Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Re: New Support System - PHONE SUPPORT! (Read 2510 times)
CoolP

Re: New Support System - PHONE SUPPORT!
Feb 4th, 2011 at 11:31am
Print Post  
I hope you don't get offended by my question, Collin.
Is this official a Captain Sim support (approved by them) or "just" some user to user basis?
I'm reading about you being a beta tester but since this could be some "user-only nature" too, I don't have a clue and that's why I'm asking.

I think that quite some guys will appreciate this effort but I'd have more than mixed emotions when posting some phone number on this very Internet nowadays. So at least your bravery receives some respect.  Tongue

Now, if this "just" was some free user to user help, one has to mention that your company also sells stuff, so this offer could well be seen as "come in free and maybe buy something", which has some bias in my eyes and shouldn't get advertised in official forums unless CS approves it.

Yes, doesn't sound that nice from my side, but if your answer is "Captain Sim approved and supports this action", I'm silent for the rest of all times (on this topic).  Smiley

So maybe some CS statement can clear things up here.

IP Logged

TurbofanDude

Programmer, B-52H and
737NG Lover

Reply #1 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 12:04pm
Print Post  
Well, let me talk to them anyway and verify that it's okay to do this. I'll put everything back up when they respond.

Thank You,&&Collin Biedenkapp,&&&&<div class="scroll" style="float: left; font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana,sans-serif; overflow: auto; max-height: 200px; width: 99%;"><br><br><a href="http://www.captainsim.com/" target="_blank">Web Site</a> | <a href="http://www.captainsim.com/support/" target="_b
IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #2 - Feb 4th, 2011 at 5:05pm
Print Post  
Don't worry, Collin, I wasn't challenging your motives.

It's just a difference if "user123" offers something (like that support) or if one guy does this when talking for a company ("we're now offering support"), even if it's free stuff.
While nobody would question the user to post his phone number and trying to help people unofficially on the phone, the company has to make sure the approval since it would deliver support for the product of another company (CS in this case).

Also, just from the objective view, the placement of "free" things together with a link where you can actually buy things (and not donate or something) is a commercial appearance (and therefore a completely different ballgame), even if friendly and surely talented guys like you post these things.
As nobody is allowed to place some kind of advertising here (apart from the signature which is a somehow passive element), this approval gets even more significant.

So don't get my thoughts wrong, they have a general intention, not the one to harm a nice guy.

IP Logged

TurbofanDude

Programmer, B-52H and
737NG Lover

Reply #3 - Feb 6th, 2011 at 5:51pm
Print Post  
Well, thanks CoolP. I've actually decided not to follow up on the phone thing, if things change, I might reconsider, but as for now, I jumped into that before I should have. I understand your point about the advertising, but surprising enough, with the one call we had, I didn't even talk about my company at all. lol. I was doing it 100% for Captain Sim.

I appreciate the feedback and the compliments, and I'll keep the rest of your response in mind in the future.

Thank You,&&Collin Biedenkapp,&&&&<div class="scroll" style="float: left; font-size: 10px; font-family: verdana,sans-serif; overflow: auto; max-height: 200px; width: 99%;"><br><br><a href="http://www.captainsim.com/" target="_blank">Web Site</a> | <a href="http://www.captainsim.com/support/" target="_b
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top