Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25 Send TopicPrint
 25 CIVA INS - THE ONLY THREAD PLEASE (Read 326353 times)
Alberto

Re: CIVA INS - THE ONLY THREAD PLEASE
Reply #30 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 3:48pm
Print Post  
Hi,

I have now installed new versons of 07, and now I have INS in VC

But I have problems:

When I try to turn on STBY mode the selector of functions of the INS (from Overhed panel) it do not respond, and it not turn ON.

I have connected EXT PWR, and acrtivate it.

In previuws versons, I had CIVA panel in 2D mode, but only 2D (myself installed)

Have I to reinstall it?

Swiss VA Staff: Chief Pilot | IT Pilot Manager &&&&
IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #31 - Oct 6th, 2010 at 4:34pm
Print Post  
Alberto, unfortunately the current VC integration of Civa INS is a dummy one. So you can't turn any knobs on the overhead.

You can only go with the 2D panels if you have activated the other panel.cfg file coming with the 1.1 version.

I think that this thread already includes some tips to get it done, just read on  Wink

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #32 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 2:15pm
Print Post  
First try with the INS after studying it at 2 a.m. this morning (no, I have no life, in case you haven't guessed by now) and it worked perfectly!

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #33 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 10:03pm
Print Post  
Tim, hard work at unsuitable times is what a Captain's live is made off. Never mind the clock, always mind the safety of your passengers (I hope you had some).  Cool

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #34 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 12:43am
Print Post  
Now I remember the great frustration with the CIVA INS from my Ready for Pushback days.  Why do I get stuck at 6 -- alignment never counts down to 5, but stays at 6 forever?

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

CoolP

Reply #35 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 2:22am
Print Post  
Does it give you an error code then? Check all digits.

It talks to you but only uses numbers (which are described in the very good docs coming with it in the Civa\Docs folder).
My major faults when using the INS are
- wrong coordinates at "position", it therefor stops alignment
- no fresh entry of those coordinates (even when the right ones are already shown) on both units. It tends to stop there too.

I also recommend everyone to use the small hidden button on the units to get a full alignment in less time. Just hover over the srews of the units and discover this big help.

The "DisplayedStatus" pdf in Civa\Docs might help if alignment just stops and you want to find out the reason for this behavior.

The 6 to 5 phase is the critical one on the INS. If no green "nav" lights come up, user mistakes are the most possibly source of errors.

IP Logged

MikaelJ

Reply #36 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 10:40am
Print Post  
Hello
I'm having trouble with starting the INS, the first time i loaded the airplane with the new panel (i renamed the civa to panel and vice versa)
the INS worked perfectly. But now the second time I try to make an INS flight icant start the INS, nothing happens when i put it into STBY mode, the vc dummy illuminates but not the 2d one.

I've read in another or this topic about deleting an file in the civa folder called csx701. i've deleted this file and after doing so the INS worked, but after another atempt flying the 707 there's the same issue, not being able to turn on the INS.

any ideas

regards
mikael

IP Logged

TheFinn

Re: CIVA INS trouble
Reply #37 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 3:36pm
Print Post  
Martin Martinov wrote on Oct 2nd, 2010 at 6:32am:
Finally after some testing and comparing with the working INS on my Captain 727 I figured out what was the problem.

A simple missing line from the panel.cfg (which was provided with the package)

Here goes:

[Window06]
size_mm=250,196
background_color=16,16,16
window_pos=0.300, 0.070
position=0
visible=0
ident=11041
no_luminous=1
gauge00=../civa/INS!Config,       0, 0, 0, 0, csx701
gauge01=../civa/INS!Cdu1, 0, 0, 250, 196

The file csx701.Isd is not created in the CIVA folder when this line is missing, and this is preventing the gauge from initializing....

Same for me, after one flight the INS wouldnt start anymore. I added this line mentioned above and now it seems to work again.

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #38 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 11:16pm
Print Post  
CoolP wrote on Oct 10th, 2010 at 2:22am:
Does it give you an error code then? Check all digits.

It talks to you but only uses numbers (which are described in the very good docs coming with it in the Civa\Docs folder).
My major faults when using the INS are
- wrong coordinates at "position", it therefor stops alignment
- no fresh entry of those coordinates (even when the right ones are already shown) on both units. It tends to stop there too.

