Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
New Paint – El Lobo II (Read 4275 times)
Lost in Isaan

New Paint – El Lobo II
Dec 31st, 2010 at 2:57am
Print Post  
Thought I'd have a go at using the paint kit and this is my 1st effort with this bird. It can be downloaded off the Ozx site here:-

http://aussiex.org/forum/index.php?/files/file/1498-b52-58-0185zip/

The paint is loosly based on B52 S/No 58-0185, EL Lobo II based at the 2nd BW/596th BS, Barksdale AFB, Louisiana, USA. It had seen limited active service during the Desert Storm operation over Iraq, DOOM 37 was it's call sign. The aircraft is now on display at the Air Force Armament Museum at Eglin AFB, Florida. There are a number of web sites with actual photographs of it and it's written history. Just search "B 52 El Lobo II".

For the purists I know 58-0185 is a G Model placed on this H model framework, if it matters. In saying that I’m open to constructive criticism in an effort to improve my work.

I may do a 'Dirty' version in the new year.

Enjoy

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: New Paint – El Lobo II
Reply #1 - Jan 1st, 2011 at 4:23pm
Print Post  
Great repaint, Bruce! Please add it to our catalogue and do not frget to nominate in Livery of the month contest.

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #2 - Jan 2nd, 2011 at 12:39am
Print Post  
Nice one. Thanks for that. I'll add it to my fleet.  Smiley

IP Logged

Lost in Isaan

Reply #3 - Jan 2nd, 2011 at 1:30am
Print Post  
Captain Sim 2 wrote on Jan 1st, 2011 at 4:23pm:
Great repaint, Bruce! Please add it to our catalogue and do not frget to nominate in Livery of the month contest.

Thank you for your kind words. Added to the Catalogue and nominated.

I have to admit it took me 2 hours to find the catalogue entry point, nearly gave up! Keep forgetting that there are a number of operations that can only be done through the Support section. Maybe some instructions can be pinned in the General Forum if not done elsewhere..

Regards Bruce

This message has been sent from my 1977 Apple II using 2 Hinze bake bean cans and piano wire!

IP Logged

Tri-Jet

Reply #4 - Jan 19th, 2011 at 7:10pm
Print Post  
Thanks a lot,  I was really excited to see a 596th B-52 repaint because my father was assigned to the 596th from 1983 to 1987 as an EWO. He has flown on El Lobo II several times. I believe this aircraft took part in the Secret Squirrel missions that kicked off Op Desert Storm. The aircraft departed Barksdale AFB, Louisana and struck targets in Iraq before recovering at forward bases. At the time it was the longest bombing mission in history, surpassing the RAF's Blackbuck raids. I believe however, that the Secret Squirrel raid was surpassed by the B-2 missions from Whiteman AFB during Op Enduring Freedom.

Secret Squirrel was also the first use of the conventional ALCM.

IP Logged

oliveone

pilot since 1958;B52C,D,E,F,G
vet; C-130D vet

Reply #5 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 8:38pm
Print Post  
Impressive work! Thanks for the time spent.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top