Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1 Send TopicPrint
Check updates system seems dysfunctional? (Read 1990 times)
Charlie Reed

Check updates system seems dysfunctional?
Aug 7th, 2010 at 5:39pm
Print Post  
Hi,
I've only had the 707 for a short while now but have recently installed the Simufly CIVA INS to it for some aid with navigation, programming the system is fine but when it's setup and I try connecting it to the HSI/AP it doesn't really do anything (my procedure for connecting it is 1. turn on CIVA INS toggle switch 2. (when airborne) turn on lateral and vertical AP channels 3. toggle heading switch on AP panel. I believe my procedure is correct but think the problem is that I only have v1.1 installed and need to update to v1.2 or later. The problem with this is when I click on check updates ensuring to run it as an administrator, either a small window flashes near the top left of my screen (it is empty with the title Legendary 707) or I get an error telling me my computer is not connected to the internet or that I need to turn off my firewall, despite the fact neither is true. My question then is; is my INS procedure wrong, in which case I won't bother updating, or do I need to update. and if so, how? By the way, I'm running Vista 64.
Thanks for your help, Charlie.
P.s. Captain Sim, if mentioning the name 'Simufly' breaches your policy, I apologize, but I felt my post would only make sense if I did.

IP Logged

Captain Sim 2
CS Team

Re: Check updates system seems dysfunctional?
Reply #1 - Aug 9th, 2010 at 7:58am
Print Post  
The question has been previously answered by our Customer Support.
Please check-in to Your Profile, click Product name link and use Customer Support > Search KB > KB# 660

IP Logged

Charlie Reed

Re: Check updates system seems dysfunctional?
Reply #2 - Aug 25th, 2010 at 6:56pm
Print Post  
Thank you,
A very simple fix, just a case of pushing a button, I must say that with an INS this is one of my favorite aircraft.

IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: 1
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top