Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Autopilot within FSX (Read 4806 times)
Hawkwind

Autopilot within FSX
Aug 30th, 2010 at 9:13pm
Print Post  
Hi Guy's,

May well have brought this up before but thought It's about time I bumped it.

My queiry/question is that although I just love this aircraft I would like to use it along side Project Magentas Glass Cockpit suite of software. As it stands at present this is not possible as the autopilot within the C-130 is not linked to FSX's autopilot.

How can I ammend or adjust the aircraft's config file to use FSX's autopilot so I can use PM's glass cockpit?

Regards,&&&&James&&&&

IP Logged

Hawkwind

Re: Autopilot within FSX
Reply #1 - May 28th, 2011 at 2:59pm
Print Post  
Thought I would bump this one as no answer as yet. Doesn't warrant a ticket but, just like to know if and how there is a way to de-activate the inbuilt autopilot and insert the default Boeing one so I can use the Project Magenta software as a glass cockpit on a second screen/pc??

Regards,&&&&James&&&&

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #2 - May 28th, 2011 at 5:41pm
Print Post  
I experimented to see what I could come up with and here is my results. The following is the changes I made to the panel.cfg in both the FSX\SimObjects\CS_C130\panel AND FSX\SimObjects\CS_C130\panel.g. You will need to do it to ALL the panel.cfg files in ALL the other C130 panel and panel.g folders (e.g. CS_EX1_C130\panel and CS_EX_C130\panel.g) depending on if you have the Base Pack plus the Extra Pack I and/or Extra Pack II or the full C-130 X-perience package.

I replaced the original [Window07] with this one.

[Window07]
Background_color=0,0,0
size_mm=242,72
window_pos= 0.764, 0.050
position=2
visible=0
ident=AUTOPILOT
zorder=31

gauge00=Bendix_king_radio!Bendix-King Radio AP,  0,0,242,72

I could not remove the VC Autopilot! I think it is built into the VC, but I'll need to investigate further.

The problems are this:

You need to use the POWER, ENGAGE, HEIGHT, TRACK and GLIDE buttons on the A/P in the VC to get it to work. The POWER and ENGAGE buttons turn it ON. Pressing HEIGHT activates Altitude Hold to the height at which you engage button. You can use the 2D Bendix-King Radio AP to increase/decrease the altitude and the VS. TRACK will do all it's usual stuff and so you will need to use the Flight Director to control the Heading Hold, GPS, VOR or ILS. And the GLIDE button is required trigger APR on the Bendix-King Radio AP.

Unfortunately. I doubt that this will help when it comes to Project Magenta Glass Cockpit suite. Which is why I never really answered it in the first place. Sorry.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Hawkwind

Reply #3 - May 29th, 2011 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Thanks Mark,  when I tried this method I only done it to 1 aircraft not them all. Will try it again with your method and see if it works. Will let you know.

Regards,&&&&James&&&&

IP Logged

Hawkwind

Reply #4 - Jun 2nd, 2011 at 11:08pm
Print Post  
Markoz wrote on May 28th, 2011 at 5:41pm:
I could not remove the VC Autopilot! I think it is built into the VC, but I'll need to investigate further.

Doesn't make any difference any way as I didn't expect it to be removed....

Quote:
The problems are this:

You need to use the POWER, ENGAGE, HEIGHT, TRACK and GLIDE buttons on the A/P in the VC to get it to work.

Yes, but one flight I can get it to work without and others I can't!! Still working on this one.

Quote:
Bendix-King Radio AP.

I can't get this to pop up, but, as I'm using the PM software I'm not all that bothered.

All in all it works fairly well although my type file for the C130 sends PM ape, I had to delete it and use the 737 or 747 type file and alter all the speeds altitudes etcetera to get it to work most of the time. have to do a couple more flights as cannot get it yet to lock onto the ILS I'm having to do this manually (hand fly the ILS).

At least you gave me a few pointers to go on and I appreciate it, thanks. Now when I refine this I can then start on the Multi Crew Experience part of my project.

Regards,&&&&James&&&&

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top