Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 25 After installation, no landing gears visable (Read 40114 times)
country4life

After installation, no landing gears visable
Aug 31st, 2010 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Hello everyone,

I have just purchased this beautiful bird by Captain Sim and might I say, I am very pleased with it and the little impact it has on the frames. But I am only having one problem, the landing gears arent visible...I dont have a firewall on and im not running any antivirus program. I have Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit and am clueless on what could be causing this problem...I am a proud owner of several of Captain Sim products and never ran into this issue before..Any help would be greatly appreciated.. Cry

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Re: After installation, no landing gears visable
Reply #1 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 3:46pm
Print Post  
I saw this, too.  It looks like the 707 has some sort of alien anti-gravity technology that allows it to hover.  I believe it is a graphics overload issue.  I noticed it only at KJFK, which is addon, with another company's Manhattan nearbay.  I lowered some sliders a bit and have not seen a return of the issue.

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Reply #2 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 4:56pm
Print Post  
If gears are not visible all the time this is model protection. For technical support please check-in to Your Profile , click Product name link and use Customer Support link.

IP Logged

country4life

Reply #3 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 9:06pm
Print Post  
model protection? Dont know what you mean by that, but I just sent a ticket out...Hope it can be resolved.... Sad

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #4 - Aug 31st, 2010 at 11:26pm
Print Post  
country4life wrote on Aug 31st, 2010 at 9:06pm:
model protection? Dont know what you mean by that, but I just sent a ticket out...Hope it can be resolved.... Sad

It is an anti piracy measure that Captain Sim uses and it usually means your activation didn't work properly. Try uninstalling then reinstalling it to see if that fixes it. If it doesn't, you need to remove the information in the registry. Check in to Your Profile and search for KB #685 on how to do remove it from the registry.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

country4life

Reply #5 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 4:49pm
Print Post  
Thanks for all the effort in helping me out, but after trying the instructions on removing it from the registry after deleting, still didnt help me..I followed the instructions to a "T" and reinstalled it, and  fired up FSX and still no landing gears. I have already submitted a trouble ticket to Captain Sim and no reply, as of yet...the only direction im getting right now is from the community forum (from you)...I hope Captain Sim dont try and offer me a refund, because I would rather have this resolved..to me (IMO) this is the best bird I have ever purchased from them...this bird has NO impact on the frames whatsoever...Im praying that someone, or somebody is out there reading this and has a suggestion on how to maybe resolve this...and yes, all of my drivers are up to date... I have 12gb of memory, about 300gb ssd drives in raid 0, video card is nvidia gtx 290 1.8gb, operating system is: windows ultimate 7 64bit...I have purchased from Captain Sim with these specs in the past and no problems whatsoever, so im lost right now Cry....please help, Country4life

IP Logged

jcmic

Reply #6 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 5:54pm
Print Post  
Hi,
I had exactly the same problem just after the first installation.
(Morover my computer's specs are very close to yours, W7 64b, ram 12 Go, Nvidia gtx 260 1.8go, hd 2t raid0 ...  )
As long s I remember, I believe that I had just reinstalled the 707 over itself and the landing gears came back after it.
But it seems that you've already done it
Hope it'll work for you anyway

jcmic

IP Logged

country4life

After installation, no landing gears visable...FIXED
Reply #7 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 10:09pm
Print Post  
Hello Captain Sim Community,

Thanks to all of you who have tried so hard to fix my landing gear issue...Well, 2 days and 6hrs later I am glad to say," Its Fixed"!!! Captain Sim tech still hasnt replied back to my trouble ticket either....but im pretty sure someone from there will reply now after reading this and after seeing that it is fixed....the steps I took to get it working correctly are listed below (please note: this may or may not work for you)....

