Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Another problem - solved (Read 2630 times)
biggles

Another problem - solved
Feb 12th, 2011 at 6:37pm
Print Post  
I'm running Win 7 64 and I get errors on several dlls when FSX starts--after installing weapon. The error is something like "will only run in native 32-bit mode" or something like that. If I uninstall Weapon, those messages do not re-appear. Anyone know of any workarounds?  I see that at least one of you is running this in Vista 64-bit.

Thanks in advance.

I'm running FSX Accel and all my other addons work fine.

Additional info:  when I had it installed, I tried it in a third party aircraft, and was able to get the hud and control panel to show up. Both seemed to work fine. However, I could only get sound effects, no visual effects. So hopefully that narrows down where to look for the "only works in native 32-bit environment" messages:  visual effects dlls.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Another problem
Reply #1 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 7:03pm
Print Post  
Hi biggles.

Have you tried reinstalling Weapon  for FSX? If that doesn't (or didn't) work, you could try downloading (using Get New Links) and reinstalling it with the fresh download.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

biggles

Re: Another problem
Reply #2 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 7:06pm
Print Post  
I've got a little time today, so I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Markoz wrote on Feb 12th, 2011 at 7:03pm:
Hi biggles.

Have you tried reinstalling Weapon  for FSX? If that doesn't (or didn't) work, you could try downloading (using Get New Links) and reinstalling it with the fresh download.

Mark

IP Logged

biggles

Re: Another problem - solved
Reply #3 - Feb 12th, 2011 at 8:57pm
Print Post  
The dlls that were giving errors were old Creative Technologies driver from an earlier install, different computer. I used PC Mover to set up my new Core i7 PC, and it moved drivers for hardware I no longer have. I manually removed the Creative Drivers from the c:\Windows\SysWOW64 folder and now everything works as expected. Consider this one solved!  Roll Eyes

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top