Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Dill file not in folder? (Read 1290 times)
acko52

Dill file not in folder?
Apr 14th, 2011 at 1:37am
Print Post  
G/day  I was looking through the sound folders of the 707 and 727(this is in the CS folder, not the simobjects folder) and noticed that the 727  hasnt got a dill file like the 707 does eg the 707 hase a sound config file , a sound file (with the wavs) a dill file , ace file ect, the 727 has all except the dll, just wondering why this is so, and can anyone explain why there is two sets of sound folders eg one in the simobjects/ airplane folder and one in the msfs/ Cap Sim folder/707,727,757 folder. Also noticed that there is two config files, one for each, but the one in the MSFS/Cap Sim folder is outside the folder with the wavs. When i went to look at what the DLL was titled , it didnt give a description, it just said DLL, so if anybdy could explain it , that would be great, thank you        take care jeff Smiley

IP Logged

TurbofanDude

Programmer, B-52H and
737NG Lover

Re: Dill file not in folder?
Reply #1 - May 3rd, 2011 at 11:38pm
Print Post  
well, as for the dll files, the 707 uses a different system for sounds. The 727's sound system is mostly likely built into the gauges somewhere in the panel folder, and may not be located easily anywhere, instead integrated right in. Ror the sound folder differences, one of them is for things like switch flips, APU, window opening, and any cockpit sounds outside of the Gyros, engines, gear, and flaps. The 727 systems read the sounds in the FSX\Captain_Sim\727\sound folder, to play sounds that default aircraft do not have the capacity to have, where as the SimObjects\Airplanes\CS727_100 sound folder is the sound folder that is setup like the default style (except for the excellent sounds!) so that it may be played by the FSX sound processing engine as normal sounds, not requiring any external file. It also makes it easier for people to edit sounds, or replace it (if they didn't rock already), without having to copy or fix all the cockpit sounds on the new sound set.

I hope I've answered your question!

Thank You,&&Collin Biedenkapp,&&&&<div class="scroll" style="float: left; font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana,sans-serif; overflow: auto; max-height: 200px; width: 99%;"><br><br><a href="http://www.captainsim.com/" target="_blank">Web Site</a> | <a href="http://www.captainsim.com/support/" target="_b
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top