. Here's an answer to your question.  You 'fly' the B-52 through a program called Microsoft Flight Simulator X, or FSX for short, you can buy it here: http://www.amazon.com/Microsoft-Flight-Simulator-X-Gold-Pc/dp/B001DPZE84/ref=sr_... Also if you get FSX I'd recommend having a very new computer. Then from the Captain Sim homepage you can enter the online store and buy the B-52 for 25 Euros. After you buy it, you should receive an email and then run a .exe file to install the B-52, as you run the .exe it will ask you to enter your order code. Just copy/paste this from the email you received. After the install you'll be able to fly this plane on your computer. Most anywhere you want to. So in short, the B-52 is just an addon for FSX which you can use to fly a B-52. Wink

Thanks, fs_addict. That's a great summary. I can see I have a lot of catching up to do...I guess I'd better get started.  Smiley

Also buy a USB joystick and other instruments for a proper experience.

Alex Davies

FX-8350 @ 4.6 GHz | CoolerMaster Hyper 212 Evo | Zotac GTX 970 4GB | 8GB DDR3 | ASRock 970 Extreme4
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top