Visit Captain Sim web site  
  Welcome, Guest. Please Login or Register

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2  Send TopicPrint
 10 Just asking for advice? (Read 8866 times)
Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Just asking for advice?
Jun 2nd, 2010 at 8:15am
Print Post  
I'm suffering of lock-up ( Freezes) on my 727-100 V2.4 Installed in winXP SP3; After I formatted my sys because of the McAfee bug; I was ruunning Vista32.
Sometimes when I take off as soon as I gaining altitude the 727 hang; Freezes and after a few seconds the computers' ventilators go crazy...Then a sound like a relay and it shuts down to load windows again Undecided
What does this mean? Is my computer for the shop again? Or did McAfee bug ruin it completely? Cry

This just gets more annoying Angry Just tried to load 727 for the second time to test my Alt.Modes...Upon attempting to load it the second time to get the sounds...Paff!...Back to desktop Huh

I reinstalled from the installer I saved,so it goes straight; I think? Doesn't ask for the Order No. Do I have to get a new link?
berlopez

<div class=
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Re: Just asking for advice?
Reply #1 - Jun 2nd, 2010 at 11:41am
Print Post  
Hi Bernardo.

Check in to you profile at http://www.captainsim.com/support . Click on the 727-100 Base Pack. Then in the next window, click on Extended Download Service, then click the Get new links button and then click on the link it gives you to download the plane again. Install it and see if you have better luck this time.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #2 - Jun 3rd, 2010 at 6:33am
Print Post  
Hi Mark: Thanks for helping me.

I got a new link and downloded a new installer. Installed and I get the same results Undecided

I did get a window telling me I didn't have enough memory to run it?
I find this strange cause as yu say XP uses less ressourses than Vista; Sometime I can't even click the plane a second time to fix the sound issue when the computer already locks up and thna I get dumped to Desktop. Maybe there's more wrong with this machine since the McAfee bug than I anticipated Cry
I might have to reinstall the whole thing...(Question when I uninstall FSXSP2 from control panel does it uninstall the whole sim?

<div class=
IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #3 - Jun 3rd, 2010 at 9:31am
Print Post  
Hi Bernardo.

Do you know if when you got your computer repaired, that the person who did it reformatted your HDD before installing Windows XP? If the HDD was reformatted, then I can't see how there would be anything left to cause more damage. If I fix a computer with nasty viruses (viri?) I will often reformat the drive(s) to get rid of them and leave the person with a clean virus free install. It could always be a coincidence that the the McAfee problem came along just when your computer decided to have a hardware failure. So you might need to see if there is something else causing this.

I can try and help you out in the hardware department via email soon, but not just yet as I had a HDD failure and have to redo my system. I'm actually in the process of doing it now. Cry

Mark

Mark Fletcher

PC: i7 10700K @3.8/5.1GHz | 64GB DDR4 3200 | 12GB RTX 4070 Super | 32" LCD Monitor | 1TB SSD & 2x2TB SSD | Win 11 Pro - FSX/FSX-SE/P3D3/P3D4/P3D5/P3D6/MSFS2020
15.6" Gaming Laptop: i7 7700HQ | 32GB DDR4 | 6GB GTX 1060 | 256GB SSD & 1TB HDD | Win 10 Pro 64bit - FSX-SE/P3D4

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #4 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 11:13am
Print Post  
Hi Mark: Thanks for assisting me with this. To answer you question Honestly I have no idea what he did. Only that he formatted and installed XP SP3 in the computer...It's performing to say the least lausy!

I just tried to load 727...The vc textures don't load. only grey on the panles and it's frozen...can't do anything with it,but to Alt+F4 to exit the sim. I wonder if there isn't a bad Graphics Driver that is messing up things over here? Or something else??? All other addons load perfectly. Just last night I tested 727 and all was fine...Now this morning as if I had Irish nasty gnomes messing up my computer it turns to do this with the graphics...Strange Undecided Or a bad SP2 install? Cheesy

<div class=
IP Logged

btscott

Reply #5 - Jun 4th, 2010 at 3:35pm
Print Post  
I had the same problem a few weeks ago. Every time I reset the flight it would crash to the desk top. Other crashes occurred while playing FSX as well.

My *flying computer* has nothing else on it but FSX and it is offline. 3 and a half years ago it was a state of the art box. It finally came to mind---, again, that I had never cleaned the dust out of it. Reluctantly I disconnected everything and took it outside, carefully vacuumed what I could from the inside and then blew it out with a leaf blower (from a distance). Have not had a single problem since, and it seems to run better all around! I think it was overheating that was causing the the crashes.

