Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Crash to desktop (Read 8771 times)
Charlier

Crash to desktop
Dec 10th, 2010 at 10:23pm
Print Post  
Hi all

I have a question about my 757.
I bought this add-on a few days ago butt i'm not be able to fly with this aircraft. Installation was no problem and i can load the aircraft  into the screen. But when i hit the buton fly now the game crashes to the desktop without any warning or error messages. Is there sombody who knows what's happening?

IP Logged

D. Goetzl

Re: Crash to desktop
Reply #1 - Dec 25th, 2010 at 8:43am
Print Post  
Hello,

I have the same problem with my 757. I'd be very happy if anyone could help me.  Undecided

Regards,
David

IP Logged

George Tsai

Reply #2 - Dec 25th, 2010 at 9:22am
Print Post  
Dear All,
I have same problem with mine too. I try to Google about gdiplus.dll issue, and try to change my Nvidia 9600GT video card driver from version 260.99 to 186.18. It is amazing that this trouble is no longer happen, and every thing work well. Now I worry if one day I change my video card from 9600GT to GTX570, I have to use latest Nvidia driver such as 263.09. And I think this trouble will happen again.

IP Logged

macsgang

Reply #3 - Jan 8th, 2011 at 6:38pm
Print Post  
I'm having the same problem too. I found that if I start the flight with  a default aircraft and then change to the CS 757 it works without crashing but if I try to reload a second time then it makes the program crash. How about some help with this problem please.

IP Logged

northridge

"Flight Simulator has encountered an error........
Reply #4 - Jan 20th, 2011 at 9:29pm
Print Post  
Just re-installed the 757 after a good while away, and every time I select the plane I get the "Error" message: The first cupla times FS crashed but now the plane loads and I can complete an FMS-managed flight with no problems.  When I close or minimisse FS the "Error" message is still there.
At present this isnt a problem, but Im curious as to why its happening.

IP Logged

JohnFly5

Reply #5 - Mar 18th, 2011 at 4:45pm
Print Post  
Charlier wrote on Dec 10th, 2010 at 10:23pm:
Hi all

I have a question about my 757.
I bought this add-on a few days ago butt i'm not be able to fly with this aircraft. Installation was no problem and i can load the aircraft  into the screen. But when i hit the buton fly now the game crashes to the desktop without any warning or error messages. Is there sombody who knows what's happening?

I have EXACTLY the same problem. Funny thing was that I was able to actually run it right after installation. But now I cannot even load a Cessna 152 from Flight sim. The "Fly Now" button causes the whole program to CTD no matter whether I am selecting the Captain Sim 757 or any other airplane.. Another forum on AVSIM suggested deleting the .cfg file. I also thought maybe it was my Anti-Virus suite, but I am starting to think that maybe that is not the problem. Any other ideas would be great!!! Its really a great product, I didnt have any other problems.. just this...

IP Logged

JohnFly5

Reply #6 - Mar 19th, 2011 at 8:42am
Print Post  
HEY ALL I FIGURED ATLEAST ONE WAY TO WORKAROUND THIS!!!

I tried out a few things yesterday and actually got one of them to work! Its a funny way of fixing the issue but once I load up the plane it all flies great. I just dont seem to be having any of the other problems others are talking about.
Heres what I did.
I first removed the whole CS757 program and Flight sim worked normally. It was not my Anti-Virus program. I reloaded the CS757 and heres how it worked....
I couldnt find the .cfg file, but maybe this is sort of the same thing. On my computer (Windows XP) under My Documents there is a folder that holds the previous flight files as well as the logbook files. The folder is called simply, Flight Simulator Files. I deleted the previous flight files and started flight sim, which in turn forced the program to start up using the default flight with the default aircraft, (ie C-152 at KSEA). I had no problem then selecting aircraft and loading the CS757, any livery, and flying it. The only problem I have is that I cannot load another plane afterwards or it will CTD. It is somewhat of a weird backdoor workaround, but for what I think is a good product (and only 13dollars) it is a worthwhile hassle. Maybe upon getting a more powerful system it will not have this problem. Smiley Who knows. But for now this way works for me.. Smiley

IP Logged

cessna_man

Reply #7 - Jun 24th, 2011 at 10:40am
Print Post  
I've got the same problem and I'm running on a good system. I found that after the first load and crash, when I load it again  I get the mircosoft crash box (I don't know how to refer to it), but it will still load the sim. Kinda weird. We are on a forum provided by the developers and I have to wonder why they don't give any suggestions to this issue. It would be nice to see a update, but I'm sure they're more concerned with patches for fsx. It's possible it's a video card or drivers issue. I'm running a Nvidia card.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top