Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
flight planner in fsx gets messed up only with b70 (Read 2893 times)
rsperge

flight planner in fsx gets messed up only with b70
Apr 8th, 2011 at 5:45am
Print Post  
   The problem that I have and this only happens with the Boeing 707
which I purchased just a couple of weeks ago, is that when I make a flight plan in fsx for example ft. lauderdale to Tampa IFR not VOR
and now I am starting at the airport of ft lauderdale, bu t now the flight plan changes to vor plus a different location  like Seattle to so and so,  I also start the sim with a Cessna first.  So why is this happening ?? Flight plans getting changed from  ifr to vor and only happens with the B707.

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Re: flight planner in fsx gets messed up only with b70
Reply #1 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 5:52am
Print Post  
When you load a flight with the 707, all lights are turned off, autopilot is turned off, and of course, the flight plan is changed from Seattle to Felts. This is important (I forget why), so do not delete this flight!

This is a link to the topic where I asked a similar question as you: http://www.captainsim.org/yabb2/YaBB.pl?num=1298685571/all

If you scroll down (or it might be on the second page) you will find Mark's instructions on adding the GPS so you can update your route progress. Using the GPS and the Navlog, you can fully update the doppler navigation system midflight (if you save your flight and come back to it later and your doppler settings are gone). If you have any more questions, feel free to ask.  Smiley

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

rsperge

Reply #2 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 4:33pm
Print Post  
this might sound a bit stupid but I have windows 7 home premiumhow do I make it into blue text. thanks

IP Logged

rsperge

Reply #3 - Apr 8th, 2011 at 6:05pm
Print Post  
tried to change my notepad the color and you can't and tried copy and paste with word pad, still no luck. I followed your directions about the gps installing in the panel cfg but comes out black, and in the plane all you see is a red small box even though its on the menu when you look up. so I need some hel to get this gps system in and of course in blue. how???

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #4 - Apr 9th, 2011 at 7:27am
Print Post  
Hi rsperge.

Did you start your flight - for example ft. lauderdale to Tampa - from a saved flight? If you did, the 707 will automatically load KSEA - KSFF (dpl.FLT) for the Doppler regardless of the flight plan that you had created AND saved with the flight.

How I made that part of this text blue. Highlight the text you want colored, and click on one of the colored squares from the menu above (when reply or creating a Topic). The highlighted text should then appear like this:
Code
Select All
[color=#0000ff]for example ft. lauderdale to Tampa[/color] 

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

rsperge

Reply #5 - Apr 14th, 2011 at 12:12pm
Print Post  
still having probelm in getting the text tobecome blue, something I am missing, please give me a step by step would appreciate cause defintely would like to have a pgs on the 707

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top