Bruce

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #6 - Jun 6th, 2010 at 10:15am
Print Post  
btscott: Sounds like good advice. I've never had this machine open, ųcause I was afraid of riuining the warranty...But that all past now. It still has the plastic seals on some of the screws.I'll becareful when taking these off. I vacuumm it from the outside and try to get to those hard to get places,through the ventilation holes.

Just attempted again a flight on 727...It froze again during climb,nothing responds on the sim until I press (Ctrl+Alt+Delte)To end the program or process via the task manager...And this can take sometime; I have 122 GB of free space of a total of 175GB/Used 53.8 GB left on my C...So I don't think this is happening because I'm running out of memory. Undecided

I just tried to load 727-100...When I got to the first screen (2D panel) waiting for textures to load...It didn't? It froze there.

And yet one more time. I wonder if there isn't something wrong with my sim-connect.dll. It doesn't appear in the root folder...Just checked the installation log and it says:
INSTALLATION FOR FSX:
AppPath="C:\Programmer\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\"
Checking version of FSX.EXE:
... Version 10.0.61472.0  (Need at least 10.0.60905.0)
Checking compatibility with installed SimConnect:
    Found SimConnect build 60905 (Original)
    Found SimConnect build 61242 (SP1 May07)
    Found SimConnect build 61259 (Acc/SP2 Oct07)
Checking if there's already a version of FSUIPC4 installed in:
      C:\Programmer\Microsoft Games\Microsoft Flight Simulator X\Modules\FSUIPC4.DLL
... Version 4.600 found.
Installed version is later: it is not overwritten.
Looking for the current user's Application Data path:
... found as "C:\Documents and Settings\Ejer\Application Data"
Now finding \Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG for all users, including this one
Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data"
... No FSX.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Default User\Application Data"
... No FSX.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\Ejer\Application Data"
Found FSX.CFG in "C:\Documents and Settings\Ejer\Application Data\Microsoft\FSX\FSX.CFG"
Now checking DLL.XML ...
... There is a previous DLL.XML, checking for FSUIPC4 section.
... FSUIPC4 section already exists but will be replaced.
... FSUIPC4 section of DLL.XML written okay
Now checking for a SimConnect.XML file ...
... No SimConnect.XML file found. This is okay.
Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\LocalService\Application Data"
... No FSX.CFG there
Looking in "C:\Documents and Settings\NetworkService\Application Data"
... No FSX.CFG there
Now installing additional files into the Modules folder:
   Installed "FSUIPC4 User Guide.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 for Advanced Users.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC4 History.pdf" okay
   Installed "List of FSX controls.pdf" okay
   Installed "GlobalSign Root.exe" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC Lua Library.pdf" okay
   Installed "FSUIPC Lua Plug-Ins.pdf" okay
   Installed "Lua License.pdf" okay
   Installed "Example LUA plugins.zip" okay
FSUIPC4.DLL installed and signature checked out okay!
Deleted GlobalSign Root fix program ... no longer relevant
===========================================================

All installer tasks completed okay!
Registration for FSUIPC4 was cancelled or failed! (result code 40)

*************** End of Install Log ***************

I've been trying for days to install the Honda Jet again...Can't get the gauges (G_1000.cab to show completely) Have done several downloads,to see if something was wrong there? Get the same result everytime...Only the middle panel shows?

<div class=
IP Logged

btscott

Reply #7 - Jun 6th, 2010 at 3:07pm
Print Post  
I am certainly no computer expert and I do not know how to trouble shoot hardware failures. Is this pc used for purposes other than FSX? If so do you have failures with other apps or programs, or just with FSX? Can you play FSX with default planes with no problems? I would guess if FSX plays fine with just the default planes and features, and there are no problems with other apps and programs, then it probably isn't a hardware problem. Also, have you tried deleting the fsx.config file and letting FSX build a new one?

First I would download a free temp monitoring utility and see what the cpu temps are when these crashes occur. Your sig says you have a small machine. What are the specs? Do you do the regular maintenance like defrag and disk cleanup? Maybe it's reached the point where it can't handle the load???

Anyway, as a last resort I would reformat the hard drive(s), reload the OS, update all drivers, reload FSX and give it a good workout (without any add-ons), then I would reload the CS 727 and test it thoroughly. A lot of work, but, like me, you're retired!!

Mark, or others, may be able to help you more than I can, but they will need more information about your system.

Hope you get it straightened out!