1). I uninstalled Captain Sim 707-300 from this path: Start/Control Panel/Programs and Features.
2). Went into the registry to completely remove any leftover entries.
3).Used Ccleaner to scan system for any old files or folders( Ccleaner is freeware, just google it).
4).IMPORTANT: I then redownloaded the 707.exe file from Captain Sim( think I may have had a bad download at first).
5). Restarted my computer.
6).Launched the .exe file I downloaded earlier, but this time before downloading, I right clicked the file and clicked,"Run as Administrator".
7). Installed it and what do you know.. Smiley

Also, Im not sure if "Running as Administrator" was the key to it installing correctly or redownloading the ".exe" file again was the fix, but im just glad its all working now.....Also, if you plan on going into the registry like I did, PLEASE ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK!!! Log into your profile with Captain Sim and type in this KB number for details on how to remove it from your registry: the KB number is 685

Special thanks to: Markoz, Jcmic,Tim Capps, and Captain Sim 2 for all their efforts......Happy flights Smiley

IP Logged

Tim Capps

Defense Lawyer & US Navy
JAG (ret), Writer

Reply #8 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 10:15pm
Print Post  
Glad you got it sorted out!

PC: i9 10900K @ 3.8 GHz | 32GB DDR4 3200 | 10GB RTX 3080 | 32” Asus TUF VG32VQ Curved Monitor | Samsung 2TB SSD HD | Win 10 Pro 64 - Flight Sim P3Dv5.2 |

IP Logged

country4life

Reply #9 - Sep 2nd, 2010 at 10:22pm
Print Post  
I couldnt sleep because I was up thinking about what could be causing me to have problems with the installation...lol..I guess im a flight addict, but im very thankful to have a community forum I can turn to for suggestions if im ever in need. I also like to give back as well, thats why I posted the instructions on how I resolved the problem and hopefully this may help someone in the future as well..have a happy flight.....Country4life

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 2:46am
Print Post  
Quote:
4).IMPORTANT: I then redownloaded the 707.exe file from Captain Sim( think I may have had a bad download at first).

Because of that one, you will find that I quite often recommend to re-download the product again as it happened to me with the 757-300 Expansion Model v4.4. After I did that, it worked perfectly.

Mark

EDIT: This particular time I didn't. Sad

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re:  After installation, no landing gears visable...FI
Reply #11 - Sep 3rd, 2010 at 6:51am
Print Post  
country4life wrote on Sep 2nd, 2010 at 10:09pm:
Well, 2 days and 6hrs later I am glad to say," Its Fixed"!!! Captain Sim tech still hasnt replied back to my trouble ticket either....

We have replied to your ticket the next day after it was submitted, please check your junk mail folder. Anyway we are glad the problem is resolved.

IP Logged

gerplass

, i
Reply #12 - Nov 12th, 2010 at 3:25pm
Print Post  
Hello,
i've just buyed, today, the 707-300, but surprise : the planes have not landing gears !!
please, help me .
Thank you

IP Logged

PropPro

Reply #13 - Dec 26th, 2010 at 2:14am
Print Post  
This happened to me right after installation (with no restart), but after I restarted the computer it was fine. I also reinstalled FSUIPC (registered) just for the hell of it as I have the current version backed up in a safe place. I recommend that as it will automatically re register itself and all your previous FSUIPC settings should be there. Always restart your PC after installing an FS add on, it eliminates alot of problems that really wouldnt be an issue if you did.

IP Logged

boeing247

Pilots: Looking down on
people since 1903

Reply #14 - Feb 25th, 2011 at 5:28pm
Print Post  
I found a solution (when I loaded a saved flight where the plane was still on the ground, my landing gear disappeared): While in the flight, go to Aircraft>Select Aircraft, click the same plane and same livery, and click "OK". The plane will re-load and the landing gear reappear.  Wink

-Bram Osterhout&&&&&&&&Dell XPS 8300 | Windows 7 64 Bit | AMD Radeon HD 6770 | Intel i7-2600 @ 3.40GHz | 1000GB Hard Drive
WWWGTalkSkype/VoIP  
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top