Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 question to start with (Read 16773 times)
fael097

needs water-landable fighter
jets!

Re: question to start with
Reply #15 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 12:40am
Print Post  
i asked if it had any kind of integration with the fsx:a hornet's radar, and so i was told to RTFM. after reading the F manual, i must ask, what kind of integration if any, does it have with the hornet's radar, besides finding AI aircraft (wich is the way that the radar always worked)?

also, i answered "collimated hud" for the guess product x thing, and didnt win it. so i tried to cheat Tongue but obviously you can see the post edits.
but cmon, collimated hud isnt a wrong answer

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #16 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 3:02pm
Print Post  
The key feature of the Weapon for FSX is TO WORK WITH ANY FSX AIRCRAFT/ROTORCRAFT. The Weapon does not care if it's a hornet or a cessna. This is why the Weapon has it's own radar and all required systems built-in as well.

How deep the Weapon integrates into to the bearer upon installation, described in all details in the Flight manual. What else third-party developers or users can do, described in SDK.

IP Logged

fael097

jets!

Reply #17 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:40pm
Print Post  
you do not understand my question.
I asked if it has any kind of integration with the acceleration hornet's radar. the simple answer is "NO, weapon has its own 'radar' and setting hornet's radar in any ways wont affect the weapon's hud target."

i dont care if it works with any aircraft, i dont care fireing imaginary missiles from a bell jet ranger. since weapon replaces hornet's hud, i wanted to know if hornet's radar would affect weapon's radar somehow, but the answer is no.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #18 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 6:30pm
Print Post  
The Weapon is not a mod for some specific aircraft.
The key idea of the whole concept is to work with any FSX aircraft/rotorcraft.
You like the hornet but do not care about the Bell206. Joe likes the Bell206 but does not care about a hornet. The Weapon is for ALL. You, Joe, and many others  Wink

fael097 wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:40pm:
i dont care fireing imaginary missiles

Each weapon shot is an actual simobject. Press P to see them.

If you are talking about the static missiles models on external stores before a launch - that's the easiest thing to do. The only reason why we didn do that is because the current version of the Weapon is 100% universal product.

IP Logged

fael097

jets!

Reply #19 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 8:01pm
Print Post  
since in the weapon pack, the hornet got a hud replacement that works in the VC, rather than just a 2d panel, (as all the other aircrafts get when you install weapon on them), i thought that perhaps you could use other VC functions such as the ARM switch, SMS page on the ddi to select your weapon, and the radar on DDI to select and lock your target. i believe some simple modifications would allow you to do that, am i wrong?

also, i thought it was a difficult thing to add objects into a plane model, wich is already a compiled .mdl file. isnt it?
can you easily add missile models under any plane's wings? if so, i'd like to know how, cuz im a 3d modeler, and it would be a good thing for me to do.  Wink

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #20 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 1:47am
Print Post  
fael097 wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 8:01pm:
easy tiger, im just chatting.
since in the weapon pack, the hornet got a hud replacement that works in the VC, rather than just a 2d panel, (as all the other aircrafts get when you install weapon on them), i thought that perhaps you could use other VC functions such as the ARM switch, SMS page on the ddi to select your weapon, and the radar on DDI to select and lock your target. i believe some simple modifications would allow you to do that, am i wrong?

also, i thought it was a difficult thing to add objects into a plane model, wich is already a compiled .mdl file. isnt it?
can you easily add missile models under any plane's wings? if so, i'd like to know how, cuz im a 3d modeler, and it would be a good thing for me to do.  Wink

Most of what you are talking about require xml coding in the model (mdl) itself. Unfortunately, it is illegal to reverse engineer someone elses work and modify it. Although you could do that for yourself (you can't share it or sell it) and get away with it. But even doing it only for yourself, it's still illegal.

Alex is just saying that for Captain Sim to add it to there own aircraft like the XLoad F/A-18D which you already can do that with. Although Captain Sim made the Acceleration F/A-18, I doubt MS will allow them to modify it because of some agreement between the two companies. Alex could explain that better than I can.

FSX Deluxe comes with the SDK included (I believe that FSX Gold does too). Install it and update it to SP2 (SDK SP2 from the Acceleration Disc). You can also create your own aircraft if you want to.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

fael097

jets!

Reply #21 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 10:22am
Print Post  
thanks.

about the modifications, i know some devs that have spoken to microsoft, and MS allowed them (well probably everyone) to modify whats inside FSX and accel.

im making some stuff for fsx, i already know the sdk, so i was just wondering how could i attach missiles under wings.

IP Logged

Captain Sim
CS Team

Reply #22 - Feb 7th, 2011 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
fael097 wrote on Feb 6th, 2011 at 8:01pm:

There's a list of L:vars in the SDK. Third party develpers can integrate the weapon into their projects as deep as they wish.

Quote:

Of course the .mdl got to be recompiled according our instructions. If we'll decide to go further on the Weapon development we'll add that info to SDK.

IP Logged

fael097

jets!

Reply #23 - Feb 8th, 2011 at 1:22am
Print Post  
thanks alex. i assume, if you decide to go further on that, you'd provide an open model of the hornet then?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top