Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
757 does not capture Localiser (Read 1883 times)
kennedy2125

757 does not capture Localiser
Dec 21st, 2010 at 1:04pm
Print Post  
Hi All,
       I hope someone can help me.  I purchased the 757 about a mont ago and I havent had a successful flight yet.  Initially I had problems with the autopilot following the fmc flight plan but once I had updated my FSUIPC and calibrated my yoke it was OK.

Unfortunately whatever I do (and I have read every topic relating to auto land) I cannot get the plane to capture the localiser.

I tune the necessary info into the centre console and I get the Loc and G/S on the PFD but when I press LOC and then APP my plane insists on turning away from the LOC either in the opposite direction or taking my plane to about a mile either side of the localiser.  It follows the G/S however.

I have tried activating the localiser button at different times based on what I read on this forum but to no avail.  I have no issues with other aspects of autopilot except for the landing phase.

I have all updates for everything so cannot work out what it might be.  I have tried approaches to East Midlands, Edinburgh and Stanstead all with same result.  I have the latest AIRACS and the ILS info matches that of FS9 so know that that is not the issue.

Anyone any ideas as I am ready to bin what should could be a great aircraft?

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top