Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2]  Send TopicPrint
 10 AP turn knob in VC question (Read 7966 times)
Markoz
CS Team

Re: AP turn knob in VC question
Reply #15 - Oct 25th, 2010 at 10:47pm
Print Post  
pedrovazua wrote on Oct 25th, 2010 at 3:15pm:
I also use the the 2D A/P panel in the 3D cockpit but more and more often when I pass the cursor over the 2D A/P panel (which I normally put on the top of my screen) the entire screen goes black (only sound is still available) and the only option is to stop the flight and restart FSX again which is a real disaster. I tend to use the normal 3D A/P panel but as suggested above the pitch control is a real pain.

Has anyone else had the same experience and maybe found a solution?
Although I have had my FSX screen go completely black (Direct3D seems to stop working). It can happen on any FSX aircraft, not just the 727. I run FSX in "windowed mode" and it happens mostly if I'm go back and forth between FSX and other open programs (including Windows Explorer). I quite often have Acrobat, Windows Explorer, FSC 8.6 and others, running at the same time. I have found that my main culprits are Flight Sim Design Studio 3.5.1 and Gmax (both these programs hate sharing Direct3D with any other program).

I have not found a solution. I also found that it was worse when I had my Nvidia 1GB 9800 GTX+. I see it far less now with my current system. Maybe that's because it is more powerful. Could it be that you have FSX settings to high for you system? I never experimented that much with the settings once they looked just right. I liked where they were at. I would just swear at FSX and restart it when it all went black. I still do (swear at FSX and restart it, that is).

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 8GB RTX 2070 | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

pedrovazua

Reply #16 - Oct 28th, 2010 at 2:00pm
Print Post  
Thanks Mark for the answer. I will reduce a bit my settings, however I only get this black screen reaction when I pass the cursor over the Automotic pilot window, the rest of the time nothing happens. I have never have had any such black screen reaction in any other add-on aircraft or situation while using FSX. I think there is something wrong with the aircraft, may be Captain Sim can find a solution to include in the next patch.

IP Logged

Joe Rod

Reply #17 - Oct 28th, 2010 at 6:45pm
Print Post  
pedrovazua wrote on Oct 28th, 2010 at 2:00pm:
Thanks Mark for the answer. I will reduce a bit my settings, however I only get this black screen reaction when I pass the cursor over the Automotic pilot window, the rest of the time nothing happens. I have never have had any such black screen reaction in any other add-on aircraft or situation while using FSX. I think there is something wrong with the aircraft, may be Captain Sim can find a solution to include in the next patch.

i`m having the same problem, and this message sayng that the video driver has stoped and it was recovered (not sure if it is the actual words), but FSX is black and have to be restarted, losting the whole flt.

My GPU is nvidia 9800M GTS, with latest drive from nvidea.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 [2] 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top