Bruce

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #8 - Jun 6th, 2010 at 6:55pm
Print Post  
Hello Bruce: Thanks for you advice,indeed!
I'm no computer expert either...I got hit by the McAfee bug a month ago and had to send the computer to be formatted; I was running Vista 32 and despite its' drawbacks with FS I had manage quite well with it; You know disabling UAC,DEP...To run wilcos pubs' software, Legacy, CitationX Airbus Series ll. I asked the technician to put in WinXP SP3 instead as it's more FS friendly than Vista; But I've run into these issues. Maybe I was too hasty with my install of FSX whenI got my computer back; I'm alone to blame about this...And I know there's only one thing to do,unfortunately...reinstall the whole thing all over again Undecided
I have been trying to avoid this. But I just realized that my sim-connect doesn't figure in the FSX root folder, depite the report I publish..Like you here I'm not at all a computer expert; I'm completely lost.I've tried deleting FSX.cfg and letting FS build a new one...Didn't help much. But I did managed to load cap727 and complete a flight...with out loading weather; straight from  default flight.
I'll wait and see if Mark and the others come up with something,before I pay the control panel a visit Cry And start a-new install...
Thanks for your reply!

<div class=
IP Logged

btscott

Reply #9 - Jun 6th, 2010 at 11:13pm
Print Post  
Here's the link to the AVSIM Simconnect forum. One of the recent threads was responded to by FR Bill who is an expert. He says every service pack (I assume he means FSX) has a new version of sim connect in it. Make sure you have all the service packs installed for XP and for FSX.

http://forums1.avsim.net/index.php?showforum=255

Bruce

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #10 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 1:47am
Print Post  
Hi Bernardo.

I strongly recommend renaming/removing the FSX.cfg so you force FSX to create a new one, if you haven't already done so. If after that you are still getting the same issues, I would then say you need to try uninstalling FSX (Unistall all addon aircraft first). Make sure you remove all of FSX by deleting the FSX folder as well. Also, you might want to remove everything in the folder where the FSX.cfg is found. Then reinstall FSX then SP1 then SP2 or Acceleration. If you still have the problem, a reformat and redoing everything from installing a clean XP to a clean FSX could be what will be needed. This is all assuming that it is NOT a hardware issue.

Before the McAfee bug hit you, everything was working fine. I don't think the bug caused physical damage but it did cause lots software "damage". I find it hard to believe that you have a hardware problem, but it is not out of the question. Yet!

One thing I have thought of is this: You did install the XP Graphics Card drivers successfully, and did not do an unsuccessful attempt at the Vista drivers for it? Otherwise you could be using MS generic drivers for the card. It's just a thought!

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #11 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 11:44am
Print Post  
Hello Mark: Thanks for advice! This is what I've done so far,if memory serves me right. Earlier at one point you suggested I deleted the FSX.cfg and let FSX build a new one...I did that...But FSX didn't build a complete .cfg file; The whole section under [trusted] was missing???; despite me trying to restart FSX again...It didn't build another one or a complete one? This is strange; I got an error message. so I terminated that session.
I have saved a .cfg file which is untouched/ Unedited.For my FPS tweak.UPPER_FRAME_RATE = Under the graphics section. It's just changed to 40 Which gives me preatty good smooth performance in XP 12-26 FPS. It gave me better performance in Vista 39.9 FPS. I've tried setting it at Unlimited,but it doesn't make any notisable difference 12-26-30FPS and it get very hacky. My Nvidia GeForce 7500LE isn't very big. As soon as I got my computer back I tested how it was working as I suspected that XP was using Vista drivers. So I downloaded form theNvidia web the latest driver for my card 6.14.11.9745 ( This is the driver number on the device manager) on XP and let it run the installation process.
Yesterday as I wrote I managed to load 727 and make a small flight without issues. I loaded stringht after my default flight,no weather or anything else.

...And it's true before the bug I had everything working by the book. As I asked btscott I suspect,without being an expert that my sim-connect could be at fault. It's nnot present in the root FSX folder. But as you can see by the Log it's there.

btscott: Thanks for the link! I checked a few of the posts and went to check if my sim-connect is where is supposed to be? In the same folder as the FSX.cfg file? It isn't.

I'm really trying to avoid a complete reinstall...But if thats' the only solution to get it to build a new sim-connect file and to get FSX to work well again. I will of course oblige and reinstall Cool Undecided

Just checked again and I seem to be missing sim-connect .dll; Run a whole computer search,came out empty. What does this mean A complete reinstall of FSX; SP2; FSUIPC or what. Sorry Mark and Bill for sounding ignorant but desperate.

