Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Wow! Just got it and I'm loving it (Read 1470 times)
scoobe

Wow! Just got it and I'm loving it
Nov 23rd, 2010 at 12:14am
Print Post  
What a great looking and flying plane. It has a real heavy feel to it which I like.
Anyhow, I have a question.
Is the lounge in the front (big round tables) from the PanAm version, or were they in all 707's from that period. I was a passenger in a Luftansa 707 way back, and I dont remember that. I figured the picture of the clipper ship on the wall meant that the interior is modeled from A PanAm version.

IP Logged

LOU
Beta Team

727,707,747,757,767=
40years of Boeings

Re: Wow! Just got it and I'm loving it
Reply #1 - Nov 23rd, 2010 at 8:15pm
Print Post  
Is the lounge in the front (big round tables) from the PanAm version, or were they in all 707's from that period. I was a passenger in a Luftansa 707 way back, and I dont remember that. I figured the picture of the clipper ship on the wall meant that the interior is modeled from A PanAm version.

scoobe,

Most of the 707's of the 60's had the lounge in first class. Later in the mid 70's some of the lounges were moved to the middle between first class and coach. The TWA 707's had a piano bar in this later config but it did not last too long. By the early 80's there was no more lounge and some of the 707's were converted to all coach - hence the term: Roach Coach!  Shocked

The 707 was not the only plane that went through many cabin changes. The 727 had all kinds of mods in the cabin to attract riders. TWA installed a carry-on luggage bin at the front door to hold roll aboard bags in the early 70's. That was quickly replaced with the overhead bins since the front door bin caused traffic jams as folks tried to get their bag as they left the plane.

Another strange mod to the cabin was in the 747's used by Iran Air. I flew for them for a short time when I was furloughed from TWA in the early 70's. Iran Air installed a massive Samovar in the upper deck lounge that required special FAA approval for Boeing to strengthen the floor so it could take the weight. It was magnificent, but took most of the space.

And now back to 2010....

Lou  Roll Eyes

Processor: Intel Core i7-4770k @3.5Ghz Memory: 6Gb DDR3 1600mhz Video: NVIDIA GeForce GTX 680 Storage: 256Gb Samsung 840 Pro | 120Gb OCZ Agility 3 | WD Black 640Gb 7200rpm 55" Samsung LED - HDTV for monitor

IP Logged

scoobe

Re: Wow! Just got it and I'm loving it
Reply #2 - Nov 25th, 2010 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Very cool, Thanks for the info.

Rob

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top