Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Keyboard assignments (Read 10707 times)
Gnacino

Keyboard assignments
Feb 28th, 2011 at 1:01am
Print Post  
What are the keboard assignments for the 757?  I did a search on the forum and also on all of the 5 manuels and could not find anything.

I thought that I saw a listing in one of the manuels, but can't find it.

Thanks,

Gnacino

IP Logged

Pinatubo

Re: Keyboard assignments
Reply #1 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 2:41am
Print Post  
Gnacino wrote on Feb 28th, 2011 at 1:01am:
What are the keboard assignments for the 757?  I did a search on the forum and also on all of the 5 manuels and could not find anything.

I thought that I saw a listing in one of the manuels, but can't find it.

Thanks,

Gnacino

Hi Gnacino,

The keyboard assignments for CS B-757 are the same as for as the others FS's aircrafts and you can modify them if you like, using upper FS's tool bar:

OPTIONS > SETTINGS > CONTROLS > BUTTONS/KEYS > KEYBOARD > CHANGE ASSIGNMENTS

Best regards,

Pinatubo.

My fleet (CS and from others developers):

L1011; B777-200/F; B777-200/F (LR); MD-11/F;B737-600/700/800/900NG; B767-300/200/F/KC ; B757-300/200/F ; C130 X-perience All-In-One; B707-300/300C; B727-100/200; B737-200/200ADV; WX Radar

IP Logged

Gnacino

Reply #2 - Feb 28th, 2011 at 5:10am
Print Post  
Specificaly, I was looking for key commands for the EFIS contol of the ND to eg, increase the range, select map, vor and pln mode and select to show radar, waypoints and airports on the ND display.

I would have to set up mouse macros in FSUIPC, but I need the key assignments for those functions, which are not available in FSX.

I am using Goflights EFIS panel and want to set it up for those functions.  Also I would like to use joystick buttons and switches for some overhead panels functions.

Thanks,

Gnacino

IP Logged

lulu47

Reply #3 - Mar 1st, 2011 at 11:02am
Print Post  
Hi,

Same question about TOGA and A/T Disconnect keybord assigment,

The Captain Sim 757 AT/DISCONNECT AND TOGA uses out-of standard commands to use these facilities with joystick or throttles quadrant buttons. I'm using the wonderfull professional 737 TQ throttles produced by http://www.flightsimulatorcenter.com, without to know which are the keyboard assignments used for those both commands it's impossible to add these facilities via FSUIPC offsets or via keyboard emulation.

So should it be possible to know what keys or FSUIPC addresses are used for AT Disconnect and TOGA buttons?

Best regards

IP Logged

JaskanFactor

Reply #4 - Mar 23rd, 2011 at 11:33am
Print Post  
Without key mapping commands, its very tricky for me just after takeoff, with right hand on joystick and in need of another right hand to use mouse for enabling auto pilot lnav vnav.

keymapping is an issue , a major issue for CS planes,

its best to either provide your own kepmapping like another company and another company do, or much better still comply with the standard fs keymapping , so we can use what we already got setup via fs and fsuipc.

I think the only way to find what keys are assigned to what actions in CS planes is to complete the job of ther cs developers by getting registered version of fsuipc.

Turn on fsuipc logging console window

as you push buttons / interact  with a/c in fs  , you can see the fs command those interactions are mapped to.

Assign those commands identified via fsuipc log output to your joystick/keyboard/controller etc.

This might not be an easy solution though, if CS has not yet fixed that very old bug with 757/767 where CS planes are sending 1 million unused messages to fsx per second. Cause with this bug fsuipc log window will be scrolling up with useless messages at the speed of light. So very hard to make out message related to a button you just pushed in the plane.

To be fair to CS the statment that cs planes use standard fs keyboard commands is partially true, but things like lnav, vnav, and other autopliot commands , i  dont know how to map, without having to use fsuipc log to identify.

IP Logged

Gnacino

Reply #5 - Mar 24th, 2011 at 6:58pm
Print Post  
10 4 on that.  I bought the 757 about a year ago.  Since then, I bought a lot of hardware so I don't have to open new panels and click something with the mouse.

One piece of hardware is GoFlights MCPRO.  Very nice and kind of expensive, about 500 US Dollars.  The fact that I can't use it with CS's 757 is a big negative.  No key mapping or logging using FSIUPC.

This is one reason why I am waiting for another company to come out with their own 757.  As it looks like now, it might be never.

To be fair, CS's 757 is of high quality and has a lot of nice features for someone that is looking for a realistic ac.  With that in mind, you would think that they would make it adaptable with some of the software that the "cockpit nuts" like to use.

Not much here on this forum regarding help with trying to set with GoFlights hardware.  You would think that as intricate as the CS 757 is that more of the guys that use non default ac would have come up with somthing by now.

As of now, the only ac that I fly exclusivly are the another company 767 and CS's757. This forum does not let you name the "other', but it starts with a L To be fair, CS does let you download a trial version and that is a big plus.  Don't know of anyone else offering that.

Sorry for being long winded, just wanted to add my two cents.

Gnacino

IP Logged

JaskanFactor

Reply #6 - Mar 25th, 2011 at 5:07am
Print Post  
Ok, i checked, CS is the only a/c i have seen that sends no logging to fsuipc log, tried all kinds of autopilot, and generall buttons in VC, not a single log.

Anybody have anytips for hpw to engage lnav.vnav after takeoff, considering i got right hand on joystick, and need right hand on mouse to enable lnav/vnav.

CS needs to do something about this keymapping issue. Keymapping is a very bottom of the pile basic requirement.

crashed a few times cause plane stalled before hand off joystick could make it to MCP with mouse to enable lnav/vnav

my siatek X65F joystick has unlimited buttons i could assign to these functions, but all those buttons are useless with cs 757/767

The problem probably due to fact that developers did not properly comply with FSX SDK

IP Logged

gr8guitar

Reply #7 - Jun 6th, 2016 at 2:38pm
Print Post  
I realize that it's been awhile since this question was asked but the only I found to access CS757's "offsets" or key commands is to break down the cab and look at the xml's and look for the L:xxxxx of interest and then assign whatever keys to the L:xxxx using the <On key="yy"> in the xml. Or produce an FSUIPC's lua to assign keys or buttons to access the the L:xxxx. Or, the easiest, use FSUIPC to assign the Lvars to a *.mcro file and then assign keys or buttons as required to the associated mcro number (this courtesy of A2A simulations forum).

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top