I also recommend everyone to use the small hidden button on the units to get a full alignment in less time. Just hover over the srews of the units and discover this big help.

The "DisplayedStatus" pdf in Civa\Docs might help if alignment just stops and you want to find out the reason for this behavior.

The 6 to 5 phase is the critical one on the INS. If no green "nav" lights come up, user mistakes are the most possibly source of errors.

No, no lights or error codes, it just sits there maddeningly on "65."  Forever.  Forever and ever.

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #39 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 2:30am
Print Post  
Tim Capps wrote on Oct 10th, 2010 at 11:16pm:
No, no lights or error codes, it just sits there maddeningly on "65." Forever. Forever and ever.

I don't recall ever seeing any numbers. I just turn it on to standby for a couple of minutes, then to align. I wait until the green READY light comes on and away I go (after entering my waypoints of course).

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

rickjake

Reply #40 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 3:00am
Print Post  
[color=#00ff00]Now I remember the great frustration with the CIVA INS from my Ready for Pushback days. Why do I get stuck at 6 -- alignment never counts down to 5, but stays at 6 forever? [/color]

Don't know if this may help or not, but I remember reading on another forum, that FSX has a bad habit of creaping your plane forward very slowly when parked at a gate. This can cause the INS alignment to stop because the aircraft has moved from its original positon when you started the alignment. As you know, the aircraft must remain still with engines off for the alignment to complete. Is your parking brake on when you start your alignment?
I have never experienced this myself, but I have heard of others who have. Anyway It a thought.

Rick

IP Logged

TheFinn

Reply #41 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 5:52am
Print Post  
I had this behavior too that it got stuck at 6. But my plane "jumped" on the ground, so I think this was the cause. Now at another airport, where I havnt got a low-riding 707, it counts below 6 very nicely!

Dont know what my FSX did, maybe reloaded the scenery and afterward my plane startet to jump. Or it might be a problem with the add-on scenery itself due to a higher ground-level than the original FSX-standard-airport...

IP Logged

felks

Reply #42 - Oct 11th, 2010 at 6:02am
Print Post  
Hi TheFinn
I too have had my 707 jump on occasions.Last noticed when taxiing @ ORBX Avalon scenery -at threshold to rwy 34 and outside northern terminal whilst taxiing past.It jumps a couple of feet ???
Maybe over sensitive to any minor elevation changes.No other products appear to do this at these locations ??
Regards
Glenn

IP Logged

asanal

Civa INS Problem with 707 1.1 and 1.0
Reply #43 - Oct 9th, 2010 at 5:31pm
Print Post  
Before I installed CIVA.INS to 707 1.1 I was having  perfect flights. Now, I am having difficulties with flashing graphics as soon as I click the "Space Bar" on my keyboard. I am hoping Captain Sim will solve this problem soon.

So, I put the 707 1.1 in the hangar and pulled out 707 1.0. Here I go again. Like I didn't learn my lesson from CIVA.INS problem in 707 1.1, I installed CIVA,INS to 707.1.0. Good news is there are no flashing graphics, but there is a catch 22 in 707 1.0.

I shot engines to load CIVA INS. All went accordingly; in 7 minutes I received the "Green Light" and switched to NAV mode.
Now I am in engine starting mode. Whatever I try,  engine doesn't start. I shut down CIVA.INS and reloaded the 707 through select aircraft bar and tried to start engine.  In one attempt all engines started.  I have to shut down engines again to start CIVA.INS. Waited another 10 minutes; tried to start engines; no luck. That is the Catch 22:  in order to load CIVA, I have to shut down;  once I shut down, engines don't start.   

I already generated K# for CS. Am I the only one having this problem?
I will appreciate your input.

Sanal

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Civa INS Problem with 707 1.1 and 1.0
Reply #44 - Oct 10th, 2010 at 1:43am
Print Post  
Hi Sanal.

A lot of people had that issue of the flashing graphics/textures in v1.1, just having the VC only and NOT the VC+Passenger Cabin, which is the default after installing, got rid of the flashing graphics. See THIS TOPIC. I have done some tweaking since then, and now I don't get the flashing graphics/textures and I have the passenger cabin too.

To get your engines started, try my method HERE AND see if that helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 25
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top