<div class=
IP Logged

btscott

Reply #12 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 1:27pm
Print Post  
If you think missing simconnect files is the problem then re-install SP1 (FSX), re-start the computer, open FSX then close it without starting a flight. Then re-install SP2 (FSX), restart the computer, open FSX and then close it. Then go to the fsx.config file and it should be completely up to date with simconnect. As Fr. Bill said, SP1 and SP2 have complete updates of simconnect.

I don't think rebuilding an FSX.config file will include *trusted* files just basic default FSX files. When you go to use the addons it will ask you if you want to designate as *trusted*.

Bruce

IP Logged

Markoz
CS Team

Reply #13 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 3:42pm
Print Post  
Quote:
Hello Mark: Thanks for advice! This is what I've done so far,if memory serves me right. Earlier at one point you suggested I deleted the FSX.cfg and let FSX build a new one...I did that...But FSX didn't build a complete .cfg file; The whole section under [trusted] was missing???; despite me trying to restart FSX again...It didn't build another one or a complete one? This is strange; I got an error message. so I terminated that session.

As far as I know FSX never rebuilds the [trusted] section of FSX.cfg, you need to tell FSX that they are trusted when it asks, as it does after a new install. You also lose any changes you made to the controls. e.g. customized keyboard commands you made. This is definitely a pain in the neck (I'm being polite here)! Just remember I'm redoing my whole system, including FSX, myself at the moment!

Quote:
I have saved a .cfg file which is untouched/ Unedited.For my FPS tweak.UPPER_FRAME_RATE = Under the graphics section. It's just changed to 40 Which gives me preatty good smooth performance in XP 12-26 FPS. It gave me better performance in Vista 39.9 FPS. I've tried setting it at Unlimited,but it doesn't make any notisable difference 12-26-30FPS and it get very hacky. My Nvidia GeForce 7500LE isn't very big. As soon as I got my computer back I tested how it was working as I suspected that XP was using Vista drivers. So I downloaded form theNvidia web the latest driver for my card 6.14.11.9745 ( This is the driver number on the device manager) on XP and let it run the installation process.
Yesterday as I wrote I managed to load 727 and make a small flight without issues. I loaded stringht after my default flight,no weather or anything else.

6.14.11.9745 (197.45 as Nvidia calls it) are the latest drivers so that's good.

Quote:
...And it's true before the bug I had everything working by the book. As I asked btscott I suspect,without being an expert that my sim-connect could be at fault. It's nnot present in the root FSX folder. But as you can see by the Log it's there.

btscott: Thanks for the link! I checked a few of the posts and went to check if my sim-connect is where is supposed to be? In the same folder as the FSX.cfg file? It isn't.

I'm really trying to avoid a complete reinstall...But if thats' the only solution to get it to build a new sim-connect file and to get FSX to work well again. I will of course oblige and reinstall Cool Undecided

Just checked again and I seem to be missing sim-connect .dll; Run a whole computer search,came out empty. What does this mean A complete reinstall of FSX; SP2; FSUIPC or what. Sorry Mark and Bill for sounding ignorant but desperate.

I think that the simconnect files are installed somewhere in C:\Windows. Mine are in the C:\Windows\winsxs folder. I can't recall if it is the same location in a 32bit system. Kust do a search in the C:\Windows folder for them.

Hope this helps.

Mark

Mark Fletcher

IP Logged

Berlopez

Denmark<br />

Reply #14 - Jun 7th, 2010 at 6:22pm
Print Post  
Hello Mark: Yes you're right about the [Trusted]. I found three sim-connect folders in my
C:\Windows\winsxs folder...I tried today my Dash 7_Fs9 in FSX ( this model works better in FSX than the FSX version, by Milton Shupe and it did the same it froze at take off...The computer did exactly the same as with 727...Froze...Then the fan went haywire and I got dumped to restart windows all over again. ?,?...Then I took off default Cessna 172 once in the air I changed to the Dash and managed to complete a short flight...Just to see if it loaded and could manage the load?

Undecided Humph! Just loaded one of the Connies,just after take off during the climb it froze..Like the others  Undecided As I tried to open a performance panel...I exited FS before the all the fuzz the ventilator makes....And it still happening...I wonder if it's not a sound driver issue? I have Realtek onboard.

Now? A few minutes later I'm trying to start FSX...Gets to the opening screen on windows desktop and doesn't load? I've waited more than 10 minutes...No music...Nothing  Sad

<div class=
IP Logged

Page Index Toggle Pages: [1] 2 
Send TopicPrint

« Board Index ‹ Board  ^Top